• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most Fraudulent Play in Tournament Star

• Domantas Sabonis

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Jimmy Butler

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Joel Embiid

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Stephen Curry

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 74 39.2%
  • Zion Williamson

Votes: 16 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly theirs a portion of this fanbase that needs to suck it. Completely high since 2015 and those hardcores turned into near proto Laker fans

"Bro Wiseman for Gobert straight up it's a good deal trust me"

Fitting Sac took them down. Even their fans were annoying as fuck in Sac I hate that we didn't send them packing last year

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They tried trading out out of the spot but it was considered a bad year to begin with. Honestly that's not that big of a deal and circumstances for that were quirky for a number of reasons.

It was also peak COVID - college season ended early and workouts were limited.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors fans taking Ls to Nick Wright, the run truly is over

View: https://x.com/gifdsports/status/1780465787708313787

I don't get this clip. In fact I'm not even sure what this is? Discord? Tik tok? He is talking with other media guys or random fans? I'm lost lol.

But in terms of the audio, he's saying the fans can't say they have a good understanding og the team. And if they do, then an owner and gm has 10x understanding than them?

But we call out bad gm and owner decisions about a team every day in this thread as nobodies.

Edit: nick wrights been saying gs is cooked since like 2019. And said cavs would chip in 2017 🤣. If I said the Pat's dynasty is over every year then I would be right eventually.
But it's pretty obvious the main reason why nick Wright and certain guys hate gs. It'd be like cheering for Barca as a Ronaldo fan in 2012

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
This was never a surprising result for any Warrior faithful.

Like, yeah we could've won that game, but too much shit happened this entire season for that to not happen with the team we have.

Bitter pill to swallow, but like, any sane person would say we gotta adapt to the league or flounder. We didn't get a big, and we paid dearly for it. Those rebounds from the Kings tonight were killer, and as that was going down, no fucking way we had even a puncher's chance to make it far in the playoffs.

It's just the way it went and we have nothing to blame but ourselves.

TNT putting Brock Purdy in that going fishing picture though, I'm flipping tables for that shit. Uncalled for, classless stuff god fucking damn it, NBA on TNT retire bitch

Last edited:

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

to every non-warrior fan coping with this out of context quote

shesnotgonnafuckyoubro.jpg

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Just finished the Lakers/Pels game. As a Pels enjoyer that was frustrating as hell.

Zion was awesome, BI shouldn't have been playing yet, and CJ might have cost them the game with that shit show of shooting in the second quarter. I knew it was over when CJ had 14 seconds on the shot clock and decided to shoot a 3 from 30 feet closely contested by TWO Lakers. It was dumbass shot selection all game by him, but especially in that second quarter where he just kept chucking and allowing the Lakers to build that lead.

Alvarado, Trey, and Zion were the the only reason this wasn't an embarrassing blowout. Team looked WAY better with fucked ankles Alvarado running the point and Trey taking BI's spot. If Zion didn't get hurt he may well have bullied the team to a win there through sheer force of power.

I don't know yet who wins out of Warriors/Kings yet as I'm about to fire that up, but if Zion is out this team is cooked either way.

Last edited:

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Warriors were 27-12 their last 39 games (.692). Even with the weaker schedule that's still an elite record for half the season, a 57 win pace. Knock a few off due to the sched and it's still a 50+ win team, a top 4 seed in the west.

Draymond's suspensions for 20 games killed them. Although I think it did help some of the young guys develop faster due to more PT.

Warriors don't need some massive retooling. They definitely need to make some moves but not something that drastically changes the team. Curry still has plenty left in the tank, probably 2-3 more elite years thanks to his insane conditioning. He desperately needs a reliable second guy that can consistently create offense otherwise teams are just gonna trap him all game like the Kings did last night. Kuminga needs to develop a consistent 3 ball to make that leap and I'm not sure he can.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an off-season thread? Need somewhere to share Ben Simmons rehab instagram posts

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors were 27-12 their last 39 games (.692). Even with the weaker schedule that's still an elite record for half the season, a 57 win pace. Knock a few off due to the sched and it's still a 50+ win team, a top 4 seed in the west.

Draymond's suspensions for 20 games killed them. Although I think it did help some of the young guys develop faster due to more PT.

Warriors don't need some massive retooling. They definitely need to make some moves but not something that drastically changes the team. Curry still has plenty left in the tank, probably 2-3 more elite years thanks to his insane conditioning. He desperately needs a reliable second guy that can consistently create offense otherwise teams are just gonna trap him all game like the Kings did last night. Kuminga needs to develop a consistent 3 ball to make that leap and I'm not sure he can.

The team is old, short, slow, lacks spacing (on a team with the 1st and probably 3rd greatest shooter all time), low bbiq, and has no second option -- plus Kerr isn't willing to go away from his guys quick enough even when they are playing poorly. There's also the amount of money they'd require.

Curry and Draymond are the only two playing at an elite level, and one's a huge liability for obvious reasons. If winning is the most important thing, everyone except those two should be on the table, and Klay's number needs to be significantly lower than at the beginning of negotiations.

If they're willing to concede success and want to give the big 3 a warm sendoff over the next 2-3 years, that's also understandable and acceptable considering the insane amount of success over ten years. They just shouldn't be upset about losing if they do so. Running back a tweaked version around curry instead of a rebuilt version around curry will lead to similar results.

Memphis will be better and bigger next year. Rockets too. Spurs could leap if wemby gets more nba players around him. the young risers elsewhere will be a year bigger, smarter and more experienced. And Kerr would still be running 3-guard lineups

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
About to start the 4th quarter of Warriors/Kings. Warriors getting killed, Murray is that guy my god.

I floated the idea a few weeks back about whether the Pels should try to shop BI around the league to see what they can get for him. Murray. You try for Keegan Murray. Sac probably say no, but you fucking try. He is exactly what that team needs.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
That being probably Klay's last game is just fucking sad.

Time to start the rebuild. It's over. Every team has to go through it eventually (unless you are the Lakers), so savour that historic NBA-changing run and move on.

The best prospect since Zion probably at the top of the 2025 draft lol

Obviously they won't do that though

Truly nobody watches the Spurs huh. Or OKC.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
this is the right answer. People complain all the time about how stars are spineless and have no loyalty but if warriors dump klay that's spineless shit. No team gets a 10 year dynasty. it never happens. you get smart and build around it until the wheels fall off.

They missed the playoffs with Klay fully healthy (77 games played, 63 as a starter). The wheels fell off and you're just grinding metal at this point. Unless he's coming off the bench playing for a veteran minimum, it would be malpractice on the level of the early 2010s Mavs to run it back (w/Curry at 35yo) without massively improving the roster.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you can necessarily extrapolate like that over a smaller sample size and assume thats who these teams really are. The Lakers have a great record in like the last quarter of the season too but I wouldn't believe they could just bring everyone back and be a 55 win team. The Warriors are an old team with old key players. Yes there was some youth on the roster this year that showed out some but those are mostly role players. Your key guys are all gonna be one year older next year. And the league is getting younger and deeper every year (especially in the west). Does that necessarily mean they should just blow it up? Probably not, for the same reason the Lakers probably won't, there's not a ton of flexibility and it's not like you can just dump all these old guys and sign Vic or SGA or whatever. Thats not how the NBA works. If you are blowing it up you are basically saying "We are gonna be terrible for 3-4 years while we reset our cap and start collecting assets" and I can understand why teams aren't exactly in a rush to do that.

fzburner

Jul 3, 2023
Warriors players/management and fans really do have an admirable ability of talking themselves out of reality. No matter how washed the team looks against real competition they'll still believe they can jump back to the golden days of the dynasty and things will be alright. They're too small and too old, if they don't blow it up they better hope they can get the Lakers free agency treatment in the future

open_mouth_

Nov 1, 2017
Warriors should blow it up completely... collect draft picks and young players... and tank a few seasons to build it back up. But they probably won't do that...

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Warriors players/management and fans really do have an admirable ability of talking themselves out of reality. No matter how washed the team looks against real competition they'll still believe they can jump back to the golden days of the dynasty and things will be alright. They're too small and too old, if they don't blow it up they better hope they can get the Lakers free agency treatment in the future

Pre-Curry Supernova Warriors were absolutely horrid. I think fans are deathly afraid of going back to that nether region of the NBA.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
My girlfriend came into our room and asked me if I had cleaned the dishes. I yelled "Klay Thompson" and she smiled. She knew they were washed.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
"Blow it the fuck up" means trading Steph Curry, who is the most beloved individual in the history of that franchise and the only reason people pay exorbitant prices to go out to SF and that shiny new arena to watch the Warriors play.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
It's going to be hard for them and especially Steph to accept, but it's either blow it up or become the Bulls... at best.

Whether they do that or not I don't know, but those are the only real choices. With the West shaking out as it right now and only getting more and more competitive over the next few years, I don't see any way the Warriors can become legitimate competitors via the trade market. Maybe there's hope within free agency? But even then the chance is slim for them to gather the kind of superstars needed to get them to overtake the trajectory that the Nuggets, Wolves, OKC, Rockets, Kings, Pels, Grizzlies, etc are on right now.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Warriors will blow it up until Steph retires. So it will just be a long sad slide into irrelevance.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Curry means more to GSW than any other active player means to their team. They are not trading him.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Orrrrrrrrrr...

Maybe they should offer TJD, a 2028 second, a 2029 second, and a Klay sign and trade for Wemby.

That's how Warriors fans do it right?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be hard for them and especially Steph to accept, but it's either blow it up or become the Bulls... at best.

Whether they do that or not I don't know, but those are the only real choices. With the West shaking out as it right now and only getting more and more competitive over the next few years, I don't see any way the Warriors can become legitimate competitors via the trade market. Maybe there's hope within free agency? But even then the chance is slim for them to gather the kind of superstars needed to get them to overtake the trajectory that the Nuggets, Wolves, OKC, Rockets, Kings, Pels, Grizzlies, etc are on right now.

The thing is blowing it up is not an exact science. You don't just trade everyone, strip the roster bare, tank for a year and have a Wemby fall into your lap. It's far more likely outcome if the Warriors decide to blow it up is they are going to be very bad for a while. The Lakers had like 5 straight top 10 picks in a row after Kobe declined/left and got exactly zero franchise players out of those picks, not for lack of trying. So whether the Warriors blow it up now, or blow it up in 3 years after Steph retires, whether or not they "become the Bulls" is going to come down to a lot of sheer luck.

Ace_1991

Sep 22, 2023
I am so nervous for the Sixers tonight. This team drags me in come post-season every year then rips my heart out. Embiid has looked great since coming back, but his knee seems ripe for re-injury during whatever run the Sixers make...

Status
Not open for further replies.