Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at The Witcher 3 but should I play the other two games to understand anything that's going on? I don't mind missing a few references but if I'm missing major chunks of the story than I'll hold off till for now.
I went in having only played several hours of 2 and I was fine. You'll definitely miss out on some of the relationship feels from what I've been told but the game is stand alone and one of the best of the generation even if you've never played the originals

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
You won't be missing much by starting with The Witcher 3, so you should be fine.
I have heard what Captain of Outer Space suggests. Personally, I started reading the books for maximum context. I would reckon watching story overview of TW1 & 2 on YT if full walk throughs are not an option.
I went in having only played several hours of 2 and I was fine. You'll definitely miss out on some of the relationship feels from what I've been told but the game is stand alone and one of the best of the generation even if you've never played the originals
Thanks for the input guys. I'll likely take the plunge once I get home tomorrow morning.

Oct 2, 2018
There's a new (?) addition to the sale and I just noticed Far Cry New Dawn is $19.99.

WOOT

??

Looked over the OP and its definitely just been added. Its not on there

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Thinking of doing a Call of Duty run. I recently bought Infinite with the Modern Warfare (before they gave it out for free). Thinking of picking of Advance Warfare. The campaign any good? I was thinking of doing Advanced warfare then moving on to Infnite and saving Remastered for last.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
What am I missing here? Is your "what the hell" a good thing or bad thing? (potentially looking to jump back into Destiny 2).

Assuming the poster is maybe referring to the slight price hike for buying the Season Pass vs. it's bundled sale price.

You'd assume the sale pricing is reflected equally but those that already supported Forsaken are paying slightly more for the pass than newcomers buying the bundle.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the poster is maybe referring to the slight price hike for buying the Season Pass vs. it's bundled sale price.

You'd assume the sale pricing is reflected equally but those that already supported Forsaken are paying slightly more for the pass than newcomers buying the bundle.

Understood. Thank you for the clarification! So what would be the best bet for me to jump back into the game? I last played Destiny 2 like late 2017-ish; played the game for a while, then ended up selling my disk.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that this ends at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT on Friday/Tomorrow/Pretty Much Today.

If you want the Borderlands Handsome Collection on the cheap before next week's big Pro update, this is the last day to grab it.

Apr 27, 2018
Reminder that this ends at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT on Friday/Tomorrow/Pretty Much Today.

If you want the Borderlands Handsome Collection on the cheap before next week's big Pro update, this is the last day to grab it.
I was honestly tempted on picking it up. But it's slightly cheaper for a new physical copy at GameStop ($15). I picked up Psychonauts (for $0.99) as well as Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (for $5, this is the only time I've seen the game on sale).