• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I am actually going to a DSA protest in Richmond CA at the ICE detention center.

I feel that is more useful than going to the SF protest.

Oh, their is an ICE office in SF too...

Hmm...

I don't know which to go too...

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how these protests get announced and then 2 weeks later there are multiple other issues everyone is pissed about and want to protest.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my poster board. Think I'm gonna write "Prosecute ICE" on the front and "...and send Homan to the Hague" on the back.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone going to the Fort Wayne protest, I'm bringing water, snacks, cold rags, and a few other things. Don't let the heat scare you, just come prepared.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah - it's gonna be hot tomorrow in DC. Errybody wear that sunscreen, bring water and Gatorade-like things.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just want to wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow.

Stay hydrated.
Stay safe.
Take lots of pictures.
And protest your little hearts out.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to stop by my office tomorrow and stock up on water and nuts.

Also I still need to finish my sign =C

This girl has my DSLR and she went out of town Wednesday... I wanted to take pictures =C

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Any ideas for signs?
If there isn't at least one sign that says "ICE ICE BABY" with a cage drawn around/over the "Baby" then the protest is a failure no matter what good comes of it.

In all seriousness though, I hope there's a good turn out for these. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I was in the US.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Headed to the one in Knoxville, TN today. Finally had a break in the rain so it should be a beautiful, clear day. Also, hot and humid as hell.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Organizers of the "Families Belong Together" marches are encouraging participants to wear white as a "striking visual symbol that will also connect attendees in solidarity to each-other and channel historic social justice movements unified by one color of clothing."
On Thursday, Capitol police arrested more than 600 protesters —mostly women, mostly dressed in white — who marched to the Hart Senate building in Washington, D.C., to protest the family-separation policy, and to call on the government to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The protesters chanted "Abolish ICE," and "Where are the kids?" and covered themselves in foil blankets meant to resemble those separated children were given to sleep on in detention facilities.
https://www.thecut.com/2018/06/wear-white-families-belong-together-immigration-protest.html

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't make it to a protest, Felicia Day is hosting a charity stream benefiting RAICES with guests and giveaways.

Starts in about an hour.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Already went to a satellite protest at Rockville Centre on Long Island. My sign wasn't original but for me it says it all.

2060_1530370201211.jpeg

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm unable to go to any of these events, but I just want to say, I'm so damn proud of everyone going to protest this. Great job everyone.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
This is the happiest I've ever seen any metro car - everyone's got signs, wearing white.

Oct 27, 2017
the problem with these protests is they are over too quickly. its great we have them but doing it on a weekend and then everyone returns to work Monday isnt gonna change anything. unless stuff happens like the economy gets disrupted those in power can easily ignore them.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
My plans fell through due to unreliable people, please stay safe out there wherever you are.

If you have a GoPro or similar wear it at all times, spare decorum my fellow brothers and sisters.

Watch out for the police, and the white supremacists they protect willingly.

Resist.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
There's even one right close to me, so I'll be attending. It's nice to not have to scrape and save to protest because the nearest one is 60 miles away.