Votes: 33 9.3%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 52 14.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
That seems like it's going to be worse for most people watching the games then, and seems like the opposite of what Adam Silver wanted in an interview months ago

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
They're also alternating conference finals. Amazon will get a conf finals series one year and then either NBC or TNT (whoever wins the bid) will get it the next, and then flipping back and forth like that throughout the deal. ESPN will always have one of the conf finals.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What does this mean? Games exclusively on Amazon? Is the NBA about to become much more fragmented?
Stole this from another place, seems like it may be accurate so far:

ESPN- Wednesdays during the season, plus a conference final and the NBA Finals each year, some playoff games
Amazon- The NBA Cup, The Play-In tournament, a conference final every OTHER year, and an exclusive night each week, some playoff games
3rd package (NBC/Peacock or TNT/MAX)- day/night of games, conference final every OTHER year, some playoff games

Per day/night
Sundays- ?
Mondays- ?
Tuesdays- ?
Wednesdays- ESPN
Thursdays- ?
Fridays- ? (No more ESPN)
Saturdays- ?

2026 playoffs
Play in tournament- Amazon
Playoffs, ESPN/ABC, Amazon, TNT or NBC
Conference Finals- ESPN/ABC (East), TNT or NBC (West)
NBA Finals- ESPN/ ABC

2027 playoffs
Play in tournament- Amazon
Playoffs- ESPN/ABC, Amazon, TNT or NBC
Conference Finals- ESPN/ABC (West), Amazon (East)
NBA Finals- ESPN/ABC

View: https://twitter.com/RichLightShed/status/1787644074557653296

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1788164303163457709

Thought I read somewhere that Amazon would be the place for saturday games, not sure tho.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Reading more about it, it doesn't make sense for Turner to do it. $2.5 billion for a lesser slate of games is ridiculous. I'll be surprised if Zaslav caves and matches NBC's offer.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Reading more about it, it doesn't make sense for Turner to do it. $2.5 billion for a lesser slate of games is ridiculous. I'll be surprised if Zaslav caves and matches NBC's offer.
Losing the NBA would be a stain on his tenure, but I'm not sure he cares. His job seems to be to treat WBD like a chop shop, gutting everything to limit debt and position themselves to be bought by one of these bigger companies anyway. Not sure why taking a $2.5b would help that plan, tbh. But I'm definitely not a finance guy.

Jan 25, 2023
Haven't posted in this thread in like a year (not that I posted much before that), but I'm back to say I think my avatar has aged like fine, fine wine. Super excited for the future here in OKC.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
3 MVPs is hallowed territory for Jokic
Kinda wild to think of any non American winning it, much less multiple times, when I first started watching the league was just completely out of mind

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I think Luka is favorite for MVP next year if the Mavs get a top 5 finish. Voters will now have Jokic fatigue. I don't think they'll vote for him again even if he's the best player, similarly to how LeBron hasn't won 5+ lol

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
MVP Joker for the 3rd time in 4 years. Happy for him. Still amazes me how he elevates the Nugs every year.

But that award is probably going to become Ant's for a while starting next season

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I think Luka is favorite for MVP next year if the Mavs get a top 5 finish. Voters will now have Jokic fatigue. I don't think they'll vote for him again even if he's the best player, similarly to how LeBron hasn't won 5+ lol

I mean that happened just last year. Embiid was a more realistic contender than anyone this year though.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Agreed. Jokic fatigue will be even higher if he flames out against the Wolves. Luka seems like the safest bet along with SGA.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
No shock Joker got it.

Yes for USA it sounds like 1/3 of the games will be exclusive to Prime. 1/3 will go to ESPN, and the final 1/3 is going to either NBC or TNT.
Basically this, Amazon is rumored to have Saturdays, IST and some of the playoffs.

Hearing ESPN will take WED and keep the Sunday Showcase games on ABC. And flip flop conference finals with the B winner.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LeBron did not deserve 5+. MVP goes to the guy who played the best in a given year.