• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
RoQCXZ3.jpg

Minneapolis let's go!

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
My friend, me, my sign, and my double-chin at the rally in Phoenix this morning, seemed a little small but it was also well into the 90s by the time it started. I counted about 20 Trump supporters who were consistently shouted down as the paraded around the rally area. Couple of intense screaming matches, one minor scuffle, but the ratio of people rallying for justice vs. Trumpers was overwheming.

36354410_10213944773310606_8796805488562929664_n.jpg

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The best thing they were doing at the one I went to was voter registration, I need to volunteer to help with that next time. It is unbearably hot out

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
My friend, me, my sign, and my double-chin at the rally in Phoenix this morning, seemed a little small but it was also well into the 90s by the time it started. I counted about 20 Trump supporters who were consistently shouted down as the paraded around the rally area. Couple of intense screaming matches, one minor scuffle, but the ratio of people rallying for justice vs. Trumpers was overwheming.

36354410_10213944773310606_8796805488562929664_n.jpg
That just means double the social justice!

Stay as cool as possible in that scorching weather, and keep fighting the good fight!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wish I could join you guys in Newark but I'm working all day, sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
Proud to be with everyone that showed up today. This is the start. Don't let up your anger, your enthusiasm. We rally, we organize, we register to vote, and then we break the shackles. We won't let them steal our country.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Went to the protest in Austin. Seemed like turnout was good but hard to estimate because everyone was clustered around the trees. A lot of in and out traffic since people with kids or the elderly could only stay for an hour or so. Big props to the organizers, they did a great job with the speaker set-up. We were probably 2/3rds of the way back and could still hear most everything. Also Beto had a ton of people out registering voters which was cool.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley protest was great.

My Senator went off on Trump and said his presidency was illegitimate.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got back from the Seattle rally, it was really intense! Lots of people chanting "lock him up!", "families belong together!", etc. For anyone feeling down about our current political situation, I suggest going to these kinds of rallies/protests, it feels good to be around people that are just as pissed off and angry as you are.

Now get out and vote damnit!

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get a picture of it, but I think my favorite sign was a very plain black text on white background sign that stated "I can't believe I have to make a sign to tell you not to put children in cages."

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get a picture of it, but I think my favorite sign was a very plain black text on white background sign that stated "I can't believe I have to make a sign to tell you not to put children in cages."

Saw that one, too. I though my favorite from DC was "Not today Satan" with a drawing of trump's hair and a tie.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge turnout in Minneapolis. March of people as far as I could see. Did a full loop through downtown and could see people still coming down the other side of the loop.

Oct 31, 2017
Just quoting this for sheer stupidity. ICE, whatever, obviously serious change has to happen there, but Abolish Police, dumb as dumb can be to unironically think that's the way to go.

You can't even give a reason so you clearly have nothing to say but criticize people who are actually protesting.

Abolish police lady isn't the one not helping anything, you are

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get stuck on one poster that is a result of frustration. In Dallas the police were great, and were in agreement with the protest.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't even give a reason so you clearly have nothing to say but criticize people who are actually protesting.

Abolish police lady isn't the one not helping anything, you are
I feel like i wandered into the twilight zone with some of you. Oh i didn't protest? Gee i must have been at another rally today. Fuck off.

And abolish Police will always be completely fucking stupid, and anyone else here that thinks it's a great idea to get rid of 911 for emergency, please respond to me so you may be catalogued.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from my local protest. It was my first time going to one. I'm a fairly timid and lazy guy, so the entire time I was driving there I kept asking myself what I was doing. I didn't want to go and I didn't think it would do any good to go. But I told myself that when the government of my nation is kidnapping children and holding them in cages, you have to do something even if you don't want to.

The protest itself was fairly small, maybe a few hundred people. I expect most of the locals who would be inclined to protest went to either Seattle or Tacoma. The attendees skewed toward the older range, and most were very, very white. Basically, it could almost have been the demographics of a Trump rally.

There were a considerable number of signs playing off of Melania's coat - some variation of "I really do care! Don't you?" Then there was the whole "Without immigrants, Trump wouldn't have any wives!" The representatives from the indigenous peoples brought signs saying "There can be no 'illegals' on stolen land!" The one that got to me most was simply Mr. Rogers' "Won't you be my neighbor?" I genuinely teared up when I saw that one.

There were voter registration forms and numerous calls to vote. Nice to see, but I've been voting for years so that isn't an additional way for me to help. But there were three people there each running for a different one of my district's seats in the state house. That inspired me to look it up and I just saw that all three of my reps to the state house are currently Rs.

Fuck that. Looks like I might have to find some way to get involved and help oust them.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like i wandered into the twilight zone with some of you. Oh i didn't protest? Gee i must have been at another rally today. Fuck off.

And abolish Police will always be completely fucking stupid, and anyone else here that thinks it's a great idea to get rid of 911 for emergency, please respond to me so you may be catalogued.
I think the police abolitionist movement has issues for several reasons but you don't seem to understand what it actually is if you think 911 would become defunct.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Not really helping your case.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Weren't they the same city PD that was on a BLM march a year or two ago? That ended up getting shot up
A rogue shooter interrupted an otherwise peaceful Dallas protest, but that was years ago. Dallas P.D. is one of the best in the nation partly because of how well they cooperate with protests, to the point that they haven't punished future protests because of the shooting incident unlike how other major city police would have responded. I'm still a little surprised at how good Dallas is about this.

We need enormous police reform sooner than later, but we can't afford to destroy so many police departments so quickly without something to immediately replace them. Military law ain't fun, though it's probably a lot less racist.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This just warms my heart. Seeing the come out on Twitter makes me so happy to see the people who care.

Now forgive me as I go and shame myself for just now finding out about this parade earlier this morning at work.

I would've called out and made it to the protest just 45mins North of me :(.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A rogue shooter interrupted an otherwise peaceful Dallas protest, but that was years ago. Dallas P.D. is one of the best in the nation partly because of how well they cooperate with protests, to the point that they haven't punished future protests because of the shooting incident unlike how other major city police would have responded. I'm still a little surprised at how good Dallas is about this.

We need enormous police reform sooner than later, but we can't afford to destroy so many police departments so quickly without something to immediately replace them. Military law ain't fun, though it's probably a lot less racist.
No I wasn't blaming them at all, I was making sure they were the ones that were smart/compassionate enough to march with BLM activists

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
yes...because who enforces a 911 response.

Alright im out, im dealing with a level of....something i can't handle right now. Get a grip people.
A dispatcher, firefighters and EMS in addition to the police for starters. Again, I don't agree, just trying to help you understand what people are actually trying to accomplish.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from my local protest. It was my first time going to one. I'm a fairly timid and lazy guy, so the entire time I was driving there I kept asking myself what I was doing. I didn't want to go and I didn't think it would do any good to go. But I told myself that when the government of my nation is kidnapping children and holding them in cages, you have to do something even if you don't want to.

The protest itself was fairly small, maybe a few hundred people. I expect most of the locals who would be inclined to protest went to either Seattle or Tacoma. The attendees skewed toward the older range, and most were very, very white. Basically, it could almost have been the demographics of a Trump rally.

There were a considerable number of signs playing off of Melania's coat - some variation of "I really do care! Don't you?" Then there was the whole "Without immigrants, Trump wouldn't have any wives!" The representatives from the indigenous peoples brought signs saying "There can be no 'illegals' on stolen land!" The one that got to me most was simply Mr. Rogers' "Won't you be my neighbor?" I genuinely teared up when I saw that one.

There were voter registration forms and numerous calls to vote. Nice to see, but I've been voting for years so that isn't an additional way for me to help. But there were three people there each running for a different one of my district's seats in the state house. That inspired me to look it up and I just saw that all three of my reps to the state house are currently Rs.

Fuck that. Looks like I might have to find some way to get involved and help oust them.
Many state offices are unopposed. Take advantage of that.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
ATaU8FM.jpg

Here's my little badass. She had a lot of people ask for pictures. Props to the young man that gave her his ball when she asked for it. I think he scored major points with his girlfriend, godspeed dude.

Oct 27, 2017
And local

Help volunteer on a bigger campaign for literally 2 days and you'll basically be set to run and win a local office
This is 100% true. The republicans took over the nation by running nation wide while Democrats fought over the glamorous positions. We need Democrats out there showing the populace that the republican party is anti-society. They want to coalesce wealth into a few hands and control everything. Democrats want parity and the ability for the average person to make a difference. We need people ready to run for all positions. They should never run unopposed. The demographic reality almost makes it a lock if we can just get candidates and get voters out there. Volunteer to canvass your neighborhoods with voter registration cards. Volunteer to take voters to the polls. We will win if we all vote. They don't want us to vote, because they know their kind is not long for the world. The current situation is the result of a dying, hateful, evil lashing out as it realizes that it soon will no longer be. We will conquer this.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hello, friend. Can I suggest picking two or three things from this list and focusing on them: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156613807719656&id=835044655&ref=bookmarks?

Oct 25, 2017
I suck, and I couldn't secure a ride to mine in time. I'm glad to see these marches saw a decent turnout though. Fuck ICE, and fuck the GOP.