Votes: 52 14.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Ant and KAT should be thanking god for all the discourse tanking Gobert is about to do. I think Gobert has his flaws but man he don't deserve all this lol.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Wolves gave everything they had in the tank to beat the Nuggets

Not sure it's as easy as that. Timberwolves despite being an incredible defensive team have no one to put on Luka. He's an even more of a matchup nightmare for them than Jokic. If his right leg holds up he's going to feast this entire series and he fucking knows it too.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Think it was someone in this thread who said that the Wolves match up better defensively with the Nuggets than the Mavs, which is def apparent at times here.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure it's as easy as that. Timberwolves despite being an incredible defensive team have no one to put on Luka. He's an even more of a matchup nightmare for them than Jokic. If his right leg holds up he's going to feast this entire series and he fucking knows it too.
Could they not try harder and gameplan like the Mavs have done to Ant? The Mavs using Kyrie to gas Ant on the defensive end has been one of the biggest talking points so far. Can the Wolves not try to do the same to a hobbled Luka?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Had to work a 12 today so I didn't get to see a damn thing really until just now when I sat down after a long nap to see most of the clips.

Luka is just so fucking good. I may have to buy a fucking Jersey at this point. I love his attitude and his swagger.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Luka is annoying, Kyrie is an ass, Mark Cuban is a fuckface, but I can't help but like this Mavs team for whatever reason. Makes you think.

pj-washington-is-everything-josh-richardson-was-suppose-to-v0-0syavt44yxwc1.jpeg

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
out of all the current 'active' players, how did raymond even get a spot on the TNT panel anyway? dude has the most dog shit takes ever + you can tell kenny hates him.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
ROUGH loss for the Wolves.

Ant and KAT need to step up ASAP or this is done and would be a horrible look for them. Both these first two games were close with both of them off, if either one of them played even 10% less shit they'd be up 2-0. That is unacceptable. You can't be competing in the conference finals and have both your two best scorers just disappear.

I love Naz, but you aren't winning a chip by relying on your sixth man.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
Not Ant's fault that the media hyped him up so much but he's a long way away from being the best player in the league which is normal at 22.

He isn't saying it but ever since the big fall in game 6 against Denver something hasn't been right. Everyone knows Luka has something fucked up too, he isn't gonna make an excuse.

That being said, the Nuggets/Wolves series had the exact same kinda "they're cooked" narrative after game 5. Things can flip. Think about Toronto/Milwaukee in 2019 and Milwaukee/Phoenix in 2021. Everything is going great until it isn't.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Could they not try harder and gameplan like the Mavs have done to Ant? The Mavs using Kyrie to gas Ant on the defensive end has been one of the biggest talking points so far. Can the Wolves not try to do the same to a hobbled Luka?
They probably could. Although Luka is so great at conserving energy he can just turn to his passing to be just as deadly as with his scoring, something Ant is unable to do. But yeah, coaching Mavs > Wolves clearly so far.
I find it unlikely for Wolves to rally back at this point to be honest. You just know Luka and/or Kyrie is going to have at least a couple of games in a 4 game span where they go nuclear and there's not really much you can do. Wolves needed this one.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah I don't know who they're trying to appeal to. GSW fans? The guy has zero charisma on screen.

The energy given off when he is sitting in the middle awkwardly laughing along while everybody ignores him, is the same as that kid from school you all dislike but your mom invited him to your party anyway.

It's not even like I don't value what he has to say about basketball, because I like listening to (some of) his takes on his podcast. Just by being a 6'6 center with multiple chips gives him an incredibly unique perspective on how the game is played, but he just doesn't fit on Inside and adds nothing to the show.

teruterubozu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The energy given off when he is sitting in the middle awkwardly laughing along while everybody ignores him, is the same as that kid from school you all dislike but your mom invited him to your party anyway.

It's not even like I don't value what he has to say about basketball, because I like listening to (some of) his takes on his podcast. But he really doesn't fit on Inside.

I mean it's such an obvious collective image rebuilding project surrounding Draymond. Major rollleyes every time he comes on.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Wolves already played their finals against the Nuggets. I don't think they will ever reach the actual finals with KAT on their team.

NBA gods cursed them after this

pat-bev-crying-pat-beverley.gif

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Thats the rub at the end of it all. Gobert or not, Luka and Kyrie or not, if either one of Ant or KAT played to their usual level on offence the Wolves would be 2-0 up.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
This would be a different series is Ant wasn't fatigued and shooting 35%
Would also be different if Luka's body wasn't literally falling apart.

Im kind of worried what sort of long term damage he might be doing to his knee because he hasnt properly rested for a month but the dude just doesnt stop.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Would also be different if Luka's body wasn't literally falling apart.

Im kind of worried what sort of long term damage he might be doing to his knee because he hasnt properly rested for a month but the dude just doesnt stop.
Not to mention the Olympics are coming too. Guess it's worth it in pursuit of a title.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I really love these "what if" takes. Like what if Mavs role players wouldn't shoot like shit, way below their season performances.

This is the playoff, some players show up, some players get lost on the way, this is what makes or breaks championships.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
On one hand ant is 22!! That shouldn't be an excuse when you have 39 year old lebron playing 40 minutes on the other hand he shouldn't be guarding Kyrie. It's dumb. They should have mcdaniels on him and naz Reid on luka. Bench golbert as that keeps mavs
rim protection at the rim and shrinks the court for ant. He also is a negative on defense with kyrie and Luka as well when switched.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
The way Kat just decides to put up shots... I don't know. I think Bomani is right about him. I need to go watch the game instead of listening like I did last night but I'm sure PJ had him for most of the night? If so, then he got to take advantage of that. Post him up every time.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Being fatigued isn't really an excuse when you have Luka limping up and down the court torching these guys. Everyone is fatigued after playing 100 games or more.

They need to do better if they want to superstars in the nba.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
McDaniels is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and it's not like he's lacking length himself as he has a rangey wingspan.

Putting the backup center on him instead is crazy talk.

open_mouth_

Nov 1, 2017
Minny should:

1) Try Ant on Luka; hard trap off picks and leave Jones Jr. open
2) Try McDaniels on Irving and only help when he's deep in the paint
3) Involve Luka in ever pick and roll and just attack him relentlessly to try to tire him out

I'd rather funnel most of Luka and Irving's shots to Jones Jr. than letting those guys continually cook. If Jones Jr. makes shots, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.