OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any site that lets me watch episodes of MLP:FiM legally?
Netflix has seasons 1-8 and the Best Gift Ever special, while Hulu has season 9 and the theatrical movie. For Equestria Girls, Netflix has movies 2-4 and the half-hour specials. The hour long specials are on YouTube officially, broken into 10 minute chunks. You can purchase everything on YouTube, iTunes, etc. There are also DVD boxsets (not BluRay in the US) but they stopped at season 7, I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream announcement, we're watching
1. Glitch Techs - 203 - Ralphie Bear is Back
2a. DC Super Hero Girls - 17 - #IllusionsOfGrandeur
2b. DC Super Hero Girls - 18 - #BeastsInShow
3a. Infinity Train - 309 - The Origami Car
3b. Infinity Train - 310 - The New Apex
4. Harley Quinn - 212 - Lovers' Quarrel

Finishing Infinity Train. We'll resume Your Lie in April next week.

Not sure about Harley Quinn's replacement in three weeks. At first I was thinking Green Eggs and Ham, since that's been a request for a while, but I wasn't sure if people would still want a more adult show in that slot.

~~~

These posts are getting a bit lonely without art posts, so I'll just post some random ones from throughout the day on Discord.

龟速撸出了RR,宝石画不好只好先这样了。改了… - 半次元 - ACG爱好者社区

MLP,珍奇,彩虹小马,绘画,小马宝莉 | 龟速撸出了RR,宝石画不好只好先这样了。改了rr的礼服画成了露背的… - 半次元是ACG爱好者社区,汇聚了包括Coser、绘师、写手等创作者在内的众多ACG同好,提供cosplay、绘画和小说创作发表、二次元同好交流等社群服务。网站共设cosplay、绘画、写作、漫展、话题、视频、弹幕等多个频道。

derpibooru-2437843.jpg

9-10-20 Infinity Train season 3 end stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup, we watched
1. Glitch Techs - 203 - Ralphie Bear is Back
2a. DC Super Hero Girls - 17 - #IllusionsOfGrandeur
2b. DC Super Hero Girls - 18 - #BeastsInShow
3a. Infinity Train - 309 - The Origami Car
3b. Infinity Train - 310 - The New Apex
4. Harley Quinn - 212 - Lovers' Quarrel

Glitch Techs was a Five Nights at Freddy's reference, and it was pretty fun, though it leaned into the game parody less than I expected. Only one animatronic attacked and it wasn't the bear. We also saw childhood flashbacks, which was good.

The DC Super Hero Girl episodes were good, with dogs in the latter.

Infinity Train comes to an end, perhaps forever. And if it is the end, people thought it was a good one. People noted that Simon was pretty incel-y, and that death sequence was really gruesome.

Harley Quinn resolved everything with Dr. Psycho and Darkseid, but now they have to deal with Harley and Ivy making out, and Psycho projecting that to everyone. I was amused by Harley's anger at the fact that Clayface is way more powerful when mind controlled than when he was helping her.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

New Pony Life Teaser, and Reveal That It's Heading to Youtube

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media

Pony Life will be airing on YouTube, rather than Discovery Family like originally advertised. I figured this was what was going on, after Pony Life failed to air in the summer: for whatever reason, the Discovery Family deal fell through.

Though it was clearly already designed for this, with the five-minute short format. Although COVID and YouTube's changes to how recommended videos work for kids videos have pushed kids videos to be 20+ minutes anyway.

Good long PMV

Some art

Ehjxn70UYAEJTgM

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1a. Pony Life - 23 - Pie vs. Pie; Superb Six
1b. Pony Life - 24 - The Debut Taunt; Flutterdash
2. BNA - 11 - A Beastly Feast
3. BNA - 12 - Anima-City
4. Hilda - 2 - The Midnight Giant
5. Sailor Moon R - 85 - The Dark Queen: Birth of Black Lady
6. Sailor Moon R - 86 - Saphir Dies: Wiseman's Trap

Realized we just had two BNA left, so finishing that up here. Decided to skip Fruits Basket this week since that's the show that's likely to have dub delays in the future.

~~~

Nice animation

And some art

9-13-20 BNA end stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. #BigScreenBully | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
1a. Pony Life - 23 - Pie vs. Pie; Superb Six
*. #EqualTights | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
1b. Pony Life - 24 - The Debut Taunt; Flutterdash
*. #DyeHarder | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
2. BNA - 11 - A Beastly Feast
*. #LostAndFound | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
3. BNA - 12 - Anima-City
*. #StainedFighter | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
4. Hilda - 2 - The Midnight Giant
*. #StayHome | #CruzControl | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon R - 85 - The Dark Queen: Birth of Black Lady
*. #Babsgirl | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
6. Sailor Moon R - 86 - Saphir Dies: Wiseman's Trap

The Pony Life episodes were received well enough. Octavio Pie didn't really leave an impact.

The final BNA episodes were like I heard, largely dropping many of the themes of earlier in the series (particularly the stuff about life as a female beastman being difficult) in favor of a bunch of things suddenly being revealed, leading to a big giant animal fight with lasers. The previous episodes made it feel so obvious that the stuff about Michuru and Nazuna being transformed by accident and beastmen turning aggressive when too many species are together was BS, but no, it was all true somehow. Still, it was an entertaining finale.

Hilda had a nice episode. I really enjoyed the story of the giants.

Sailor Moon R featured, well, what's in the titles. The episodes were good, aside from the oddly horny Black Lady transformation. And her name, of course.

~~~

Good PMV

And some art

deviantart-MirtaSH-854993386.jpg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Children of the Sea

An anime movie, not to be confused with Song of the Sea.

~~~

There were two more toy videos I missed.
www.youtube.com

My Little Pony 💖 NEW 💖 Giant Fluttershy | MLP Toys | Toys for Kids

👀Watch more Pony Life episodes: https://bit.ly/MorePonyLife ❤️ Subscribe to the My Little Pony Channel: http://bit.ly/SubtoMLP Welcome to the official home o...
www.youtube.com

My Little Pony | Dress Up with Rarity - Rarity's Fashion Show | MLP: Pony Life Toys | Toys for Kids

👀Watch more Pony Life episodes: https://bit.ly/MorePonyLife ❤️ Subscribe to the My Little Pony Channel: http://bit.ly/SubtoMLP Welcome to the official home o...

Both videos are pretty crazy.

Some art

deviantart-Spirit-Fire360-854937994.jpg

www.pixiv.net

fsh hoody

^^
deviantart-RacoonKun-854993857.jpg

9-15-20 Children of the Sea stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Children of the Sea

That... was a movie.

The reviews all agree that it's visually amazing, but the story and characters are pretty bad. It's trying to be deep but saying nothing. Also, creepy eyes.

So, did the universe reset or was there time travel or something?

~~~

PonyFest Online is back this Saturday!

Two people I know, garatheauthor and Monochromatic, both have panels this time, so I'll definitely check those out.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Kotobukiya Sunset Shimmer In-Person

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

~~~

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Your Lie in April - 16 - Two of a Kind
2. Glitch Techs - 204 - BUDS
3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 19 - #GothamCon
3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 26 - #Abracadabrapalooza
4. Harley Quinn - 213 - The Runaway Bridesmaid

There's a bunch of DC Super Hero Girls two parters starting from episode 20, so jumping ahead a bit before going back next week.
Resuming Your Lie in April. There are seven episodes left, so if we double up next week, after Harley Quinn ends, that means we'll finish it before Kipo resumes.

~~~

New CG Pinkie video! That I forgot to post yesterday.

I think it's the same VA as CG Pinkie for CG Rainbow. Rainbow's voice is pretty forced.

~~~

wish_i_could_be_by_marenlicious_de59cdq-fullview.png

deviantart-PyroPk-855178523.jpg

9-17-20 Harley Quinn season 2 end stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Your Lie in April - 16 - Two of a Kind
2. Glitch Techs - 204 - BUDS
3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 19 - #GothamCon
3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 26 - #Abracadabrapalooza
4. Harley Quinn - 213 - The Runaway Bridesmaid

Your Lie in April was pretty good, with some fun character and comedy moments. Also the lead girl falling over and bleeding.

Glitch Techs was fun. Though it was a bit odd that they started talking about Mitch's backstory, but then dropped it. Also more tentacley than I expected from western animation.

Both DC Super Hero Girls episodes were good. First featured Tara Strong talking to herself, and second featured a Zatanna flashback where she did some Twilight Sparkle flashback stuff.

Harley Quinn was the season finale (season 3 confirmed after the stream itself) and it was good. I will say it's odd that a poly relationship never game up, but eh.

Pony Life season 2 and G5 info; December 2020 comic solicitation
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
www.equestriadaily.com

Pony Life Gets a Second Season in Spring of 2021

Licensing Summit Online выход сериала G5, второй сезон Pony Life / Срочно в номер / Табун - место, где пасутся брони

Сегодня в рамках Licensing Summit Online прошла презентация российского филиала Hasbro. О бренде My Little Pony были озвучены две

EiIRaOFWoAE5XW6.jpeg

Pony Life season 2 coming in Sprint 2021. Given the short timeframe, I imagine both seasons were made together.
We also have G5 info! Movie's coming Fall 2021, then there's a 44 minute special in Spring 2022, then the series proper starts Fall 2022. I suppose the special is going to be the Return of Jafar to the movie's Aladdin.

~~~

December 2020 comic solicitation

Friendship is Magic #93
1.jpg
2.jpg
STL169572.jpg

(Writer) Mary Kenney
(Artist) Trish Forstner
(Cover Artist A) Trish Forstner
(Cover Artist B) JustaSuta
(Cover RI) Pony-Berserker

Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood are back in Ponyville! Scootaloo's beyond excited for her parents' visit, but when it becomes clear that they don't have much in common, Scoots learns that there's no right or wrong way to be a family-and that's ok.

I'm surprised to see what appears to be a one shot story. Also way to spoil the lesson.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1a. Pony Life - 25 - The Rarity Report; The Great Divide
1b. Pony Life - 26 - The Great Collide; Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
2. Fruits Basket - 214 - I Might as Well Die, Then...
3. Great Pretender - 1 - CASE1_1: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 3 - The Bird Parade
5. Sailor Moon R - 87 - Believing in Love and the Future: Usagi's Decision
6. Sailor Moon R - 88 - The Final Battle Between Light and Dark: Pledge of Love to the Future

Trying out Great Pretender. First arc is five episodes, so that should be a good sample, and we can stop before that anyway.

We're also finishing both Pony Life season 1 and Sailor Moon R.

~~~

PonyFest Online 4.0 was pretty fun! Here are all the Sketch From a Hat sketches
https://twitter.com/dawnf1re/status/1307490571024384000 (thread)

And a GIF made during an earlier panel

~~~

Fun Chinese video. I recommend turning on captions.

Some art

deviantart-RavenSunArt-855577403.jpg

deviantart-LolliponyArt-855630879.jpg

Comic representing everyone right now
EiRDCLgVkAEnbxn.jpg%3Alarge

9-20-20 Pony Life season 1 end stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. Dalabengba Animatic || MLP (Pinkie x Dash) - YouTube
1a. Pony Life - 25 - The Rarity Report; The Great Divide
*. #AdBlockers | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
1b. Pony Life - 26 - The Great Collide; Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
*. #ArtificialIntelligence | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
2. Fruits Basket - 214 - I Might as Well Die, Then...
*. #AsteroidBelter | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
*. #CandyCrushed | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
3. Hilda - 3 - The Bird Parade
*. #VanityInsanity | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
4. Sailor Moon R - 87 - Believing in Love and the Future: Usagi's Decision
*. #PhotoOops | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon R - 88 - The Final Battle Between Light and Dark: Pledge of Love to the Future
*. Meet Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune! | Sailor Moon S | VIZ - YouTube
*. "Cousins" - YouTube

Pony Life came to an end, and people seemed to be eh about this set of episodes.

Fruits Basket was another Yuki heavy episode, which explored Rin a bit more but still didn't really say what her deal is.

There were issues with Great Pretender and we had to skip it this week.

Hilda was a fun episode, showing there's strange and magical wonders even in the city. Also jerk kids that throw rocks at birds.

We finished off Sailor Moon R with Wiseman as the final foe. He's really underwhelming compared to the likes of Queen Beryl last season, with his brightest idea for defeating Usagi being to make her think Mamoru and Black Lady are incesting together, which wasn't even true. And in the end, we still didn't learn what was in the lighthouse. I'm complaining here, but it was an enjoyable set of episodes, and there was a good insert song during the final fight.

Since we skipped the recap episode that has previews for Sailor Moon S, I played a different preview to show off the rad Outer Senshi transformation theme, and people seemed into it. And of course, I had to show the "cousins" montage from the old dub.

For Pony Life's replacement, this seems as good an opportunity as any to watch some G1. For Sailor Moon, we'll double up on S for the start, then replace the second slot with Petite Princess Yucie or something else.

~~~

1. The Secret of Kells

And then Song of the Sea next week.

~~~

Look at this amazing art
racoonkun.tumblr.com

Racoon-kun

ac95def7a32367cdab3e47fc6ca37b3493954ab1.jpg

e3e051a324c5f9a307131a4acdc52c7f78f6eead.png

9-22-20 The Secret of Kells stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Secret of Kells

As expected, this was a gorgeous movie, and pretty fun. The design of the one black character, with his huge lips, was questionable, though. The story progression was odd too, with the big confrontation with a dark god coming before the Viking attack, and there being a largely unseen timeskip after during which the Book of Kells is completed off screen. Still, it's good overall.

~~~

1. Your Lie in April - 17 - Twilight
2. Your Lie in April - 18 - Hearts Come Together
3. Glitch Techs - 205 - The New Recruit
4. DC Super Hero Girls - 20-21 - #DCSuperHeroBoys

Doubling up on Your Lie until we finish in two weeks.

~~~

LMAO, we literally have a guy arguing with the crew of Equestria Girls that they're wrong, and Sunset isn't bi.

New Belle Eve art!
sta.sh

Gaming14

gaming14_by_musicfirewind_de5mhmg-pre.png

The-Butcher-X posted a set of new art, but I'll just post the most fabulous one

__human_pony_3____rework_2020__by_the_butcher_x_de5ntu8-pre.jpg

ray_of_sunshine_by_darksly_z_de5jz9a-pre.jpg

sunset_shimmer_day_2020_by_wanderingpegasus_de5lcod-pre.png

9-24-20 Twilight stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Your Lie in April - 17 - Twilight
2. Your Lie in April - 18 - Hearts Come Together
3. Glitch Techs - 205 - The New Recruit
4. DC Super Hero Girls - 20-21 - #DCSuperHeroBoys

Doubling up Your Lie in April worked out pretty well, especially since the first episode led right into the second. There was a nice piano performance and some good comedy. However, the joking but not joking suicide request upset some people in the stream.

Glitch Techs marked the return of Ridley and was pretty fun, though her deciding everyone was betraying her was a bit odd. It was a surprising turn to have Mitch decide to spare her.

DC Super Hero Girls was a story I streamed before, but it's still good. Unexpectedly, some Google sites started failing and this impacted the stream, but thankfully we could just watch it on Netflix and sync up timing.

~~~

I keep forgetting to check for these toy videos.
www.youtube.com

My Little Pony | The Rainbow Race | My Little Pony Toys | Toys for Kids

This is a relatively fun one. It features Rainbow with an eyepatch. Also, "PONY".

~~~

Forgot to post this earlier, but here's an Among Us animation that uses Pony voices from 15.ai

Bunch more Pinkie chainsaws in the replies

deviantart-Manella-Art-856190535.jpg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. My Little Pony G1 - 38-39 - Fugitive Flowers
2a. OK KO - 1 - Let's Be Heroes
2b. OK KO - 2 - Let's Be Friends!
4. Hilda - 4 - The Sparrow Scouts
5. Sailor Moon S - 90 - Premonition of the Apocalypse: The Mysterious New Guardians Appear
6. Sailor Moon S - 91 - The Rod of Love is Born: Usagi's New Transformation

No Fruits Basket dub episode came out, so we're both watching a G1 story and starting OK KO. This G1 episode is the first real Transformers crossover, since it features Peter Cullen playing a giant crab.

Trying Great Pretender again this.

And we're starting Sailor Moon S!

~~~

www.youtube.com

My Little Pony | Pinkie Pie's Birthday Surprise | MLP | My Little Pony Toys

They saw what happened last time, but they keep trying to throw Pinkie surprise parties. SMH.

~~~

Imalouイマル (@ImalouArt)
Today is my last day freelancing for the pony movie, I have learned a lot working on this project since I started 3 years ago. I've met so many talented people some became new friends, this team was definitly my second family ! I just can't wait now for it's release
4:58 AM · Sep 25, 2020

We knew from her Twitter bio that she was working at Boulder Media on a movie, and thus likely the MLP G5 movie, but now we have confirmation.

~~~

I read a bunch of fics, for the first time in a while.

www.fimfiction.net

Helia

You lose a lot over the course of your life, but one thing that lasts forever are the memories we make. I've learned a lot about making memories, and now I'm going to tell you my most precious one.
That was really sweet! You did a wonderful job with the warm and loving tone of the story.

www.fimfiction.net

Mystic Familiar

High in the air, Rainbow always felt free and unbound. But it was all the treasures of the earth that kept her coming back down to the ground.
This was a really sweet story, and it's interesting to see RariTwiDash from you.

www.fimfiction.net

Never The Right Time

Rarity and Sunset Shimmer love each other. Really, they do. It's just not a good time for them to be in a relationship right now.
Fantastic job with this story. I was happy things worked out in the end, even if it took literal decades and a car crash. Aside from Rarity and Sunset's interactions being perfect, I loved the worldbuilding details of the two worlds crossing over and how other characters are handling it.

www.fimfiction.net

Extradimensional Owl Quest

To stop a grave threat from unleashing havoc upon all the realms, an infamous rogue warlock, the king of demons, and a student of a lost arcane art must embark on an epic quest to the most dangerous part of Equestria. Well, dramatically speaking.
Completed
Great job on this story! Commenting on the previous chapter, you did a good job depicting the fight like it would be on The Owl House, and everyone played a part in it. Hopefully Perdition enjoys Earth. Loved the bits with Amity and Discord too.

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Two Canterlot elites wed for all the reasons aside from love, and their struggles to make their marriage work are only complicated when a daughter enters their lives.
Through chapter 2
This is the first Who We Become story I'm reading, and it's really good so far. You've done well defining the characters and showing how they could lead to, well, Sunset. I'll say too that this chapter went in a predictable direction once the bar was mentioned, but that's in the sense that the characters are fleshed out enough that one could tell what they're feeling and how they would act.

~~~

Cute little animation based on the Pinkie with a rainbow chainsaw image I posted before, and the song based on it. Not related to Cupcakes.

Ei2rpVhXYAMah3E.jpg%3Alarge

Ei3bxUVXcAQYr-f.jpg%3Alarge

Ei4WkNFWkAEYR5u.png%3Alarge

9-27-20 OK Pretender stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. #StayHome | #Vegecide 🌱 | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
1. My Little Pony G1 - 38-39 - Fugitive Flowers
*. #StressTest 📝| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
2a. OK KO - 1 - Let's Be Heroes
2b. OK KO - 2 - Let's Be Friends!
*. #Booked 📚| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
*. #ComicGone 💥| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
4. Hilda - 4 - The Sparrow Scouts
*. Toonami - Sailor Moon S Promo (1080p HD) - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon S - 90 - Premonition of the Apocalypse: The Mysterious New Guardians Appear
6. Sailor Moon S - 91 - The Rod of Love is Born: Usagi's New Transformation

The G1 story was pretty fun. Aside from the Peter Cullen crab cop, there was also Tress MacNeille playing a plant creature using more or less her Babs Bunny voice (before that role). It also had a lot of Posey, Fluttershy's precursor, and her oddly green eyes.

We started OK KO. These first episodes were less hectic than I remembered, and also more friendship focused. People seemed to enjoy it.

We started Great Pretender properly, and it had a fun first episode.

Hilda was another fun episode, and featured plant people children in danger of being mulched.

Sailor Moon S featured Ikuhara acting with more freedom and money. The monsters are more horny, there's a lot more twirling, and we're at the point where Tuxedo Mask starts living up to everyone's memories of him being useless; though he was still helpful in the second episode. The stuff with Rei and Usagi reminded me of how their rivalry was oddly absent in R, and it was nice to see again. People seemed to dig S a lot already.

~~~

New Aragon comic!
www.fimfiction.net

Because Twilight Sparkle Asked

Consider joining my Patreon if you like these comics; I spend a

Some samples
10.png

58.png

My comment
Another great comic! Loved the character interactions here, and how expressive the characters can be with just narrow eyes and changes to the mouth. Celestia's students just being able to call a nuke strike whenever goes a long way in explaining things. The serious-ish bits with the two Cadance-Shining pairs interacting were done well, too.

Appreciate the ships included here, too, with SciSet and RariTwi (plus canon Shindace... is that the ship name?).

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Song of the Sea

Next movie from the The Secret of Kells studio.

~~~

I read these fic updates
www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Two Canterlot elites wed for all the reasons aside from love, and their struggles to make their marriage work are only complicated when a daughter enters their lives.
Chapter 3
I was surprised to see that Golden broke up with Sunspot without having her affair found out, and that she was upfront about Sunset not being Brass's daughter. This was a rough chapter in a good way. Not looking forward to Sunset's childhood if this is how Golden views her as a baby.

If I have one complaint, it's that while the Sunset name choice was fine dramatically, I think it would have worked better to not spell out its significance to the reader.

www.fimfiction.net

FemmeFiction

Three high femmes try to find love. Two yellow dorks try to take their relationship to the next level. One confused changeling tries to discover herself. Zero common sense is exercised by anyone involved.
Chapter 6
This was a nice chapter. Starlight desperately trying to justify not asking out Trixie, Fluttershy unknowingly being gaudy even for a pride parade, and Ocellus's entire deal were all great. Now we see why she's so interested in sexuality, with her unfortunate reaction to Smolder. Good to see that Steven's helping her figure this out, though.

~~~

deviantart-stephu-art-856454979.jpg

aunt_twai_by_xjenn9_de5wxst-pre.jpg

mane_six_headcanons__2020__by_wanderingpegasus_de5tmx5-fullview.jpg

deviantart-LiaAqila-856342414.jpg

deviantart-Marenlicious-856330464.jpg

And art of Mane Six + Spike

9-29-20 Song of the Sea stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Song of the Seas

Visually, this was a big step up from The Secret of Kells, and the characters felt more fun and interesting. It was nice to see more Irish folklore, though they were largely just old men now. Also, no one turned into a baby while the universe was being reset or something.

~~~

Sunset Kotobukiya figure preorders are up!
www.kotous.com

MY LITTLE PONY SUNSET SHIMMER BISHOUJO STATUE

Princess Celestia’s former student, Sunset Shimmer, who fled Canterlot to pursue her own path will now be joining the MY LITTLE PONY BISHOUJO lineup!

~~~

redraw_sunset_shimmer_by_cofotory_de5tdzy-pre.jpg

mlp__fanart__princess_twilight_sparkle_by_stormcloud_yt_de5uut1-pre.jpg

derpibooru-2453993.jpg

deviantart-kimjoman-856566509.jpg

Short Among Us animatic

Important video

Nice remix
www.youtube.com

My Past is Not Today (Sawtooth Remix)

Out of the ashes, a new Sunset arises. Art in the thumbnail: https://www.deviantart.com/hiccupsdoesart/art/Like-the-Phoenix-burning-bright-523981664 Download...

Comic - Friendship is Magic #90
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Friendship is Magic #90
We finally get issue 2 of season 10!

The story starts with Zecora backstory, showing parallels between her and Twilight. On some level, it's disappointing that Zecora's unique characteristics aren't something that are actual parts of zebra culture, with rhyming being something she reads enhances magic spells and potion making something she was inspired to do after reading about Mage Meadowbrook. On the other hand, it's good that the zebras aren't "literally Zecora".
zecora_challenge_teacher.png

The issue focuses on introducing Zecora's relationship to the new characters, though only three of the five new characters are really defined. We also get some comic relief with the ponies accompanying Zecora, particularly Tempest being very conquest-focused. Also the comic forgets she can't use telekinesis.
large.png

The kelpies have some fun worldbuilding, and the two kelpie characters are more defined than the adaba characters.

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-23-59.png

It's established that zebras aren't magic, so it's a bit odd when Prince Abraxas shows up in a flash of light. What's his deal? Not considered a zebra in the same way that alicorns aren't unicorns?

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-35-08.png

Silver Quill's review is oddly harsh on Zecora's teacher for saying that zebras aren't magic in class, which I don't really get. He points out that Farasi is far more similar to Equestria than possibly makes sense, but he'll wait and see how it goes next chapter.

equestria_dark.png

Overall, good chapter.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Your Lie in April - 19 - Goodbye Hero
2. Your Lie in April - 20 - Hand in Hand
3. The Little Mermaid - 26 - Island of Fear
4. Captain N - 9 - Nightmare on Mother Brain's Street

Second half is Halloween stuff and we're getting the jank out of the way

~~~

deviantart-EmeraldBlast63-856610871.jpg

inked_up_unicorns__2__by_icey_wicey_1517_de607m3-pre.jpg

deviantart-TheRETROart88-856612011.jpg

peek_a_booo__by_auroriia_de60mw7-pre.jpg

10-1-20 Island of Fear stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Late stream followup, we watched
1. Your Lie in April - 19 - Goodbye Hero
2. Your Lie in April - 20 - Hand in Hand
3. The Little Mermaid - 26 - Island of Fear
4. Captain N - 9 - Nightmare on Mother Brain's Street

Your Lie in April is setting up for the ending, and the last episode ended on a pretty dour note. Hopefully things turn out well next week.

And after that, we began our Halloween episodes! The Little Mermaid started slow, but then we got to a mad scientist's castle and CRAB EXPERIMENTS. Sebastian's VA is good at screaming.

Tell me, given that TLM the Series takes place before the movie, and Ariel saw this man, do you think it makes canonical sense that she'd want to become human?
vlcsnap-2020-10-01-19h24m50s182.png

All the voices are the same between the movie and show with the exceptions of Scuttle and Flounder. Flounder was voiced by an actual kid in the movie, and he isn't in the show, but even beyond that, they went with an unexpectedly deep voice for him.

Captain N was more a sampler of the show than a particularly Halloween-themed or silly episode, showing off how dumb the show is in general. Simon Belmont is a selfish blowhard scaredy-cat, and Mega Man and Pit are stupidly weak. Also there are random Mario sounds everywhere. It wasn't as bizarrely entertaining as the The Little Mermaid episode, but still fun.

~~~

www.forbes.com

Exclusive: Renegade Game Studios Extends Partnership With Hasbro

In an exclusive interview, the President and Publisher of Renegade Games Studio discusses their newly announced partnership with Hasbro to produce new card and role playing games for the GI Joe. My Little Pony, Power Rangers and Transformers brands.
Today, Renegade Game Studios announced an extension to its partnership with Hasbro to produce games for the hobby market. In addition to more games featuring the Power Rangers brand, Renegade will produce card and roleplaying games for Transformers, My Little Pony and G.I. Joe brands.

Did the previous MLP card game officially end? Though I suppose it's ambiguous what MLP is getting.

~~~

Nice animation

Fun video; Appul Adventure 1 is a bit dull, IMO

Translated upload of a Chinese animation from 2016, using a Japanese song

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. FiM - 204 - Luna Eclipsed
2a. OK KO - 3 - You're Everybody's Sidekick
2b. OK KO - 4 - We Messed Up
3. Great Pretender - 2 - CASE1_2: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 5 - The Troll Rock
5. Sailor Moon S - 92 - A Handsome Boy? Haruka Tenoh's Secret
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 1 - A New Platinum Princess Candidate

Giving the Fruits Basket dub a bit more space. Starting Petite Princess Yucie again, after over two years!

~~~

www.youtube.com

My Little Pony 💖 NEW 💖 Twilight Sparkle's Crazy Shrinking Potion | My Little Pony Toys

Twilight Sparkle's Unpredictable Potion 👀Watch more Pony Life episodes: https://bit.ly/MorePonyLife ❤️ Subscribe to the My Little Pony Channel: http://bit.ly...

This is a real WTF one. Seriously, check it out!

~~~

screebs.tumblr.com

Screebs

shes really cute
62d865aba435450c1d8dd79b3152d52dfe4a3361.png

deviantart-PucksterV-856840188.jpg

deviantart-InuHoshi-to-DarkPen-856855212.jpg

deviantart-a-lunar-eclipse-856870219.jpg

10-4-20 Yucie returns stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Theme Song (Horror Version) 😱 - YouTube
1. FiM - 204 - Luna Eclipsed
*. My Little Pony 💖 NEW 💖 Twilight Sparkle's Crazy Shrinking Potion | My Little Pony Toys - YouTube
2a. OK KO - 3 - You're Everybody's Sidekick
2b. OK KO - 4 - We Messed Up
*. Spooky Night - YouTube
3. Great Pretender - 2 - CASE1_2: Los Angeles Connection
*. spook - YouTube
4. Hilda - 5 - The Troll Rock
*. Pony Busters (2016) Trailer - Ghost Busters My Little Pony Parody - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon S - 92 - A Handsome Boy? Haruka Tenoh's Secret
*. My Little Pony's Defbed (feat. Unico) - YouTube
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 1 - A New Platinum Princess Candidate

Bringing back Friendship is Magic for the spooks! There were a lot of small details about "Luna Eclipsed" that I had forgotten, including a lot of the costumes and Luna not knowing what fun is. It's still a fun episode.

OK KO had two really good episodes, the second especially, with tons of great Mr. Gar gags. It also begins the running gag of Cowboy Bebop style vague flashbacks.

Great Pretender was more character introduction and set up. Nothing much to say, but it's been enjoyable. Cat ending is still great.

Hilda was good. One really wonders about Trollburg's defenses if a troll got in so easily.

Sailor Moon S featured the proper introduction of the cousins lovers Haruka and Michiru, and our first proper view of the totally unrelated Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune. Usagi and Minako bounced off each other really well here, though they ended up acting in very similar ways. Also, there's a freaking car monster that lowers her windshield to show her boobs (and her energy-draining star), and they fling a motorcycle into her.

We watched this Yucie episode before, but I remembered basically nothing about it. The dub was pretty weak, and the story was alright.

~~~

trixie_by_spacekitsch_de69qnu-pre.jpg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream announcement, for our first Halloween movie, we're watching
1. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

The Wallace and Gromit movie!

~~~

10-6-20 The Curse of the Were-Rabbit stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

I hadn't seen this movie since it came out, and it's still fun. However, I think it's ultimately on the weaker end for Wallace and Gromit stories. The twist of Wallace being the Were-Rabbit was so obvious that the fact that characters didn't see it right away was a bigger twist.

Back when this movie came out, my family chose between this and and The Corpse Bride and went with this to watch in theaters. I still haven't seen The Corpse Bride, so I'll make that next week's movie.

Comic - My Little Pony / Transformers #3
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
My Little Pony / Transformers #3
Issue three is here, and it's the best yet, I think. Mainly due to the hilarious and adorable concept of Fluttershy treating Soundwave's cassette animals as actual animals.

it_has_pets.png

Discord is here too, bringing some nonsense. On some level, I'm not a fan of including him here, since he destroys any sense that Fluttershy could be in real trouble. However, he does have some good gags, including Soundwave reacting to him.

Screenshot_2020-10-07-17-02-45.png

The art here is pretty good, and succeeds in making Fluttershy really cute.

message_boards.png

The second story was Rainbow and Windblade having a race, only to be interrupted by a bunch of Starscream clones (seeming to rub in that Starstream himself doesn't encounter Rainbow). It was odd that Rainbow would be the one to have a trick to avoid missiles and redirect them back to the attackers, but it was nice. It felt like there was a lot less to it than the Fluttershy part, though.

misfire_rainmakers_aim.png

Silver Quill's review reminds me of how the character I knew as Rumble is referred to as Frenzy here, which apparently has been a thing since the original toys. For the second story, I forgot that the first issue already showed Windblade encountering Rainbow, which is a story beat that's clearly been abandoned. Reading about the characterization changes for Windblade and even Misfire, I can definitely say the second story is on the weak end. However, it's still fairly fun. Also, the horse Transformers that cameo at the start of the race are from the Beast Wars and Beast Wars Neo toylines.

start_line.png

Overall, definitely worth checking out, if only for the first story.

~~~

1. Your Lie in April - 21 - Snow
2. Your Lie in April - 22 (END) - Spring Breeze
3. Underfist (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy special)

Finishing off Your Lie in April, and watching another Halloween story.

~~~

Forgot to post this news earlier
www.equestriadaily.com

"My Little Pony Live" Musical Official Soundtrack Demo

soundcloud.com

My Little Pony (Demo)

Hasbro, Inc. and Mills Entertainment have partnered for My Little Pony Live, the first-ever original touring production in North America for the long-running My Little Pony brand. The new musical will

I forgot there was supposed to be a stage musical this year. It was meant to start in March, but we all know how that turned out.

They aren't Tony-winners, but the three songs included here are fun.

~~~

New Gameloft game update has Starlight dressing up as her partners friends.
Screenshot_20201007-015102_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015119_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015132_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015111_My_Little_Pony.jpg

~~~

deviantart-Riouku-857413768.jpg

When you realize what it's referencing

Using a South Park movie song
youtu.be

What Would Brian Boitano Do? - South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (7/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut movie clips: http://j.mp/1BcYIDR BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/uMNCTO Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u...

G5 info from Festival of Licensing
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
news.tfw2005.com

TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Brand Panel At Festival Of Licensing

Moments ago, Hasbro held a live panel at Festival Of Licensing and the news team from TFW2005 attended the panel to learn what Hasbro has in store for 2021 and beyond. The panel was mostly about their entertainment prospects for the future. You can check out a summary below and check out the...

We have some G5 info! Though not nearly as much as I expected. Equestria Daily covered this too, but their article was really jank.

My Little Pony
So many announcements for the upcoming CGI movie and the upcoming series. It was hard to keep up. The series titled as Pony Life already has Season 2 greenlighted by Hasbro.

Pony Life
  • Pony Life will feature the same voice actors from Friendship Is Magic.
  • Looks at the funny side of friendship. More humor, and relatable stories for a brand new generation.
  • Pony Life will debut this month. [Pony Life is still not considered to have officially started, since it hasn't aired in the US]
CGI Movie
  • New generation of ponies to new generation of fans.
  • Brand new cast.
  • Old cast (Mane 6?) will be featured but the majority of the focus will be on the new characters.
  • A new ensemble of cast means exciting new products.
  • Toys are innovative and stays true to the DNA of the characters.
  • Working with a powerhouse like Paramount was incredible.
  • eOne editorial team is also working on the movie.
  • Movie releasing September 24th, 2021.
So yeah, it's hard to say what's going on. Maybe it'll start in the FiM universe but then the leads get sucked into the multiverse? Making it My Little Pony: Voyager basically. Or it could be that by "old cast", they mean the G4 VAs return for minor roles. Suffice it to say, the 2017 leaks are pretty much useless as references now.

10-8-20 Your Lie in April end stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Your Lie in April - 21 - Snow
2. Your Lie in April - 22 (END) - Spring Breeze
3. Underfist

Your Lie in April was a fine show overall, but I definitely felt it lost its way a bit after resolving Kosei's issues with his mother. It kind of felt like the story was just about waiting for Kaori to die and it was buying time until then. The lie in the title also felt underwhelming, that "Kaori likes Ryota" and the truth was that she always liked Kosei. Given her stated goal of living her life after learning she was going to die, it felt odd that pretending to love someone else would be her course of action.

Underfist was a real mixed bag. There were some great gags and nice moments, but it was too many characters, not enough story. Fred Fredburger especially was a hugely annoying character, and I could have gone without the spider too. The need for specific comic relief characters in stories where everyone's comedic always felt weird. The best parts were really just the parts with Billy and Mandy themselves, which undermines this as a potential spinoff, I feel. Well, not that it had a chance in the Live Action Cartoon Network era.

~~~

Keeping track of other MLP threads, as always. It's FiM's tenth anniversary!
www.resetera.com

10 years ago, a lesson in friendship "Sparkled" a Magical Equestrian Phenomenon! (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

I never imagined how the power of friendship, which can be the key to saving a world of small colorful talking horses, would attract well beyond its intended demographic, and explode in such massive popularity as one of The Hub Network/DIscovery Family's leading programs. Once a college...

~~~

And a bunch more art I posted on Discord over the past couple days.

Twilight-focused PMV
www.youtube.com

[PMV] In My Eyes

Hello guys! It's me again! This time I bring you guys a new PMV but made by my friend PremiereMouse. This is his first pmv,and as you can see,it's already ex...

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. FiM - 110 - Swarm of the Century
2. FiM - 309 - Spike At Your Service
3. FiM - 414 - Filli Vanilli
4. FiM - 516 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark
5. FiM - 723 - Secrets and Pies
6. FiM - 819 - On the Road to Friendship
7. FiM - 926 - The Last Problem

For the 10th anniversary, we can splurge on a seventh episode. "Spike At Your Service" included to remind the viewers that sin exists.

~~~

I pumped out a quick fic for the 10th anniversary
www.fimfiction.net

Equestria Girls: The True Story

We all know the story of Equestria Girls, but did you really think Twilight Sparkle went the whole movie without thirsting for Sunset and calling her senpai? Did you really believe that? You fool!

And I read these stories

www.fimfiction.net

An Empty Bliss Beyond This World

"You know," Sugar Belle began, looking into her son's eyes, "One of these days I'm not gonna wake up when you shake me."
This was a really sweet story. Though wow, I must be an idiot, because I didn't see anything about dementia in this story, even looking over it again. It is just the bit where Sterling says it's Sugar's birthday?

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Chapter 4
He nodded back, content that she understood that everything he did, it was all for her benefit.

Narrator: She didn't understand.

Good chapter, though wow, this covered a big stretch of time. It feels a bit odd that nothing really changed in Brass and Golden's relationship for 17 years, even after Sunset left the house. It's sad to see how broken Golden became.

Also woah, Celestia with the spies.

www.fimfiction.net

What is Lacking Cannot Be Counted

Rarity disappeared years ago. Rainbow never did know why, and one day she decides to do something about it.
This was a really good story, demonstrating how sometimes things just don't go well as you grow older and friendships fall apart and you fall into ennui. It was sad seeing the state Rarity fell into, but the way you described it made it make a lot of sense. I noticed some timeline details meant this can't fit into series continuity (Rainbow telling Rarity that Twilight's fully in charge like she wasn't there for that), which allowed you leeway in how character relationships formed, and fell apart, in a way that still felt realistic for them, even if on the pessimistic end.

I admit I too wondered if there was something magic about the statues, though I wondered if Rarity was actually turning ponies to stone.

www.fimfiction.net

Cross My Heart And Hope To Fly

Twilight indulges Rarity in a silly superstition, and learns to believe in fairy tales.
This was really cute! I didn't expect Rarity's action at the end, but it's perfectly Rarity.

www.fimfiction.net

Topology

Open sets and open kisses.
This was a really cute story! And we could always use more math romance.

~~~

Nice CMC PMV
www.youtube.com

CMC Tribute | PMV Collab

Hi, thanks for watching this video. Most likely this is my last collaboration. I won't be here for exactly a year. I would really like you not to unsubscribe...

10-11-20 FiM 10th Anniversary stream; Chat - Fluttermoon
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. FiM - 110 - Swarm of the Century
2. FiM - 309 - Spike At Your Service
3. FiM - 414 - Filli Vanilli
4. FiM - 518 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark
5. FiM - 819 - On the Road to Friendship
6. FiM - 723 - Secrets and Pies
7. FiM - 926 - The Last Problem

Had to rearrange things after some difficulties with "Secrets and Pies".

Not too much to say here, really. The good episodes were still good. "Spike At Your Service" was more mediocre, as opposed to outright bad, than I remembered. It was a good stream.

~~~

We had a chat story the other day! It's been a while.
docs.google.com

October 9, 2020 Fluttermoon

Xzeon10/09/2020 https://www.resetera.com/threads/10-years-ago-a-lesson-in-friendship-sparkled-a-magical-equestrian-phenomenom-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.303704/ ResetEra 10 years ago, a lesson in friendship "Sparkled" a Magical Equestria... I never imagined how the power of friendship, wh...

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

M.A. Larson Did a Q&A On 4chan, Revealing Cancelled Scripts, Early Show Discussion, and More!

It's pretty gross that Larson is still posting on 4chan, but there's some interesting stuff here. Most notable are script samples from the Legally Blonde parody that would go on to be replaced by "Rarity Investigates", and a story premise that would have explained Applejack's parents in a different way. Well, her mother at least. No mention of her father. Seeing a satyr would have been interesting, but "The Perfect Pear" seems better than this story. Plus, explaining Big Mac's size like this is weird when there were background ponies that used his model right from episode 1.

~~~

New ForgaLorga! This is a relaxed one even for these animations.

Nice remix

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Corpse Bride

The Tim Burton stop motion film that's actually directed by Tim Burton!

~~~

I've read the following
www.fimfiction.net

Unending Love

After trials and heartache, Firefly, undercover changeling love collector and wife, received a wonderful and joyous gift. But what will happen when the inevitable fallout of the failed Canterlot invasion reaches her home?
Chapter 6
Great job on the chapter! I suspect that Refined Aura knows Sweet Leaf is a changeling, and fudged her findings to hide this. Hopefully we don't get another interrogation for a while, lol.

www.fimfiction.net

Transitioning Love

When Yona invites Sandbar to a Yakyakistan festival, Sandbar's past history experiencing transphobia rears its ugly head. Can he win against his own intrusive thoughts and enjoy his Hearth's Warming with the yak he loves?
Nice fic that got downvoters triggered
Great job with this story! It was really sweet, and Sandbar and Yona were written well (same with the bits of the other canon characters we saw). Though I'm cis, I could connect with Sandbar's anxiety that everyone knew his secret. As others have mentioned, I've read a lot of stories about trans characters on this site, but this is the first one I've seen to also make them gender non-conforming.

~~~

Big FlutterDash comic that's cute af
de6ribi-60b9ff5b-c03e-486a-be4e-a88422e82477.jpg

deviantart-nendo23-857878159.jpg

ponett.tumblr.com

ponett town

today's the 10th anniversary of mlp:fim. i cannot even begin to imagine how different my life would be if i never got into this show and started making fanart in high school. it was the first time i...
b74b0d3205263375b5af15b50135afab6912c83a.png

friendship_forever_by_mistercrowbar_de6nilk-pre.jpg

rarisuit_by_imalou_de6ptnk-pre.jpg

deviantart-WanderingPegasus-857811383.jpg

deviantart-Imalou-857809395.jpg

happy_10_years__by_scarlet_spectrum_de6o0i0-pre.jpg

deviantart-Wacky-Skiff-857662152.jpg

deviantart-belka-sempai-857683325.jpg

Nice cover

10-13-20 Corpse Bride stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Corpse Bride

This was a nicely animated film with an interesting premise, but it felt oddly uninterested in really exploring it much. There isn't much worldbuilding, and the characters are very plain, with much of their interactions being them simply failing to communicate. The songs were incredibly forgettable, feeling like budget The Nightmare Before Christmas songs at best. It was also quite uneventful, and I felt I could look away for minutes and not really miss anything. It isn't a bad film, per say, but nothing remarkable.

I mentioned that when this was in theaters, my family chose to watch Curse of the Were-Rabbit instead, and I think that was the right choice.

~~~

Nice remix
www.youtube.com

Being Big Is All It Takes (Faulty Remix)

Oh man 10 years of pony, time really does fly when you're having fun doesn't it... but you know what, if i could go back 9 years when i found this fandom i w...

Good group cover. This is one of those videos where a bunch of people sing a song one line at a time.
www.youtube.com

The Magic of Friendship Grows Around the World (Music Video)

On October 12, 2019, the final season of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"ended with an epilogue episode named "The Last Problem" where the Mane Six are ...

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 1 - The Beginning
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 2 - The Secret
3. The Scariest Story Ever - A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular!
4. Hey Arnold - 207 - Arnold's Halloween

Yup, the "cute anime characters cutting each other with bloody knives while laughing like this" show.
tenor.gif

The first four episodes form a standalone-ish arc, so we'll watch that this month.

~~~

New Hello Pinkie Pie! I thought this one was fun.

10-15-20 Scariest stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 1 - The Beginning
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 2 - The Secret
3. The Scariest Story Ever - A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular!
4. Hey Arnold - 207 - Arnold's Halloween

Higurashi seemed to be a pretty fun group watch, probably better in person when you could all go, "Ohhh!" when there are moments like Keiichi joking about finding a body in the junkyard and the photographer says, "Yeah, they never did find the arm," and Keiichi goes, "Wait, what?"

I knew the start of the show would have cutesy moe stuff, but I was surprised they didn't go straight into the killer anime girls stuff by the end of the first episode, or even the end of the second. Instead, they're building up the mystery a lot. Fewer lols than expected, but more Colonel Sanders.

It does feel contrived that this police officer would specifically go to a schoolkid like Keiichi, but whatever.

The other two shows were a lot of fun. There was some gruesome imagery in the Mickey Mouse special that I really didn't expect. For the Hey Arnold episode, everyone generally agreed that Helga's dad would be a Trump voter and militia member now.

~~~

I've read these fics
www.fimfiction.net

Spectral

The Starswirl the Bearded Wing is burning, taking with it Equestria's most powerful spells and any hope of hiding Princess Twilight Sparkle's greatest secret.
Chapter 2
This was an interesting chapter. It's still unclear what this is leading to on the mystery side, but now we see why the fic's called Spectral. It's interesting to depict Twilight as on the autism spectrum but absolutely unwilling to admit it, or admit that she could do things to make her life easier.

I'm unclear, so enough time has passed that Twilight's friends are dead, but not enough for Moondancer, Starlight, and Sunset to pass? Or are the other Mane Six not dead?

Twilight mentioning Guardian Angel having served her time is definitely another hint that this is Cozy Glow.

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Chapter 5
Good chapter, though I of course had no context for the things covered in other fics. Sunset throwing a cake at Golden seems rude, but I imagine there was an explanation in the fic that comes from. It's taking them a really long time, but it's nice to see that Brass is figuring things out. I was going to mention how we haven't seen Golden's perspective, but I saw your comment above indicating that we'd get it next chapter (which is also why I'm posting this comment here first).

~~~

New Gameloft Starlight outfits!

Leading to art

And another cute Starlight
EkSIlxwU4AAgLx2.jpg%3Alarge

EkTMqXvUcAAVUTk.png%3Alarge

And RariTwi
EkZkYc5XgAA8eZs.jpg%3Alarge

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. My Little Pony G1 - 11-12 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 1-2
2a. OK KO - 5 - Jethro's All Yours
2b. OK KO - 6 - You're Level 100!
3. Great Pretender - 3 - CASE1_3: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 6 - The Nightmare Spirit
5. Sailor Moon S - 93 - Usagi's Idol: The Graceful Genius Michiru
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 2 - A Rival? Yucie Goes to School

Plus maybe something else after.

~~~

Nice remix

10-18-20 The Ghost of Paradise Estate stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. My Little Pony G1 - 11-12 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 1-2
2a. OK KO - 5 - Jethro's All Yours
2b. OK KO - 6 - You're Level 100!
3. Great Pretender - 3 - CASE1_3: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 6 - The Nightmare Spirit
5. Sailor Moon S - 93 - Usagi's Idol: The Graceful Genius Michiru
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 2 - A Rival? Yucie Goes to School

The G1 story went some crazy places. Started off with a ghost that had a song where every line ended with "ooo", then it turned out the ghost was really a shapeshifting bird, then it turned out that bird was working for an immortal octopus, then the bird turned into a mirror and burned down the ponies' home.

OK KO was fun, introducing best goomba Jethro and demonstrating a Unite Fist.

Great Pretender got pretty stressful, with things seeming to spiral out of control, but I assume we'll see the real plan next episode.

Hilda was an episode we streamed before, and it's still good. I had forgotten a lot of what happened.

Sailor Moon was good, and these monsters of the week keep getting crazier. I was kind of surprised to see an episode about Usagi and Mamoru's relationship, and with it presented in a good way.

The second Yucie episode was much more entertaining than the first, mainly due to the rival in question. Who also magically looks younger than she actually is.

~~~

1. Coraline

~~~

deviantart-AndeKanata-857301955.jpg

Ekt6JlcX0AIiAWC.jpg%3Alarge

EkeFXsCWAAIe0h5.jpg%3Alarge

EkfT4U1VMAERiHA.jpg%3Alarge

EkjtlONUcAAuT1O.jpg%3Alarge

Ekm7WmMXIAAziUa.jpg%3Alarge

Eknda5GXIAM29YZ.jpg%3Alarge

EkkURvfUUAEBnQM.jpg%3Alarge

Some cuteness
www.youtube.com

Cute ponies for when you have anxiety [Bilibili repost see desc]

Don't worry, be happy.Cute ponies for when you have anxiety. 127 seconds of pure pony content.----Subscribe for weekly (or more) uploads from within the Chin...

Amazing PMV, must watch. Also starts with an arrangement from Your Lie in April

10-20-20 Coraline stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Coraline

Still a good movie with great stop motion animation. The addition of Wybie is still awkward, though. The bit with fetching the three ghosts felt oddly gamey.

~~~

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 3 - Suspicion
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 4 - Disturbance
3. Amphibia - 211 - The Shut-In!
4. The Great Bear Scare

Ending the stream with some nostalgic jank

~~~

I've read the following.

www.fimfiction.net

In Colour

Blindness, contrary to what Rainbow had always imagined, was not like being in a dark room.
Another great "pony gets old and dies" story from you, Seer! That sounds facetious, but all of these have been really good. I especially love the way you presented the colors here.

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Chapter 6 (END)
This was a good ending to the story. Like the others, I didn't expect an amicable divorce, Going to meet Sunspot also turned out way better than I expected. I didn't recognize Sunburst's dad's fan name, but I figured he'd be Sunburst's dad once it was mentioned he moved to Sire's Hollow.

Alas, this is probably the point where I jump off the Who We Become train. Got too big a backlog to commit to an ongoing long running series.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Welcome to the Show Breaks 300 Million Views on Youtube - The Most Viewed Pony Song

And that's just one upload of it. I think the initial million milestones were from a combination of the song's actual quality, and it semi-arbitrarily getting pushed by YouTube's recommendation system. The recommendation system doesn't really apply anymore, after the changes to videos targeted at kids, but videos that already have tons of views naturally tend to get more views.

~~~

Pony cover of the Doki Doki Literature Club song
www.youtube.com

Doki Doki Forever - MLP Version - Month of Macabre

#mylittlepony #mlp #dokidokliteratureclub #grimdark #DDLC TADAAAAAA It's finally here, after a year of working on all the vectors for all the ponies, the col...

We've been seeing a ton of short hair art thanks to these tweets and others by this uploader

Art:

And other art
EkzOPKDXUAEDSHz.jpg%3Alarge

Ek4MdMwVkAE8LYU.jpg%3Alarge

Ekt1WUkUcAERwds.jpg%3Alarge

Ektj_ipUYAA9UPP.jpg%3Alarge

Fantastic comic

First panel
EkeN1r-XEAQNWrX.jpg%3Alarge

10-22-20 The Great Bear Scare stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 3 - Suspicion
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 4 - Disturbance
3. Amphibia - 211 - The Shut-In!
4. The Great Bear Scare

Well, that was a short series. But seriously, that was a fun thriller, and it seems like people are interested enough to continue, so it'll be part of the regular stream. At the start to make it easy to skip.

This was my first streaming of an Amphibia episode, and it seemed to go over well.

Lastly, some 80's jank that couldn't even afford inbetween frames. I'm reminded of when Nostalgia Critic covered this and he somehow couldn't comprehend that the fades in and out weren't literally being drawn by them. Anyway, it was some mild fun with some incredibly incompetent monsters. There was one gag I actually did like, though. A bunch of monsters walk out of a tent for several seconds, and then the tent itself follows after them.

I'm thinking the next Tuesday and next Thursday stream will both be movies. Then on November 5, both Higurashi and season 3 of Kipo will join the normal schedule.

~~~

January 2021 comic solicitation
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
www.equestriadaily.com

(Season 10 Comic!) My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #94 Revealed - Writer, Synopsis, and Artist

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #94—Season 10 Episode 4
Thomas Zahler (w) • Toni "Pencils" Kuusisto (a & CVR A) • Brianna "BriannaCherry" Garcia (CVR B) • Muffy Levy (1:10 RI CVR)
MLP_FiM_94_CVR_A.jpg
MLP_FiM_94_CVR_B.jpg
MLP_FiM_94_1-10_RI_CVR.jpg

Twilight Sparkle is throwing the first Festival of the Two Sisters since Celestia and Luna left-and she calls in the best party planner she knows to help: Pinkie Pie! So, of course, Pinkie reaches out to the best party planner she knows: Cheese Sandwich! Could that be... romance in the air? But wait-who turned off the sound?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LCS Order Due Date: November 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: January 06th, 2021

Canon shipping incoming! And drawn by Pencils!

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. My Little Pony G1 - 13-14 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 3-4
2a. OK KO - 7 - I Am Dendy
2b. OK KO - 8 - Sibling Rivalry
3. Great Pretender - 4 - CASE1_4: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 7 - The Lost Clan
5. Sailor Moon S - 94 - Protect the Pure Heart: The Three-Way Battle
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 3 - Exciting First Job

OK KO will be introducing two of my favorite characters in the show

~~~

I've read this fic
www.fimfiction.net

Mirror Match Inc.

Mirror Match Inc. is the leading provider of human/pony interactions. When you really want to get to know yourself, we can help! (Please don't tell Sunset Shimmer we're doing this.)

Since the short description doesn't cut to the chase,
Sugarcoat has a plan: she'll deal with the ennui and anxiety of her impending high school graduation by finding her pony counterpart and making out with her.

Sugarcoat suspects this is not a very good plan, but it's the best she can think of at the moment.

On top of that, this is actually a case of an eyecatching description for what's really a character piece.

This was a great story! I see you're following Aragon's advice about an eyecatching description for what's actually a character analysis story. This was a great look at Sugarcoat's character and how they deal with graduation blues, and as always, the side bits with other characters were fantastic too.

~~~

Cute storyboard

10-25-20 Nightmare Night stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. ...What Friendship Could Be (PMV) - YouTube
1. My Little Pony G1 - 13-14 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 3-4
*. What's This Storyboard (its never getting finished lol) - YouTube
2a. OK KO - 7 - I Am Dendy
2b. OK KO - 8 - Sibling Rivalry
*. "The SCARIEST Costume" MLP Animatic Song - YouTube
3. Great Pretender - 4 - CASE1_4: Los Angeles Connection
*. Your nightmare - YouTube
4. Hilda - 7 - The Lost Clan
*. My Little Pony in the Sims - Octavia's Nightmare Night - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon S - 94 - Protect the Pure Heart: The Three-Way Battle
*. [MLP Comic Dub] Nightmare Nighting (comedy) - MONTH OF MACABRE - YouTube
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 3 - Exciting First Job
*. Nightmare Night [SFM] - YouTube

People were slow to join, even after the super long starting PMV, but we got the full crew eventually.

The second half of this G1 story lacked the horror themes of the first, alas, but we did get the most bizarre transformation I've ever seen, of two birds merging into a two-bird-headed buzzsaw. Also had Meghan coldly watching as the villain is sucked into a whirlpool.

OK KO introduced two of my favorite characters in the show, Dendy and Raymond. I forgot just how sports-focused Raymond was in his intro. Dendy was also way more friendly in her intro than I remembered. People in the stream seemed to like them too.

Great Pretender was alright; it seemed like it was stalling the story a bit. The arc ends next episode.

Hilda was a fun episode. And it had a lot of animals.

Sailor Moon was really good, and had a crazy monster design.
vlcsnap-2020-10-25-16h31m19s062.png

Seriously, vacuum tubes attached to her boobs.

With this Yucie episode, I've been the farthest away from episode one I've ever been. It was fun.

~~~

Cute animation
www.youtube.com

Practice what you Preach (MLP Animation)

Changelings are notorious for transforming into anything or anyone. Some are also notorious for mimicry and hypocrisy. This was originally a comic strip I ma...

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream announcement, we're watching... well, actually, someone else is handling this stream, so I don't know what we're watching.

~~~

I've read this (and the prequel)
www.fimfiction.net

Five Colors

Twilight plays a game to pass the time before her last shot at returning home.
Finally got around to reading this. Well, didn't expect Five Colors to be a "Twilight in the human world and humans suck" story, but it was good. Read a bit then read the first story then finished it. You did well connecting the philosophies of Magic to Twilight's emotional dilemma.

I will say I was confused by the decks he found. Jackal Pup in a 2019 deck? But messing around with cards you own is enough reason to make that the decks.

10-27-20 Let's Get Dangerous stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. 2020 (A 1917 Parody) - YouTube
2. DuckTales (2017) - 312 - Let's Get Dangerous

The intended surprise stream didn't work out, so instead we watched things that are on YouTube.

2020 is a fun and well-made video, though some of the gags are a bit forced.

For the DuckTales airing, we had a couple people who hadn't been watching the new show, and some people who hadn't watched Darkwing Duck, so that was interesting. I still am not a huge fan of this episode (see my review in the DuckTales thread), but it was enjoyable enough.

~~~

(RIP Twilight)

deviantart-Shimazun-859156619.jpg

deviantart-tyuubatu-859140065.jpg

deviantart-Haden-2375-859067696.jpg

deviantart-pfeffarooart-859282066.jpg

www.pixiv.net

☆ by くずゆ
85226098_p0_master1200.png

friendship_is_owl_house___commission___deltasierra_by_mdragonflame_de7da9p-pre.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Halloweentown II - Kalabar's Revenge

We streamed the first last year, and this one's a weird one.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

New Sunset Shimmer and Cadance Pony Life Figures Teased

1.jpg

Without multicolored hair, they don't look right. It's weird because other toys do have multicolored hair.

~~~

deviantart-mr-tiaa-859426695.jpg

unknown.png

Of course we are friends!

Also, Slipknot came out as anti-Trump, so this is still good to watch.

10-29-20 Halloweentown II stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. Halloweentown II - Kalabar's Revenge

This was a fun dumb movie, with bad computer effects that the movie was way too proud of, a revenge that didn't actually involve Kalabar, and casual time travel. Practical costumes and effects were actually pretty good. I hadn't seen this before, as it came out right after I transitioned away from Disney Channel.

During the party in the movie, there was a dumb Halloween themed boy band song in the background that I tried to listen to. Thankfully, it was the ending credits song.

~~~

natural_beauty_v3_by_kathana_da_de7rnql-pre.jpg

deviantart-Marenlicious-859586944.jpg

Weird Sunset design, but it's based on her old doll

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. MLP G1 - 16-17 - The Glass Princess part 1-2
2a. OK KO - 9 - You Get Me
2b. OK KO - 10 - Do You Have Any More in the Back?
3. Great Pretender - 5 - CASE1_5: Los Angeles Connection
4. Hilda - 8 - The Tide Mice
5. Sailor Moon S - 95 - Let Moon Help with Your Love Problems
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 4 - What'll I Do?! Hairball Panic

First episode is about a self-obsessed pig who wants to turn everything into glass so she can look at herself forever. Thought it would be appropriate. In Great Pretender, we're finishing our first arc. This is also an opportunity to jump off the show if people are losing interest.

~~~

Published a Halloween fanfic!
www.fimfiction.net

Trick and Treat: Pinkie Pie's Terrifying Tales

Pinkie tells the true story of what happened to the School of Friendship's students last Nightmare Night, and the strange encounter they had.

~~~

happy_halloween_by_iojknmiojknm_de7vq0l-fullview.png

dstears.tumblr.com

It's something

Bewitching Miss Lulamoon Happy Trixie Day / Nightmare Night / All Hallows Eve everyone! (Outfit is based on the Bewitching Miss Fortune skin from League of Legends)
b7d7618fa2b830ab8a197a257e7b3ec7b34ff007.jpg

racoonkun.tumblr.com

Racoon-kun

1b864d9aed9a61f437f0da8c86b25f2a72967d64.jpg

deviantart-ChaosAngelDesu-859792046.jpg

Nice video, and nostalgic

11-1-20 The Glass Princess stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*. Bakemonogatari ending, re-imagined as Equestria Girls - YouTube
1. MLP G1 - 16-17 - The Glass Princess part 1-2
*. Practice what you Preach (MLP Animation) - YouTube
2a. OK KO - 9 - You Get Me
2b. OK KO - 10 - Do You Have Any More in the Back?
*. Cute ponies for when you have anxiety - YouTube
3. Great Pretender - 5 - CASE1_5: Los Angeles Connection
*. The Magic of Friendship Grows Around the World (Music Video) - YouTube
4. Hilda - 8 - The Tide Mice
*. CMC Tribute | PMV Collab - YouTube
5. Sailor Moon S - 95 - Let Moon Help with Your Love Problems
*. [PMV] In My Eyes - YouTube
6. Petite Princess Yucie - 4 - What'll I Do?! Hairball Panic

The G1 story actually had notably weaker animation than the other episodes we watched, which was a bit surprising, since it didn't normally have good animation in the first place. There were some fun bits toward the end, but it was largely mediocre.

OK KO had a really good set of episodes. Wallace Shawn, who played Vizzini in The Princess Bride, guest stars in the first episode, and is great in it. Plus his character, Wally the White, has a good leitmotif.

We ended the first arc of Great Pretender, and as expected, there were a lot more people in on it than we were led to believe (unless you watched a grifting movie before). People enjoy the show well enough, though, so we're continuing.

Hilda was a lot of fun, as expected by an adorable young girl committing horrific witchcraft and stealing souls.

Sailor Moon was great, and Usagi was especially funny this episode. It's really interesting seeing how much of a difference the new dub is making to my impression of her. Give her a cute laugh instead of an annoying one and she comes off as charmingly dumb. Also, Naru and Umino returned after a long absence; Michiru and Haruka take part in a couple contest and no one gets upset or even really points it out; the daimon in this episode is the least weirdly sexual one yet, despite being made from a heart statue; and the daimon's attack where she summons handsome boys to dance with the girls that are attracted to guys then transform into monsters seconds later is hilarious.

Yucie was alright, though I didn't really get what was going on with the griffon.

~~~

On request, there will be no stream tomorrow. They're just not interested in a distraction, I suppose.

~~~

EleV-BPVoAMc4KA.jpg%3Alarge

Elw5c3iU8AAcGjC.jpg%3Alarge

rawrienstein.tumblr.com

Rawrienstein Draws!

What is your opinion on raritwi? I think it’s pretty good.
22e71e626c9f4ba10f12e0fea81cb02b884fd14d.png

ElyLfCqXEAE8arS.png%3Alarge

El2EM3sXEAQpDh7.jpg%3Alarge

El1U_QlWkAAJ0JB.jpg%3Alarge

deviantart-iojknmiojknm-860006867.jpg

deviantart-iojknmiojknm-860006971.jpg

New Belle Eve art!
Elx2A5YXEAYk3Q0.jpg%3Alarge

Nice short animation

11-4-20 The Final Problem stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup, in an unadvertised Wednesday stream, we watched
1. Sherlock - 403 - The Final Problem

I needed to watch something bad and baffling to vicariously react to the election, and after Sarah Z's recent Sherlock video, this fit that need. You know an episode is bad when Mycroft being accosted by a clown is by far the best part. An antagonist that for practical purposes is magic, nonsense twists, unsatisfying character moments, it's just a huge mess. There was no one in the stream that hadn't already seen it, alas. Crazy that this was from three years ago; I suppose I wouldn't say I thought it was more recent, but it's still weird.

~~~

Stream tomorrow too!
1. Higurashi - 5 - Jealousy (Chapter: Cotton Drifting, Part 1)
2. Glitch Techs - 206 - Find the Glitch
3. DC Super Hero Girls - 22-23 - Frenemies
4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 301 - Everything is Crabs

It's a bit weird going back to these after so long.

~~~

hugs__by_danmakuman_de843r2-pre.png

deviantart-VinilyArt-860145990.jpg

Nice cover

Kind of interesting animatic
www.youtube.com

"Easier" Animatic - New Dawn

NOTE: This is not going to be a part of the official production itself! This is promotional material meant to help encourage people to audition for the audio...

Good Twilight PMV

Nice animation

Cute video; I thought the crush was supposed to be Starlight at first, but it's Twilight
www.youtube.com

Tough Luck ft. DaWillstanator, FatefulSword, & Sugar Cloud

My attempt at cring- I mean, love story. It looked way cuter in my head okay!? 😆 Thanks for watching! - Thanks to these VAs! They are heroes for adding magic...

23 minute PMV, using a single long song. It's good, but very much a "play while doing other things" video
www.youtube.com

PMV | Singularity

To celebrate 10 years of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (20 days later lol), I have made this PMV, which is my 16th, and, by far, the longest of my chan...

Nice calming video
www.youtube.com

良 馬 𝓒𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓓𝓪𝓼𝓱 [Vaporwave Pony]

BGM: 嘉禾天橙國際大影院 (Jiahe Tiancheng International Cinema) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ke0-Iu6e7U ---- Subscribe for weekly (or more) uploads from within the...