• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1st round upset

• #8 Heat over #1 Celtics

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • #6 Pacers over #3 Bucks

Votes: 152 49.5%
  • #8 Pelicans over #1 OKC

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 35 11.4%

• Total voters

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
That Sixers inbound was godawful and completely unnecessary. They almost deserved getting owned like that for it. Nurse also did not call a timeout on time if you watch the video, despite his post-game claims. Horrible BBIQ. It's a shame, because this series needed a 1-1 to keep things a lot more interesting. Nuggets-LA was at least a great game and finish.

NearingZero

Jul 1, 2020
That Sixers inbound was godawful and completely unnecessary. They almost deserved getting owned like that for it. Nurse also did not call a timeout on time if you watch the video, despite his post-game claims. Horrible BBIQ. It's a shame, because this series needed a 1-1 to keep things a lot more interesting. Nuggets-LA was at least a great game and finish.
He definitely did after Maxey was on the ground, but probably by a split second, and it's maybe not unreasonable that the refs didn't see it in time. Kind of like the play clock in football, the ref has to see Maxey still having possession once the timeout is recognized.

View: https://twitter.com/HomeoftheThrill/status/1782618714132648171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1782618714132648171%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Oct 28, 2017
He definitely did after Maxey was on the ground, but probably by a split second, and it's maybe not unreasonable that the refs didn't see it in time. Kind of like the play clock in football, the ref has to see Maxey still having possession once the timeout is recognized.

View: https://twitter.com/HomeoftheThrill/status/1782618714132648171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1782618714132648171%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

It was very quick as you said. Using a snap shot to make the argument is disingenuous. In real time, you can't accept that timeout. The only thing they really missed there was the fouled by brunson before the pass. Everything else on that play looks fine

Oct 28, 2017
The Lakers simply cannot beat a team like the nuggets without all of the role players contributing. They can't afford Hachimura and Reeves to no-show.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
It was very quick as you said. Using a snap shot to make the argument is disingenuous. In real time, you can't accept that timeout. The only thing they really missed there was the fouled by brunson before the pass. Everything else on that play looks fine

yeah I thought there was tons of contact there but just overall piss poor execution and dumb play by the Sixers that whole sequence.

went from celebrating to a soul crushing loss. don't even know how they bounce back from this.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of the late game situations are not all Ham. LeBron also dictates a lot of what happens. Like I think LeBron waived off the timeout in those last possessions. Lakers have two coaches that aren't always on the same page.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I fell asleep more or less during the Lakers largest lead in the 3rd.

Lol.

Lmao.

Ham's gotta go.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is more hilarious than Lakers complaining about missed calls

If karma existed Lakers would be getting horrible calls for the next 30 years

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Lebron-Sleeping.png
Lmao. LeBron is comedy gold.

Oct 28, 2017
He had his head down due to the eye thing he has going on

But I liked what he said:

Didn't expect that, love the confidence. I think Sixers win by double digits in game 3. It won't be a total blowout but 10+ for sure

if brunson keeps chucking up bricks, the 6ers do have a chance to come back and win the series for sure. he, and thibs need to make adjustments. you can't run that same iso play to brunson over and over again when he's not making shots

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
As an X's and O's coach I just don't think the Lakers players respect Ham. They always seem to have that "uh huh, sure thing buddy" look on their faces when he's talking to them.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
As an X's and O's coach I just don't think the Lakers players respect Ham. They always seem to have that "uh huh, sure thing buddy" look on their faces when he's talking to them.

I think Ham's loosey-goosey style would have worked in another era, like the run-and-gun GSW era. But you're not beating a disciplined X's and O's team like the Nuggets that way.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
if brunson keeps chucking up bricks, the 6ers do have a chance to come back and win the series for sure. he, and thibs need to make adjustments. you can't run that same iso play to brunson over and over again when he's not making shots

I'm just hoping the role players play better at home. They need something from Hield, Payne, Oubre, and Harris. It can't be all Maxey and Embiid. Run Martin out there too.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
For both Sixers and Lakers it's about role players not showing up on the road. Home court is usually when role players flourish, so there's that positive to look forward to.

But that's the key difference. The Nuggets are called "the starting 5" - there are no role players.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks I missed that last game! This old is washed and can't go past 11pm night after night smh

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
bionic77 - please tell us you're back!
Not really. I did get banned for some BS. I started posting on Reddit more lately. I assume some Patriot fans are snitching on me. Not sure. I am too old to worry about what I can say. If something is not fun I will do something else.

Lakers are mega fucked though. That game hurt me in my soul. First because I got duped into staying up until 1am on the east coast when I had to get up at 6 am for work. Secondly, that fucking ending. That fucking J Murray. That fucking Joker.

LeBron is a GOAT and a genius. But Jokic is the best player in the league (even though he looks more like a Mario Kart master rather than a NBA legend). Thats a huge advantage and I don't think we can overcome it because they know how to win now and are really mentally tough. It fucking sucks because the Lakers played great. We had 4 guys locked in on the road (with absolute zero help from anyone else). I will be super impressed if they can up it a notch and win in game 3 and 4. But I am afraid of this Nuggets team. If they beat us I want them to absolutely destroy Boston in the finals. Like beat them badly enough that the commissioner has to retroactively take away two of their titles and relegate them to the G league for next season.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Not really. I did get banned for some BS. I started posting on Reddit more lately. I assume some Patriot fans are snitching on me. Not sure. I am too old to worry about what I can say. If something is not fun I will do something else.

Lakers are mega fucked though. That game hurt me in my soul. First because I got duped into staying up until 1am on the east coast when I had to get up at 6 am for work. Secondly, that fucking ending. That fucking J Murray. That fucking Joker.

LeBron is a GOAT and a genius. But Jokic is the best player in the league (even though he looks more like a Mario Kart master rather than a NBA legend). Thats a huge advantage and I don't think we can overcome it because they know how to win now and are really mentally tough. It fucking sucks because the Lakers played great. We had 4 guys locked in on the road (with absolute zero help from anyone else). I will be super impressed if they can up it a notch and win in game 3 and 4. But I am afraid of this Nuggets team. If they beat us I want them to absolutely destroy Boston in the finals. Like beat them badly enough that the commissioner has to retroactively take away two of their titles and relegate them to the G league for next season.

Dont blame us. We're not smart enough to even know how to report someone. Otherwise there would be non stop reporting to combat all the anti-Pats discourse.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Even if the Lakers get swept it will be the closest 8 game seeep in NBA history. They can hang their hats on that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Dont blame us. We're not smart enough to even know how to report someone. Otherwise there would be non stop reporting to combat all the anti-Pats discourse.
I am not aware of any ever accusing Pats fans of having any kind of intelligence so you are totally safe on that one.

But in terms of doing anything to win regardless or rules, ethics or decency? You guys are not the strongest in that department...

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
People are talking about the refs when the real tragedy was having to listen to Reggie Miller. If it wasn't for Harlan I would have put the game on mute… Reggie is insufferable and always comes off as a wannabe Laker. Probably because he could never win a chip.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
People are talking about the refs when the real tragedy was having to listen to Reggie Miller. If it wasn't for Harlan I would have put the game on mute… Reggie is insufferable and always comes off as a wannabe Laker. Probably because he could never win a chip.
MANNNNN IT AINT RIGHT

Oct 25, 2017

I for one am just glad to see you post in here again

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Where did AD go in the 4th? It's not like Jokic was guarding him and size was a problem either.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol at the sports media this morning. Every time Lakers complain about a call it becomes a national emergency and league investigation. Give me a break. Every other team gets tough calls way more than the Lakers do and no one gives a shit.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am just glad to see you post in here again
Expect me to talk some serious shit after the Lakers squeak out a game 3 win after getting 90 straight trips to the line.

And then promptly disappear when they lose in another heartbreaker in game 4 until August or September when I start trying to convince people that Russell Wilson is not completely and utterly washed as a qb. Delusion is something you are born with. Like most good things in life you have to work at it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
lol at the sports media this morning. Every time Lakers complain about a call it becomes a national emergency and league investigation. Give me a break. Every other team gets tough calls way more than the Lakers do and no one gives a shit.
It's probably just me.

But I always imagine vicious Lakers haters as those people that take a massive shit in a public restroom and then walk out without washing their hands to spread their filth to the rest of society.