• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I can't buy in until Smart is relegated to garbo minutes. I'm on a personal crusade.
I get it, but Marcus Smart is 1st in the NBA in defensive win shares and 11th in Real Plus Minus for players over 30 minutes. His shooting percentage is in the tank and his heat checks are frustrating, but he's been low key amazing and a big reason they're winning close games. Brad knows what he's doing playing him heavy minutes.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Smart for defense only. He should be equipped with a shock collar and anytime he touches the ball he should be zapped.
The crazy thing is the Celtics are 8 points per 100 possessions better on offense when Smart is on the court and involved. He makes them better on both ends despite dreadful shooting thanks to everything else - passing, offensive boards, posting up guards, setting screens, off ball movement, creating fast break opportunities and just being annoying ass Marcus Smart.

One of the worst shooters in the league is also the guy that makes the Celtics offense jump from average to great, which pretty much sums up his game. Doesn't make sense but I'm still here for it. That and the part where he can single handedly blow up set after set for extended stretches against even the best offense of all time.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lavar Ball gets a promo spot from the President of the United States.

Sometimes I secretly think this world entirely exists in my head and I'm actually a kid staring into a snow globe.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
cirsud3qozyz.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from r/lakers

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
outside of his god awful fg% he is the best performing PG with the highest W/L for his team from compared to anyone else top 10

literally other than the historically worst FG% (which is a big concern but more so based on mentality and how we are utilizing him) he's doing well

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
At this point how far is franky nicotine away from Lonzo anyways? Like obviously we don't know who these guys fully are yet but wow you can make an argument
for any of those pgs ahead of Lonzo and not really be wrong.

He's averaging 5 PPG/4 APG/2 RPG on 32% FG (25% from three). He's a long ways away but sort of goes unnoticed despite playing in a huge market and getting drafted ahead of Dennis Smith. You know the Lonzo stuff is getting overblown when people are acting like Frank is playing better.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Pacers w/ a better record than the Thunder. Remember when people were irrationally flipping out about how much of a ripoff the PG trade was for Indy?

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
http://thebiglead.com/2017/06/30/indiana-pacers-paul-george-trade-oladipo-scored-big/

That was about the only real article that was positive towards the Pacers about the trade. When PG leaves after the season most likely, trade could be disastrous for the Thunder. Still very early in the season so plenty of time for Thunder to straighten things out but realistically, that team didn't seem to be championship material. Still only one team that is absent injury to that team (Warriors).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Both Oladipo and Sabonis were uninspiring for OKC, so it wasn't a big loss for them. PG gives them an outside shot at beating GSW, and if that happened he'd probably re-sign. It's a gamble, but it's better to take a shot rather than get kicked out of the first round again, especially since worst case scenario Russ can always get that far by himself. Hell the trade was probably worth it just to show Russ they're committed to winning and get him to resign.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking part of the uninspiring play was Russ. It was the Russ show last year, at least from an outside looking in perspective.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Steph gets the least respect from refs of any superstar that I've ever seen. Yes, he reaches in too much but this is ridiculous.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck Warriors.

It's like they have these little pockets of their usual greatness and then just go "alright, time to chill". Just terrible consistency.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck Warriors.

It's like they have these little pockets of their usual greatness and then just go "alright, time to chill". Just terrible consistency.

I just don't think they really care at this point. Frustrating to watch for sure though, lol. Also I'm still struggling to see the offensive foul that they called on Steph to toss him out.

Face it Tiger..

Member with musical taste™
Oct 25, 2017
Canuckistan
Wow, Drummond injured.. feel bad for the pistons.

EDIT: he byke

I wish the T-Wolves updated their mascot, his suit looks a lil' cheap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.