• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about everyone else ITT in general

Then why are you quoting me and saying I'm obtuse when the post I quoted literally said this:

You'd think that after all these years some you would've learned the difference between a regular season game and a playoff matchup, but that doesn't to be the case.

Then you say " no shit regular season doesn't matter"

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
fucking shed a tear seeing this.

from north philly to our city. dude pretty much legit saved basketball in this city. props to big collars colon jello for making that trade when risking it all for nash didn't workout. kyle, not demar, was always the heart and soul of the team. it was concerning when he completely forgot how to shoot from about november to about february, but he figured it out and was huge for us this series.

you never really see that type of legit emotion from kyle and it shows how badly they wanted it and that just getting past that dreaded ecf hump is pretty meaningful.

That was my favourite part of the game. I love Lowry, dude deserves this

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curry gets no respect!? Have you not heard the "Golden State is better without Durant!" takes? Curry is going to go down as the greatest PG of all time. Yes, even better than that failed talk show host, GM, president, and husband.

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
lmao

UbeClYU.jpg

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Curry aint get no respect still.

Each series preview is like clockwork:

"You can beat up curry"
" put X defender on curry to really bother him"
"You can just trap curry, take the ball out curys hands and boom now theres only 1 shooter"
You can you can you can

And within the same sentence or segment: oh dame is a bad man. Kyrie gonna do his thing, harden gonna get his, kawhi gonna get his, giannis will will a force in the finals

I mean dang. No one else can be affected in previews lol

One day we'll see he's been the one doing, not being done to for the better part of 5 years even with the bad finals loss.
Shrug

Curry gets more respect than any of the guys you mentioned. The only reason why you hear those things about Harden and Giannis is because they dont have 4 other all stars on their team.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say this, but if you replaced Harden with Giannis the Bucks would be a dynasty in the making. Harden, Brogdan, Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez would destroy the East easily.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Curry gets more respect than any of the guys you mentioned. The only reason why you hear those things about Harden and Giannis is because they dont have 4 other all stars on their team.
can't say I agree.

In the GS MIL finals preview (heh), you heard about MIL's length, Hill Bledsoe and Brogdaan being able to do damage to curry.
While conversely there was no answer for Giannis, who hasn't done jack in comparison (I like him, not insulting him, but it's the truth).
How often did you see "The combination of Green, KD (if healthy), and Iggy/whatever big forming a wall can shut down Giannis on offense" I mostly heard he would go off against no real big man.

I didn't hear that once. Not on TV or anywhere. but eh.
and that's not bringing up the fact he was called the best player in the world for doing...

That's a lot of respect to me to surpass KD and Lebron instantly

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
some of yall are wildin

also, Curry doesn't get the respect he deserves from some, but the amount of times mory dunz talks about him more than makes up for it.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
some of yall are wildin

also, Curry doesn't get the respect he deserves from some, but the amount of times mory dunz talks about him more than makes up for it.
lol yo I rip him the most too tho

I only went full fanboy....maybe around like game 3 of the Portland series.
Besides from that I might be the hardest on him lol let's not forget. But now I have to root hard since it's the Finals. And cause guys like AD, KAT, Giannis, WB, Kyrie whoever have been called better than him for years now. Nah.

This HOU series was pathetic unless he closed game 6
Like Linkage said, if just played halfway decent, they could've swept HOU 4-0. He was that horrible until KD's injury, and I called him out.

hou 2019 and cavs 2016 are his 2 bad playoff series this run.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the Raptors on your first NBA Finals appearance. Shame you're gonna have to lose in five.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
can't say I agree.

In the GS MIL finals preview (heh), you heard about MIL's length, Hill Bledsoe and Brogdaan being able to do damage to curry.
While conversely there was no answer for Giannis, who hasn't done jack in comparison (I like him, not insulting him, but it's the truth).
How often did you see "The combination of Green, KD (if healthy), and Iggy/whatever big forming a wall can shut down Giannis on offense" I mostly heard he would go off against no real big man.

I didn't hear that once. Not on TV or anywhere. but eh.
and that's not bringing up the fact he was called the best player in the world for doing...

That's a lot of respect to me to surpass KD and Lebron instantly

I mean, when you've won 3 out of the 4 last years a lot of what you are saying is taken for granted.

Like I'm pretty sure the Warriors are the overwhelming favourites in any match up. In regards to Curry, a lot of his "unstoppable Curry" narrative died when they blew the 3-1 lead and got KD and seeing how defenses like Houston and the Cavs have limited some of his effectiveness. I don't think there is any huge media bias against him. Media loves Giannis and Harden to a dumb degree though I agree.

Lexxism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is that 30min video available online?

I've been scouring Sportnet.ca for 15min, but I can't seem to find it anywhere

T_T
Yes. It was available on SN until 12:30 pm. What is usually shown on TV shows up on .ca too. You totally missed it this morning when you asked about it. I guess your only option is to watch in on youtube for the highlights. I don't think that video was anywhere on the site anymore until they show it again.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Curry is already a lock for Top 2 PG. The last mountain to climb is surpassing Magic which will require either more rings or MVPs.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I assumed it was in history.

I think it's obvious he is top 10 in the league currently.
It's going to be hard to crack the top 10 best players of all time unless he wins a few more rings, or a few more MVPs.

The way I see it as follows:

1 more ring, FMVP and one more regular season MVP
2 more rings, 2 FMVPs
3 more rings, 1 FMVP

If he does more than that then he might crack the top 5. All of this has to be done while still being an Allstar and and an all NBA player. He's 31 right now, so he has a few more years of being an All NBA player so we'll see.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Why does everyone in the world think this grants people magic powers?

brothervoodoo.gif

"I was just a mild-mannered reporter, until one fateful day I wasn't voted to an All-NBA team."

Notice how I said "I hope" and not "Klay is gonna drop 80.... book it" (as you can see, these are two entirely different statements)....if you don't think he was upset about being snubbed...literally cost him $$ in his contract negotiations as he's not eligible for the supermax.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be hard to crack the top 10 best players of all time unless he wins a few more rings, or a few more MVPs.

The way I see it as follows:

1 more ring, FMVP and one more regular season MVP
2 more rings, 2 FMVPs
3 more rings, 1 FMVP

If he does more than that then he might crack the top 5. All of this has to be done while still being an Allstar and and an all NBA player. He's 31 right now, so he has a few more years of being an All NBA player so we'll see.
Curry's legacy will be cemented by what he does after KD leaves. He doesn't really need that many rings or Finals MVPs if he can get another title on "his own"

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, when you've won 3 out of the 4 last years a lot of what you are saying is taken for granted.

Like I'm pretty sure the Warriors are the overwhelming favourites in any match up. In regards to Curry, a lot of his "unstoppable Curry" narrative died when they blew the 3-1 lead and got KD and seeing how defenses like Houston and the Cavs have limited some of his effectiveness. I don't think there is any huge media bias against him. Media loves Giannis and Harden to a dumb degree though I agree.
oh no one has an unstoppable narrative for sure. Except maybe lebron, but he's lost 2x finals than he's won, so not even him really outside the East.
Even to your point I think the CLE (and sometimes HOU) stuff is a bit overplayed. Since Curry has had great finals against them 3-4 times.

eh, I guess it's just what I feel I see. And I probably won't be convinced otherwise tbh.
After choking 3-1 against GS, KD didn't drop out of the top 5 or top 10. despite going cold 8-24 in the biggest opportunity closeout, game 6.
Nor should he have. He's K dang D.
Neither did Westbrook, despite going full WB late in that series they choked.

after Curry choked 3-1 vs Lebron, Kyrie, WB, Lebron, Kawhi, KD, AD, Harden, maybe PG(?), then later KAT, Embiid & Giannis all got higher billing or ranked as better. Which is pretty dang laughable to me looking back

I don't want to go too off the deep end though with all the Curry stuff though. Most of the time I'm messing around. I wouldn't even care all that much if they lost.....since it ain't lebron >_>

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yes. It was available on SN until 12:30 pm. What is usually shown on TV shows up on .ca too. You totally missed it this morning when you asked about it. I guess your only option is to watch in on youtube for the highlights. I don't think that video was anywhere on the site anymore until they show it again.
What a bizarre decision.

Just upload it to YouTube if you're gonna take it down from your own website.

I just wanna hear Leo and Matt.

TNT is just too impartial, lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Against the defensive back-court dynamo known as Dame "MOMMY I WANNA BE FIRST TEAM" Lillard and CJ "I'm carrying the offensive load because Dame is a bitch" McCollum
Every team that gets beat gets the "they weren't good since they got beat" treatment, which ends in every winner being a winner only over frauds which makes the winners frauds too

Status
Not open for further replies.