• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most Fraudulent Play in Tournament Star

• Domantas Sabonis

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Jimmy Butler

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Joel Embiid

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Stephen Curry

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 74 39.2%
  • Zion Williamson

Votes: 16 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
he didn't say an NBA championship
GLVwexFaMAAHqAz.jpg

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thinking about Poole. 2022 is absolutely insane considering the dropoff so many of the guys had afterwards. Wiggins was like the 2nd or 3rd best player in that Finals series. Poole was a legit 6th man I guess and now is unplayable even on the worst team in the league. Klay and Dray weren't great but had their spurts.
Yeah, Like I said. It should've been over. 2022 was something else. Talent wise that team isn't much better than the past 2 years, if at all.

Poole and Wiggins becoming worse, etc.

Klay and green...weren't much better 2022 for real. We talked about dray and klay being benched back then too. Stephs defense was better, but overall he had some ups and downs in the playoffs and was trash in the regular season.
That season they just won close games for whatever reason

Was it really just opj and sporadic bjelica 🤣

But actually, given talent wasn't that great back then, it shows how other things matter

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
imo warriors and fan should be just happy the team became steph and co fun gang for 2-3 year
pay klay his draymond money, play the young guys
avoid tax by waiving cp3 and trade gp3+looney to bad teams with bundling 2nd rounder + protected picks

team maybe still in playoff next year, with the young guys improving

there no path for this team to win chip again

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Chris Paul is just gonna dance around for a title at the tail end of his career like Gary Payton and T-Mac isn't he

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah, Like I said. It should've been over. 2022 was something else. Talent wise that team isn't much better than the past 2 years, if at all.

Klay and green...weren't much better 2022 for real. We talked about dray and klay being benched back then too. Stephs defense was better, but overall he had some ups and downs in the playoffs and was trash in the regular season.

But actually, given talent wasn't that great back then, it shows how other things matter
Wiggins and Poole are just mindboggling to think about. Wiggins was outplaying people for multiple series and was an elite defender. I don't know if the personal stuff really just fucked him up. Poole simply isnt a serious person but damn.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Curry's career would look very different if Durant hadn't joined his 73 win team.

the 2022 title changes this imo. He dragged them to a title with Andrew Wiggins as his number 2. thats career defining even if he never wins those two with KD. I think prior to that yeah losing with a 73 win team would have been a much bigger part of his legacy.

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
Steph deserves to continue playing at a high level. There's no way this team is going to be competitive going forward, but there's also no way they let him leave. Sad that he's likely going to be wasting his remaining years

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
the 2022 title changes this imo. He dragged them to a title with Andrew Wiggins as his number 2. thats career defining even if he never wins those two with KD. I think prior to that yeah losing with a 73 win team would have been a much bigger part of his legacy.
High probablility GS would've gone 16-0 in 2017 and 2018.

Actually they they would've gone 16-0 in 2019 too with no kd since kds salary was sitting injured not playing

I actually can argue they would've never lost a game again again if you run the scenarios

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022

Props to CP3 for overcoming his addiction

They probably should trade him as a favor to him but they won't.

Not that it would ever happen, but Curry on the Magic would be perfect

If I'm warriors I trade everyone except curry

Curry doesn't have time for a completely new system to be built though. You either try to repair the current one that's tailored to his specific skills, or trade him to a team and plug him into theirs.

Last edited:

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA

Yeah it shows how it all adds up. Curry/Klay/Dray weren't much better/worse.

But Poole carried a significant amount of offensive production in the regular season for them, when other Warriors didn't have it. He's a big piece of why the warriors had the playoffs seeding they did.

Wiggins was much better as well. And GP2/OPJ were instrumental in the playoffs in the defined roles they had. Couple that with Looney being much more spry than he is today.

That's 5 roleplayers outside of their core 3 that were significant impacts in their title run. That have either fallen off a cliff or who are injured/no longer with the team

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it shows how it all adds up. Curry/Klay/Dray weren't much better/worse.

But Poole carried a significant amount of offensive production in the regular season for them, when other Warriors didn't have it. He's a big piece of why the warriors had the playoffs seeding they did.

Wiggins was much better as well. And GP2/OPJ were instrumental in the playoffs in the defined roles they had. Couple that with Looney being much more spry than he is today.

That's 5 roleplayers outside of their core 3 that were significant impacts in their title run. That have either fallen off a cliff or who are injured/no longer with the team
Plus Moody and kuminga also helped in the regular season despite not playing much in the playoffs

But yea, that highlights how small the margins are at the top. Small things change everything.

I said back then gs could've done it all the same but imo they don't chip without gp2, if they select Bradley over gp2 in the preseason. And steph and green openly wanted Bradley. More impactful decision than their draft picks

Crazy how small things change everything. And outside of Phoenix they just figured out the most how to win games they were losing in the 4th (Phoenix ungodly clutchness ran out in the postseason of course)

Oct 25, 2017
Poole in those 2022 playoffs was fucking prime tony parker

insane run they got out of him before being one of the worst players in the nba
I have a lot of TP hate in my heart as a Mavs fan but this is slander. Poole was good but TP at his best was an All NBA player

It might be completely unrelated but it's hard not to think being way out of shape for a good chunk of the year contributed to this

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
Zion played 70 games this season

Yeah, he looked pretty out of shape during the in season tournament, but after that it looked like he got progressively more in shape

At the end of the season he looked like the defensive beast that he was in college. IIRC he had a game where he got 6 steals and another where he had 5 blocks.

Fucking sucks that he got injured, but hopefully it's just a tweak and he's able to get though it.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
It might be completely unrelated but it's hard not to think being way out of shape for a good chunk of the year contributed to this
I don't think that's really a valid explanation, and it wasn't a good chunk of the season he was way out of shape. Ever since the IST (early December) he's been on his game, much more in shape, and dedicated. We are talking about 3/4 of the season

View: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1769758870132457552?t=93YeB1sE6sClCjHajWEh3g&s=19

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's really a valid explanation, and it wasn't a good chunk of the season he was way out of shape. Ever since the IST (early December) he's been on his game, much more in shape, and dedicated. We are talking about 3/4 of the season

View: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1769758870132457552?t=93YeB1sE6sClCjHajWEh3g&s=19

Bruh, maybe this is semantic but I consider a whole fourth of the season as being a good chunk
Like everyone else don't need to lose 25 lbs mid season to be considered "in -shape", which I still don't think he's at his maximum physical shape or close to it

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Bruh, maybe this is semantic but I consider a whole fourth of the season as being a good chunk
Like everyone else don't need to lose 25 lbs mid season to be considered "in -shape", which I still don't think he's at his maximum physical shape or close to it
I just think I could see your point if his turnaround was Jan/Feb or like the all star break or something. But we are talking about last calendar year. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, idk. I just don't really see that as a factor unless something tells me otherwise, when all signs point to him hitting his stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.