• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Your optimism and repping is wild after I spent the last 3 weeks telling yall to chill lol.

Last night was wild in TO. So happy I same out and experienced the city after the win.
Bro. No offense, but are you a raptor fan at all? How long have you legit been a fan? Do you actually live here and follow the leafs and Jays? You know my attitude is the rule, not the exception right? Lmfao

I don't mean to be totally derisive but if you don't get the context of why this team/franchise/city drives ppl up the wall, you either haven't been paying attention since Vince Carter and Chris Childs (not to mention all the Leafs fuck-ups) or you're not nearly as invested as other ppls have been for the nearly 25 years we've been around.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I think Raps are going to make this a lot more competitive than people realize. There defense is no joke.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im the biggest raptors fans here. My favorite raptor, a little guy you might have forgotten named Vance Cirter

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Bro. No offense, but are you a raptor fan at all?

Lmao

How long have you legit been a fan?

Lmao

Do you actually live here and follow the leafs and Jays? You know my attitude is the rule, not the exception right? Lmfao

I let myself be stoic this year after Bron made us his sons last year. I know the history of sports in the city. The amount of times I have left the arena after game 1 losses sad is immeasurable. I'm crazy hyped right now for their win.

Doesn't change calling game in the 1st quarter is dumb.

zbon

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto!
OG coming back would be huge as another highly switchable defender. Supposedly he's doing light work on the court as of last night but still no word on whether he'll play.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro. No offense, but are you a raptor fan at all? How long have you legit been a fan? Do you actually live here and follow the leafs and Jays? You know my attitude is the rule, not the exception right? Lmfao

I don't mean to be totally derisive but if you don't get the context of why this team/franchise/city drives ppl up the wall, you either haven't been paying attention since Vince Carter and Chris Childs (not to mention all the Leafs fuck-ups) or you're not nearly as invested as other ppls have been for the nearly 25 years we've been around.
Do u think us raps fans and those who live in tdot, will change this mantra now raps made it to finals? Will the culture and attitude change?

I feel like most of that is hinged on leafs. Jays and raps have had better success before last night.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Congrats, you also beat them without Kawhi this season lol
No lie. That win in Oakland where we blew them out without Kawhi was the most impressive performance I've ever seen from this team. The Warriors came out super flat but the Raptors had a fantastic game plan, came out calm/focused and executed on mismatches to near perfection.

I implore everyone to watch this shit before jumping to conclusions about this series.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Do u think us raps fans and those who love in tdot, will change this mantra now raps made it to finals? Will the culture and attitude change?

I feel like most of that is hinged on leafs. Jays and raps have had better success before last night.

The Raps deserve all the credit in the world. They have been getting better each year and this was their chance to make the finals and they took it.

I think people really believe this year. I do. TO is a hockey town first but Jays and Raps have been better over the last 6 years. I think if we can get the ship people's mentality will start to shift.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Raptors fans going at each other is the opposite of Big Baller. Don't be a Small Baller. Raps are going 2004 Pistons (without KD). 👐

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Do u think us raps fans and those who love in tdot, will change this mantra now raps made it to finals? Will the culture and attitude change?

Yes. Absolutely 100%. Last night wasn't a celebration like that because it was the ECF. It was because for once a team didn't fuck up at home in a big spot. They actually fucking won.

This city has this collective stick up their ass removed.

That Jays win in 92/93 is practically ancient history for many ppl here, so this is the first time they can appreciate something momentous like this.

The Raptors are truly New Toronto's team. The city of immigrants, diversity and togetherness regardless of where you're from, free from prejudice. Drake was right when he said it was a special bond.

You go through years of Hoffa and Bargnani and the super litany of other scrubs that played here and you don't feel like you'll ever reach this point.

Whatever happens now is gravy, real talk.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Lmao

Lmao

I let myself be stoic this year after Bron made us his sons last year. I know the history of sports in the city. The amount of times I have left the arena after game 1 losses sad is immeasurable. I'm crazy hyped right now for their win.

Doesn't change calling game in the 1st quarter is dumb.
You're right on the money with that. That's typical hot take shit in the moment. And to be fair, they did play like garbage in game 1/2.

You learn, and you grow. It's all good. 👍✌️

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
You're right on the money with that. That's typical hot take shit in the moment. And to be fair, they did play like garbage in game 1/2.

You learn, and you grow. It's all good. 👍✌

Thet played garbage in game 2. I actually thought game 1 they played well.

We all gucci though. 4 more!! I really think they will make this a good series. Their defense has been other worldly this post season.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Absolutely 100%. Last night wasn't a celebration like that because it was the ECF. It was because for once a team didn't fuck up at home in a big spot. They actually fucking won.

That Jays win in 92/93 is practically ancient history for many ppl here, so this is the first time they can appreciate something momentous like this.

The Raptors are truly New Toronto's team. The city of immigrants, diversity and togetherness regardless of where you're from, free from prejudice. Drake was right when he said it was a special bond.

You go through years of Hoffa and Bargnani and the super litany of other scrubs that played here and you don't feel like you'll ever reach this point.

Well said

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Raps get swept and Kawhi bounces, it's still the best trade and best player in Raps history.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
All I can think about is Kawhi vs GSW the year he got gooned out of the playoffs. I'm not counting this beast out.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017

Im so glad you said this because I remember when it was first announced that Toronto was getting an NBA franchise there was a lot of backlash from people claiming that Toronto was a hockey town and basketball doesn't belong here. This was from actual Torontonians. The Raptors are truly New Toronto's team. You can see it in the crowds.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't cheer for Golden State, but I'm still feeling that quadruple bounce shot man. That was just too painful.

Also Fuck Drake.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Sportsnet gets the odd games and TSN the even.

IbBkSQIl.png

Thank you!!

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Raps in 4.

Or The Warriors crush the Craptors and KD takes another FMVP from Curry. There's gonna be tons of slander and fuckery either way, so I'm good.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
My bet is on a 7 game series in which the Raps only win their home games. I'm not even going to be upset if GSW beats us, they are a ridiculous team. If I'm Nick Nurse I just play the long game, feed off our amazing crowd at home and rest everytime we play away. No matter what, you made it to the finals and there's nowhere to go from here, you either win it or lose it.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Thet played garbage in game 2. I actually thought game 1 they played well.

We all gucci though. 4 more!! I really think they will make this a good series. Their defense has been other worldly this post season.
For sure, 100%. You're definitely a more rational sports fan than I am. I lose all sense of logic and reason watching this team in the moment, so that shows up in my posts haha. But you point out exactly why I'm side-eyeing all these ppl saying the warriors will definitely stomp us. I mean, maybe? They're a great team for sure. But just based on our roster and overall team defense? I don't know if it's the beat down ppl anticipate it'll be? People overlook how strong this team actually is. If only Green/Gasol get it going. Then we have a series for sure. Especially since Serge/Norm/Fred have stepped up as well.
Thanks bro. I truly admire your relentless positivity throughout these playoffs. 👍
Im so glad you said this because I remember when it was first announced that Toronto was getting an NBA franchise there was a lot of backlash from people claiming that Toronto was a hockey town and basketball doesn't belong here. This was from actual Torontonians. The Raptors are truly New Toronto's team. You can see it in the crowds.
It's true. Leaf fans are mostly white, but definitely not all. You can see this in the crowds too. They're usually from the surrounding GTA suburbs or small-town Ontario and are from an era in Toronto that's seemingly long past. And in the long-run, they'll either adapt, accept that basketball in this city is here to stay, or they'll eventually be overrun by crazed raptor fans.

And that crazy diversity, and you don't see it until you're here or in a crowd of Raptor fans, is why I really have such an attachment and love for the team. Because it does represent the true underlying face of this city.

Anyway, I'm very excited for this series. The Warriors are the ultimate challenge, I respect them and their fans quite a lot ( they - the true Oracle diehards before they got priced out - are basically just like us Raptor fans) and I'm amped to see how our guys respond on a worldwide stage on Thursday.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
For sure, 100%. You're definitely a more rational sports fan than I am. I lose all sense of logic and reason watching this team in the moment, so that shows up in my posts haha.

I had my heart broken too many times, I just went so stoic because of it haha

But you point out exactly why I'm side-eyeing all these ppl saying the warriors will definitely stomp us. I mean, maybe? They're a great team for sure. But just based on our roster and overall team defense?

Toronto's defense has been so good this post season. It really has me excited. I don't think this is a sweep, I think it will be a very competitive series.

I don't know if it's the beat down ppl anticipate it'll be? People overlook how strong this team actually is. If only Green/Gasol get it going. Then we have a series for sure. Especially since Serge/Norm/Fred have stepped up as well.

If the Raps play to their ability it's going to be a long series. If the Raps can keep the Warriors 3 bombs under control they have a great chance.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I hear GS just signed Zaza.

Also, Giannis got exposed this series. Unlike Simmons though, I'm sure he'll put in the hard work to improve his weaknesses.

mashoutposse

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Alright Raptors me caping for y'all better not bite me in the ass

I believe in you

Stop throwing out "motion offense" when you're not understanding the game planning and point of attack Raps are going to go for

It isn't as simple as Warriors' "motion offense" is gonna give the Raptors problems. Like what? Are Warriors not gonna be playing any defense themselves, are they not gonna be worn down if Raptors take the lead and grind out every single possession making Curry run (on defense) as much as possible, something the Cavs and 2017 Spurs proved works?

This Raps team didn't just neutralize Giannis and 4 players standing still (which by the way is a huge insult to the actual offensive system Bucks were running with this year, they utilized pace and space probably about as best as I have seen). They also neutralized and grinded out against a team with literally four all stars that they needed to lock down each and every second. Warriors main advantage is going to be their 3 point shooting, but to say they will shoot that much better than even the Bucks is unrealistic unless they straight up go 45% from 3 the entire series.

This Raptors team construction, play-style, and composition eerily reminds me of a younger and more athletic 2017 Spurs

Before Kawhi went down a team that started Patty Mills, 36 year old Pau Gasol, LMA, Kawhi, and Danny Green had a 21 point lead over the greatest post season team in NBA history.

Raps are the best transition defense team in the league, which is a huge aspect of what the Warriors thrive off of.

Everyone needs to stop simplifying this down to "motion offense" because that isn't going to be the determining factor for the winner of this series

Sample size of 1.

I was at that game. Very early start (12:30PM PT) series opener after a long rest; those guys clearly weren't sharp.

Warriors just came back from large 2nd half deficits in 3 games in a row; we'll never know if they would've come back if Zaza didn't save them, but they're clearly capable.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
It doesnt mean anything. Bucks beat us 3-1 too.
playoffs are different, the last time the spurs won it all i think they lost 0-4 to like every top team in the west in the regular season

im not gonna count out kawhi, but gsw have cranked it up a notch lately, the only thing to worry is if pluggin back durant and /or cousins messes up their flow

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Harden played well in the playoffs. Giannis was very underwhelming. Harden was also better in the regular season. Yet Giannis will win MVP over Harden, and will appear above Curry in media's player rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.