KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
So, I'm one of those people who buys a $2K OLED TV and then tries to play a 20 year old console on it. For years, I was using one of these cheapo HDMI via RGB dongles.

51oMwIoNz9L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It worked fine on my KS8000 and Sony x900h. Low and behold... I get no picture from my PS2 on my LG CX. I've checked everything, the RGB/YCBCR option, some GSM tweaks, loading into some 240p PS1 games. Nada.

Funny enough, the LG CX does support composite video... but, it's soft, hideous, and I can even hear faint buzzing when the screen gets particularly bright. To make things more confusing, I can't seem to find hard documentation on just what resolutions the LG CX supports over HDMI, so for all I know the TV might just not accept 480i via HDMI. Who knows?

I burned a few hours today Googling for any solution using my current hardware, but I'm coming up dry.

Does anyone on Era use a PS2 on their LG CX? If so, are you using one of these cheapo HDMI adapters? If not, what do you recommend? OSSC? A RetroTINK gizmo?

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
A retrotink is what you want. A piece of garbage like that thing will add a ton of lag and look like shit and probably not handle the picture correctly. A retrotink multiformat if you're just going to play PS2. You can get an OSSC if you want to shell out more though and that'll give better results.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
Can you manually set the HDMI input in the TV settings? I know sometimes on my crappy TV I have issues with "auto" and need to change it to force HDMI 1.4 or hdmi 2.0

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
A retrotink is what you want. A piece of garbage like that thing will add a ton of lag and look like shit and probably not handle the picture correctly. A retrotink multiformat if you're just going to play PS2. You can get an OSSC if you want to shell out more though and that'll give better results.
Is a retrolink better than a component w/ hdmi converter?

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

Ugh, but it worked for years! I'm surprised that the LG CX is taking 480i via composite but not willing to agree with the HDMI adapter for whatever reason.

I've been reading up on hardware all day and I keep seeing conflicting reports on OSSC being the right path versus the RetroTINK.

Can you manually set the HDMI input in the TV settings? I know sometimes on my crappy TV I have issues with "auto" and need to change it to force HDMI 1.4 or hdmi 2.0

I always set the CX to the HDMI I expect the PS2 to communicate through, yeah.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
The RAD2X is just a Retrotink in a singular cable instead of a box you can plug other stuff into. It's the same thing mechanically. The Retrotink Multiformat just has extra features that are particularly useful if you're playing PS2 era stuff. That entire family of gizmos is great though.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading up on hardware all day and I keep seeing conflicting reports on OSSC being the right path versus the RetroTINK.
RetroTINK 2x and RAD2X is a good, cheap option, but the RetroTink Classic, Mini, Pro and the RAD 2X only supports 240p and 480i content, and since you need something for PS2, you probably want some 480p support. The RetroTINK 2X Multiformat does support 480p and 720p passthrough, though, so that may be just what you're looking for.

OSSC is more is more versatile in terms of what it can do, but it obviously costs more, and some displays may not like some of the devices more esoteric output resolutions (ex. 480p*2=960p or 240p*5=1200p). For straight 480p output it should be fine, though.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The RAD2X is just a Retrotink in a singular cable instead of a box you can plug other stuff into. It's the same thing mechanically. The Retrotink Multiformat just has extra features that are particularly useful if you're playing PS2 era stuff.
It's similar, but the Pound cable adds a bunch of random lag. The Rad2x won't. Also I think there are problems with dark areas with the Pound cable.

First off: thank you both for weighing in. This has been bugging me all day.

Second: I plan on doing 50/50 PS1/PS2, and I originally was going to buy a BC PS3 until I realized how they just aren't future-proofed at this stage (oddly enough, the PS2 seems fine?). Money isn't really an issue, so I'm leaning OSSC.

The most confusing thing to me is that I can manually force different resolutions out of my PS2 via GSM, and they all worked fine on other TV sets. The LG CX doesn't even get sound.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Best PS2 HDMI solution is currently the 'Retrotink 2X Pro Multiformat'. Converts Component to HDMI, line doubling 240p and 480i to 480p whilst passing through native 480p content untouched. It can pass through 720p as well so is also useful for the original XBOX.
Not cheap, but works really well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
RetroTINK 2x and RAD2X is a good, cheap option, but the RetroTink Classic, Mini, Pro and the RAD 2X only supports 240p and 480i content, and since you need something for PS2, you probably want some 480p support. The RetroTINK 2X Multiformat does support 480p and 720p passthrough, though, so that may be just what you're looking for.

OSSC is more is more versatile in terms of what it can do, but it obviously costs more, and some displays may not like some of the devices more esoteric output resolutions (ex. 480p*2=960p or 240p*5=1200p). For straight 480p output it should be fine, though.

Hmm... this might be what the doctor ordered. I'll compare the Multiformat against the OSSC. I keep reading threads about how OCCS is apparently not the best fit for PS2, but I'm not 100% sure why?

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Best PS2 HDMI solution is currently the 'Retrotink 2X Pro Multiformat'. Converts Component to HDMI, line doubling 240p and 480i to 480p whilst passing through native 480p content untouched.
Not cheap, but works really well.

Would you say it gives a better final picture than OSSC? I'm not really bothered by the price of either, just looking for the best image on my LG.

Dwayne

Oct 27, 2017
I have an OSSC and it sucks for PS2. The majority of PS2 games are 480i and the OSSC's deinterlacing options just aren't up to scratch.
Besides getting a separate deinterlacer, the best solution atm is the GBS CFW. There was a guy selling premodded versions here, though it seems he's retired it for now, worth hitting him up if you can't do your own.
OSSC Pro will eventually replace this when it comes out.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I have an OSSC and it sucks for PS2. The majority of PS2 games are 480i and the OSSC's deinterlacing options just aren't up to scratch.
Besides getting a separate deinterlacer, the best solution atm is the GBS CFW. There was a guy selling premodded versions here, though it seems he's retired it for now, worth hitting him up if you can't do your own.
OSSC Pro will eventually replace this when it comes out.

Thanks for chiming in- sincerely. I was this close to buying a OSSC earlier but held back after seeing people express your exact sentiment, but now I'm positive I should go with the RetroTink 2x Multiformat Pro.

And I assume using GSM to force 480p isn't worth it with the OSSC? I get the impression it mustn't impact the picture if so many people in-the-know haven't mentioned in on reddit/era.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
I am glad I found this thread. My BC PS3 died and the whole capacitor thing seemed a bit over my head and game repair shops in my area didn't seem to know much about it either so looking into these solutions seems like the next step to playing PS2/PS1 games again with my physical collection

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Would you say it gives a better final picture than OSSC? I'm not really bothered by the price of either, just looking for the best image on my LG.
The OSSC in theory should give a better picture, since it can scale everything to 1080p before it hits your TV. IT will require manual tuning for the best picture though. The Retrotink will output 480p/720p based on what you feed into it.
In terms of simplicity though I'm a big fan of Retrotink stuff.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... this might be what the doctor ordered. I'll compare the Multiformat against the OSSC. I keep reading threads about how OCCS is apparently not the best fit for PS2, but I'm not 100% sure why?
That's entirely to do with the fact that the OSSC (and the RetroTINK and RAD 2X) all use Bob deinterlacing to handle 480i content, where the 480i interlaced fields are line-doubled to make them into full 480p frames. The result is a "flickery" image not unlike a proper 480i signal viewed on a CRT, but it's pretty much lagless, and because of that is generally better for games than the de-interlacing process you TV natively does. Most of the people in that thread are comparing it to the XRGB Mini Framemeister, which does do de-interlacing super-fast (about 1 1/2 frames of lag) but that device has been discontinued for a while and now commands insane prices (nearly $1000 last I checked).

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
That's entirely to do with the fact that the OSSC (and the RetroTINK and RAD 2X) all use Bob deinterlacing to handle 480i content, where the interlaced fields are doubled to get a 480p. The result is a "flickery" image not unlike a proper 480i signal viewed on a CRT, but it's pretty much lagless compared to the de-interlacing process you TV natively does. Most of the people in that thread are comparing it to the XRGB Mini Framemeister, which does do de-interlacing super-fast (about 1 1/2 frames of lag) but that device has been discontinued for a while and now commands insane prices (nearly $1000 last I checked).

Right, but apparently the RetroTINK 2X MF looks better than the OSSC for PS2 applications, despite it basically doubling the 480i into a 480p picture, from my vague understanding? Any idea what the discrepancy is there between OSSC vs. RetroTINK when it comes to going from 480i -> 480p?

The OSSC in theory should give a better picture, since it can scale everything to 1080p before it hits your TV. IT will require manual tuning for the best picture though. The Retrotink will output 480p/720p based on what you feed into it.
In terms of simplicity though I'm a big fan of Retrotink stuff.

Oy, this is where my head starts to spin. My understanding was the OSSC didn't deinterlace as well as the RetroTINK did... or is it just that they accomplish the deinterlacing through the same method and then OSSC upscales predicated on that?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Retrotink 2x Classic and I use it with my SNES(via HD retrovision cables), PS2(Via official PS3 Component cables), & Atari 800XL(via composite, modding for S-Video is beyond my ability) and it works great with al 3.

You should read up here:

www.retrotink.com

Introducing the RetroTINK-2X Pro Multi-format

Support for 480p pass-thru capability has been one of the biggest requests ever since we released the original 2X in 2018.Today, we are proud to announce the RetroTINK-2X Pro Multiformat (RT2X-M) , the latest device in our lineup capable of zero-lag pass-thru of 480p component inputs while...

Apparently, it's not quite as simple as "the multiformat is better than the pro/classic because it has 480p passthrough". The explanation is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I'm not sure what the pros/cons are between the two but apparently they are some.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
If you're only interested in getting the image to work as accurately as possible the bob-deinterlacing of the OSSC is probably more accurate to what you'd see on a CRT. I wouldn't recommend it for an OLED. I can pretty much guarantee your CX will be fine with the OSSC's resolution as long as the OSSC is plugged in directly, but the bob-deinterlacing has been known to cause weird image retention issues on standard LCD screens. Definitely a recipe for burn in on an OLED.

It's what I use though, and I appreciate the accuracy.

Dwayne

Oct 27, 2017
And I assume using GSM to force 480p isn't worth it with the OSSC? I get the impression it mustn't impact the picture if so many people in-the-know haven't mentioned in on reddit/era.
480p and OSSC work great together, highly recommended if that's the case. The issue is, while GSM certainly can push some games to 480p, it can't do all of them - less than 50% i'd say. I believe it's the 'field rendered' games that won't go to 480p, but haven't done that much research.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oy, this is where my head starts to spin. My understanding was the OSSC didn't deinterlace as well as the RetroTINK did... or is it just that they accomplish the deinterlacing through the same method and then OSSC upscales predicated on that?
The RT2X Multiformat actually uses a bilinear filter rather than straight up line-doubling, so the image is not as flickery as the standard Retrotink 2x. The 480p passthrough is why I recommend it. Games like Tekken 5 look fantastic.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but apparently the RetroTINK 2X MF looks better than the OSSC for PS2 applications, despite it basically doubling the 480i into a 480p picture, from my vague understanding? Any idea what the discrepancy is there between OSSC vs. RetroTINK when it comes to going from 480i -> 480p?
Apparently the Multiformat does bilinear upscaling instead of nearest neighbor, and that can smooth out the aliasing inherent with a lot of SD-era 3D games, but honestly it's really more a matter of taste than anything else which looks better.
This video does a good job going over the 2X Multiformat and comparing it to the other RetroTINK models + a basic Componet to HDMI converter.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I have a Retrotink 2x Classic and I use it with my SNES(via HD retrovision cables), PS2(Via official PS3 Component cables), & Atari 800XL(via composite, modding for S-Video is beyond my ability) and it works great with al 3.

You should read up here:

www.retrotink.com

Introducing the RetroTINK-2X Pro Multi-format

Support for 480p pass-thru capability has been one of the biggest requests ever since we released the original 2X in 2018.Today, we are proud to announce the RetroTINK-2X Pro Multiformat (RT2X-M) , the latest device in our lineup capable of zero-lag pass-thru of 480p component inputs while...

Apparently, it's not quite as simple as "the multiformat is better than the pro/classic because it has 480p passthrough". The explanation is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I'm not sure what the pros/cons are between the two but apparently they are some.

Thanks for the bedtime reading; I appreciate the link & anecdotal review.

If you're only interested in getting the image to work as accurately as possible the bob-deinterlacing of the OSSC is probably more accurate to what you'd see on a CRT. I wouldn't recommend it for an OLED. I can pretty much guarantee your CX will be fine with the OSSC's resolution as long as the OSSC is plugged in directly, but the bob-deinterlacing has been known to cause weird image retention issues on standard LCD screens. Definitely a recipe for burn in on an OLED.

It's what I use though, and I appreciate the accuracy.

I read about this a few hours ago and it somehow slipped my mind, it's spooky to see and I wouldn't want to render my 65" useless too quick.

... But wait, if bob-deinterlacing can cause this, doesn't that mean the RetroTINK 2x Pro Multiformat would also be at risk of busting my OLED?

480p and OSSC work great together, highly recommended if that's the case. The issue is, while GSM certainly can push some games to 480p, it can't do all of them - less than 50% i'd say. I believe it's the 'field rendered' games that won't go to 480p, but haven't done that much research.

I had a night of fun months ago trying to force various PS2 games to render in HD. Silent Hill 4 slowed to a 2fps crawl.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The RT2X Multiformat actually uses a bilinear filter rather than straight up line-doubling, so the image is not as flickery as the standard Retrotink 2x. The 480p passthrough is why I recommend it. Games like Tekken 5 look fantastic.

Ah, ok. Does this have any impact re: the Bob deinterlacing issues with OLED? I'm guessing no.

Apparently the Multiformat does bilinear upscaling instead of nearest neighbor, and that can smooth out the aliasing inherent with a lot of SD-era 3D games, but honestly it's really more a matter of taste than anything else which looks better.
This video does a good job going over the 2X Multiformat and comparing it to the other RetroTINK models + a basic Componet to HDMI converter.

No joke, I have this exact video open on my 2nd monitor as I type this.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
I read about this a few hours ago and it somehow slipped my mind, it's spooky to see and I wouldn't want to render my 65" useless too quick.

... But wait, if bob-deinterlacing can cause this, doesn't that mean the RetroTINK 2x Pro Multiformat would also be at risk of busting my OLED?
Without doing any research I'm going to take a stab and say yes. Other deinterlacing modes would probably avoid the problem, it's the rapid alternating of brightness that's the culprit. I can only concretely say the OSSC's mode is known to do it though.

Now, you might actually be fine using the OSSC for 240p/480i passthrough to your TV. You'll miss out on the image enhancements but your TV will definitely accept the signal and you won't have the burn-in risks.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
This thread is the first time I have ever heard of bob deinterlacing being an issue with OLED TVs.
It's not necessarily a problem with just OLEDs, it has been known to leave image retention on LCD TVs and monitors that generally shouldn't have any reason to have image retention issues.

EDIT:

Example 1
Example 2 (in the comments)

As far as I'm aware, there are no confirmed cases of permanent burn-in from bob deinterlacing, but that could be due to
1. People experiencing the image retention issue deciding to forego bob-deinterlacing to not risk it
2. Not a large enough sample size

It's something to keep in mind for sure, but I don't think anyone wants to be the guinea pig on this one.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Without doing any research I'm going to take a stab and say yes. Other deinterlacing modes would probably avoid the problem, it's the rapid alternating of brightness that's the culprit. I can only concretely say the OSSC's mode is known to do it though.

Now, you might actually be fine using the OSSC for 240p/480i passthrough to your TV. You'll miss out on the image enhancements but your TV will definitely accept the signal and you won't have the burn-in risks.
Yeah, it should be mentioned that all these devices allow for straight passthrough of the native signal to the TV over HDMI so it can handle de-interlacing it, but obviously it's going to be laggier than just going with the devices' bob modes. Plus, for 240p, I'm pretty sure the CX is in the "mis-interprets 240p as 480i" club, so you'll be better off using the upscaling mode on your devices for most of your PS1 games (as well as the few odd PS2 games like ICO).

KalBalboa if you're really, really worried about bob de-interlacing image retention, and money really isn't an issue, it might just be better to invest in a Framemeister of BC PS3. If you don't want to spend that much, though, you can try getting a GBS 8200/8220 and get the GBS Control mod done to it, since it does fast, proper deinterlacing, but it's kind of "hacky" and the overall image isn't as good as some of the other options (a bit overbrightened/oversaturated with ringing artifacts, from what I've seen.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Yeah, it should be mentioned that all these devices allow for straight passthrough of the native signal to the TV over HDMI so it can handle de-interlacing it, but obviously it's going to be laggier than just going with the devices' bob modes. Plus, for 240p, I'm pretty sure the CX is in the "mis-interprets 240p as 480i" club, so you'll be better off using the upscaling mode on your devices for most of your PS1 games (as well as the few odd PS2 games like ICO).

KalBalboa if you're really, really worried about bob de-interlacing image retention, and money really isn't an issue, it might just be better to invest in a Framemeister of BC PS3. If you don't want to spend that much, though, you can try getting a GBS 8200/8220 and get the GBS Control mod done to it, since it does fast, proper deinterlacing, but it's kind of "hacky" and the overall image isn't as good as some of the other options (a bit overbrightened/oversaturated with ringing artifacts, from what I've seen.)

I've thought about going the PS3 route a few times, but I just don't have faith in the shelf life. Oddly enough, the PS2 seems more bullet-proof, plus I can find them for literally $15 at yard sales, still. Framemeister is stupidly overpriced for what it does, imo.

When you say I'd be "better off using the upscaling mode on your devices," do you mean using the upscaler on the RetroTINK/OCCS? I just need to clarify.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
This thread also makes me miss my Sony XBR4 TV of years past.

It had 2 Component inputs, 3 composite inputs(1 with S-Video), and a VGA input with 3.5mm for sound. Along with 3 HDMI's and a Optical Out. I made use of every single last one of them.

It's a shame modern TV's even the high priced ones have basically given up on supporting anything other than HDMI. My 2019 Vizio having a hybrid Composite/Component input is a miracle. They probably just forgot about it and it snuck in there.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about going the PS3 route a few times, but I just don't have faith in the shelf life. Oddly enough, the PS2 seems more bullet-proof, plus I can find them for literally $15 at yard sales, still.

When you say I'd be "better off using the upscaling mode on your devices," do you mean using the upscaler on the RetroTINK/OCCS? I just need to clarify.
Yeah, obviously PS3's aren't too long for this world, but redoing the thermal paste would probably help it live longer (since, IIRC, poor thermal compound was a bit reason for PS3 failures).

And yeah, I meant upscaling on the RetroTink/OSSC.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I have no input here but the title reminded me of how much trouble I had with the first ever flat screen TV I bought, my 720p Sony Bravia LCD, and how many damn handshake issues I had with my fat PS3. I swear to god I used to have to wiggle the cable and shit and random games would black out all the time on that TV.

May 24, 2019
Just a word of warning about the RetroTink. I just got a multiformat and after playing KOF XI, it temporarily left an afterimage of the UI on my LG LCD TV.
It's the same thing that happened with the Switch's NES app's CRT filter. Apparently the bob deinterlacer with 480i content doesn't let the crystals rest (or something.)

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Just a word of warning about the RetroTink. I just got a multiformat and after playing KOF XI, it temporarily left an afterimage of the UI in my LG LCD TV.
It's the same thing that happened with the Switch's NES app's CRT filter. Apparently the bob deinterlacer with 480i content doesn't let the crystals rest (or something.)

Ugh. Why is this so hard.

Sure would be nice if I could just put my PS1/PS2 games into my PS5.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just a word of warning about the RetroTink. I just got a multiformat and after playing KOF XI, it temporarily left an afterimage of the UI on my LG LCD TV.

Not sure what's going on, I've had zero issues using the Multiformat with my E6 OLED.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
First off: thank you both for weighing in. This has been bugging me all day.

Second: I plan on doing 50/50 PS1/PS2, and I originally was going to buy a BC PS3 until I realized how they just aren't future-proofed at this stage (oddly enough, the PS2 seems fine?). Money isn't really an issue, so I'm leaning OSSC.

The most confusing thing to me is that I can manually force different resolutions out of my PS2 via GSM, and they all worked fine on other TV sets. The LG CX doesn't even get sound.
Yeah if money isn't an issue an OSSC is the best option. I love mine. I have a PS2, Wii (watch also covers GameCube), Xbox, and an RGB modded N64 all plugged into it, and they all look amaizing. 240p Virtual Console games also work great.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Why is this so hard.

Sure would be nice if I could just put my PS1/PS2 games into my PS5.
You could just do pass-through with the OSSC and let your TV handle the upscaling. That's what I do because I'm not wild about bob deinterlacing.

You can also line-double games that run at 480p, assuming your TV plays nice with it of course. I'm pretty sure there's some homebrew that lets your force 480p as well for a lot of games.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
You could just do pass-through with the OSSC and let your TV handle the upscaling. That's what I do because I'm not wild about bob deinterlacing.

You can also line-double games that run at 480p, assuming your TV plays nice with it of course. I'm pretty sure there's some homebrew that lets your force 480p as well for a lot of games.

GSM lets you force 480p on PS2, but it's hit and miss.

For OSSC, just doing a pass-through seems like a waste of the hardware then, no?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
What game are you trying to run? I know my monitors and stuff will not accept any PS1 games on PS2.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
What game are you trying to run? I know my monitors and stuff will not accept any PS1 games on PS2.

I couldn't even get the PS2 GUI to pop up on my LG CX over the generic "PS2 to HDMI" dongle, but I did get picture via composite in.

When I got composite working, I had Silent Hill 2 running and Twisted Metal 3, just for the sake of trying a PS2 and PS1 title, and neither would work via the HDMI dongle.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't even get the PS2 GUI to pop up on my LG CX over the generic "PS2 to HDMI" dongle, but I did get picture via composite in.

When I got composite working, I had Silent Hill 2 running and Twisted Metal 3, just for the sake of trying a PS2 and PS1 title, and neither would work via the HDMI dongle.

Yes, I have a generic hdmi dongle and it does not like a lot of games if the resolution is too low. I feel your frustration.....I ended up switching to emulation just because it was far easier and stored my PS2

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I haven't used my PS2 in a good while, but I think I had a similar issue with my LGC9. It doesn't take 480i over HDMI. I have an OSSC, and 480i pass through didn't work. 2x mode on the OSSC will give you a picture. I didn't have this issue with my KS8000.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Turn off Ultra Deep Color on the CX for that hdmi port in case you have it on?

Turned it off/on, nothing.

I haven't used my PS2 in a good while, but I think I had a similar issue with my LGC9. It doesn't take 480i over HDMI. I have an OSSC, and 480i pass through didn't work. 2x mode on the OSSC will give you a picture. I didn't have this issue with my KS8000.

You'd think for $2,000... LG would spring for some "bells and whistles."