• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
My diets been shit, I feel Zion. Maybe we could motivate each other to eat less and get on track. 🤔

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I guess i'm the only one that a bit uncomfortable with how people talk about Zion's weight here and elsewhere. Not necessarily that people are talking about it, but how it's being talked about if that makes sense.

Oct 26, 2017
So I guess i'm the only one that a bit uncomfortable with how people talk about Zion's weight here and elsewhere. Not necessarily that people are talking about it, but how it's being talked about if that makes sense.

His weight is obviously used by many people to make fat jokes and it's obviously fairly weird to make fun of a kid who has a potential eating problem.

However, his weight is just so far above a normal player for his height that I think there's a strong reason to think it contributes to his frequent injuries with how much weight he is carrying around.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017

IMO, it's just a pro athlete thing, not fat shaming as a person, if that makes sense. His multimillion dollar job is to be fit.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I see giglepoo is already trying to improve on his kd is a roleplayer take.

gotta respect the hustle

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm against fat shaming in general but when you're making tens of millions of dollars its kind of part of the job to stay in shape.

Zion is a great player when hes on the court but thats been the hard part for him and hes not helping himself by not being in the best shape. Still you have to make it work because theres no way you can trade him for a whole bunch of different reasons.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

Cool to see, but until he can consistently hit these at an above average clip I don't see teams changing how they defend him.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
So how come its only take around 1 month of training Giannis can made his jumpshot smoother after year of struggle?
he can revert most likely but its wild his shot is much more natural looking

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bron is def watching caruso bulls highlights on youtube.
wolvie.JPG

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
This Curry guy looks pretty good, at least for a preseason player. Like most of resetera, I've predicted his Jeremy Lin moment will end at any moment and saner minds will prevail.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Warriors look scary good. I was a little down on them but I think they could actually come into the season pretty hot.

Those guys just had such battles and so many games for 6 years deep into the playoffs. Maybe only the 2014 spurs have we seen a championship level squad get back to those heights years later.

2011 Mavs but I think they just had Dirk and Jason Terry from the 06 team right?

beat

Oct 28, 2017
Warriors look scary good. I was a little down on them but I think they could actually come into the season pretty hot.
Steph, Dray, Klay back (eventually), Andre back, Poole paying off the front office's trust, Bjelica and Otto Porter Jr look like really solid pickups, Wiggins a reliable option at SF, Looney healthy this year… this is a really good team. Slight concerns about being undersized or undermanned at C for certain matchups but overall I'm feeling better about this year than I was about last year's Warriors.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
This is one of those times where you run the model and once you see the results, you shitcan said model.
Once I noticed they traded away Caruso, KCP and Kuzma I knew they were going to be shit. Those were the only few players that alteast attempted to play defense and were there young legs as well. Lakers this year are much worse than 2004 lakers.....feel more like 2012 lakers (Nash, Dwight,Kobe).

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Kuzma and KCP are like, barely above league average players. It's more a testament that Lebron can make them look good than it speaks to them as players.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
GS waived Bell, Payton Jr, Mulder, and....Bradley who they had just signed.
And are keeping Chiozza? (who will probably get waived imo but he should've been the first name off the sheet)

I thought Bradley was going to be on the team due to them signing him in FA. Those bricked 3s maybe killed that

Iggy looked good, maybe a bit better than they were expecting.
Lee had a good preseason. Moody will get minutes

so maybe those two beat out the other guards, like I said before they don't need 20 guards. really doubt chiozza makes it
thought payton jr might've had a chance due to hustle.

Lin could've been for the win but now he's retired 😒
but yea they don't need more guards

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Why did the Pacers keep Wanamaker over Sumner? Wanamaker sucks. I get that Ed is injured and the best ability is availability but I'd rather have an injured Ed than Wanamaker.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
I was told by media 'expert's and others our defense would be garbage even though signs pointed that they wouldn't.

Deleted member 18615

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here been watching Primo on the Spurs? People were really down on the Spurs picking him at 12 I think it was, but he has looked extremely skilled and poised out there especially for being just 18. I wonder how much time he'll actually spend in the G League this year.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
GS waived Bell, Payton Jr, Mulder, and....Bradley who they had just signed.
And are keeping Chiozza? (who will probably get waived imo but he should've been the first name off the sheet)

I thought Bradley was going to be on the team due to them signing him in FA. Those bricked 3s maybe killed that

Iggy looked good, maybe a bit better than they were expecting.
Lee had a good preseason. Moody will get minutes

so maybe those two beat out the other guards, like I said before they don't need 20 guards. really doubt chiozza makes it
thought payton jr might've had a chance due to hustle.

Lin could've been for the win but now he's retired 😒
but yea they don't need more guards
Chiozza is on a two-way deal, so I imagine he'll be in Santa Cruz. Reading Slater on the athletic, sounds like GP2 might be signed again if he clears waivers, that way his deal won't be guaranteed until Jan so they can retain flexibility.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Anyone here been watching Primo on the Spurs? People were really down on the Spurs picking him at 12 I think it was, but he has looked extremely skilled and poised out there especially for being just 18. I wonder how much time he'll actually spend in the G League this year.

Dude's legit! He became an instant fan-favorite after that debut game.

Status
Not open for further replies.