• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What will be awesome is if Detroit is a top 4 team in the East and Toronto falls off. Do you think someone trades for Derozan or Lowry?

Edit: I went to the Lebron signs thread, that thing is horrible

You are my new best friend.

Honestly, I expect us to be 8th seed. Injuries are a problem with Reggie Jackson and Blake Griffin. I really like Bullock and Kennard though. Hopefully Stanley Johnson can improve his 3, we'll see what Casey and the team can do.

As for the Raps man, I feel like LeBron was just in there head tbh. I feel like if they can't make it to the ECF this year they're gonna destroy it all.

Wow, Windhorst is saying he thinks this is Lebron waving the white flag at the Warriors and Durant outmaneuvering him. Said that LA being a title team wasn't a requirement in his decision and won't be going forward.

It's been said before but this move was mainly a family-decision, not a need another ring decision.

I don't expect Bron to make it to the WCF this year.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If paying KCP last year and this year was the cost of doing business to lure Lebron, so be it. At least they didn't get locked into a long contract ala Tristan or JR.

Of course the Clippers sign a dude named Michael Scott. Makes perfect sense. If only there was some unwanted dude named Dwight out there for the taking.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pistons would have been the 8th seed this yesr without the Cava and now they have a much better coach. They are making the playoffs.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
LeBron going to the Lakers isn't waving the white flag on chipping. It's banking on the Lakers young core plus flexibility to improve dramatically next year. For example, what is the better team:

Lakers with LeBron, Kawhi, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart (maybe Randle) and maybe one really good player who's not quite a max guy but is a difference maker?

Or 76ers with LeBron, Simmons, Embiid, Covington, Saric, Reddick and whatever Fultz might be?

Either team is great, but that Lakers squad is better in my opinion, and a healthy Kawhi is better than Embiid or Simmons.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
If paying KCP last year and this year was the cost of doing business to lure Lebron, so be it. At least they didn't get locked into a long contract ala Tristan or JR.

Of course the Clippers sign a dude named Michael Scott. Makes perfect sense. If only there was some unwanted dude named Dwight out there for the taking.
Lol.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
LeBron going to the Lakers isn't waving the white flag on chipping. It's banking on the Lakers young core plus flexibility to improve dramatically next year. For example, what is the better team:

Lakers with LeBron, Kawhi, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart (maybe Randle) and maybe one really good player who's not quite a max guy but is a difference maker?

Or 76ers with LeBron, Simmons, Embiid, Covington, Saric, Reddick and whatever Fultz might be?

Either team is great, but that Lakers squad is better in my opinion, and a healthy Kawhi is better than Embiid or Simmons.
LA's young guys would have to make a big jump. And Kawhi would have to be back at his finals MVP level.

Not at all impossible, but there's a lot of work to do.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Cap experts: why doesn't LA just hold onto their young core and get Kawhi as a free agent next year? Is this financially possible? Seems like that'd be more beneficial in the long run than dealing a bunch of stuff to get him this year.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Cap experts: why doesn't LA just hold onto their young core and get Kawhi as a free agent next year? Is this financially possible? Seems like that'd be more beneficial in the long run than dealing a bunch of stuff to get him this year.

Mainly because of what Paul George did just two days ago. That's the argument, at least.

On the other hand, I present to you, Melo, the Knicks, and the Nuggets.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
yes

That's why all their signings have been 1 year deals.

Thing is he you might not get him next year, also LeBron will be a year older. That's the risk.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
There is no scenario where Lakers trade for Kawhi and still have all the young guys. Ingram will 100% be gone. And likely either Hart or Kuzma.

I'm talking about LeBron going to a team that would have room for two max slots or close to it in 2019 and Kawhi already talking about wanting to go there. LeBron going to the Lakers isn't him conceding competing for a championship, it's him willing to sacrifice a year (if the Lakers don't trade for Kawhi) for arguably the best spot he could be in the next year.
LA's young guys would have to make a big jump. And Kawhi would have to be back at his finals MVP level.

Not at all impossible, but there's a lot of work to do.

I feel like you are underestimating Kawhi. If he's healthy, he's the best wing defender in the league and one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Top 4 player. Embiid is arguably the best center and Simmons has a ton of potential, but that's not an ideal fit for LeBron. Plus, Simmons inability to score really hurt Philly against Boston - and while Lonzo needs to improve his shooting his deficiency doesn't hurt nearly as much as Simmons.

Look at it like this: Kawhi is better than Embiid full stop. So "role" players for Lakers would be Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball and maybe Randle. I like that more than Simmons, Saric and Fultz. If Fultz becomes a good young player then talent is about equal but then I think the basketball fit is still better with the Lakers.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I'm in the minority, but I would definitely move for Kawhi now rather than waiting and hoping on next year provided the price is reasonable.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Letting go of Randle's rights opens up $12.5 million in space for the Lakers. Kawhi related?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron
Lance
Javale
Ball Family
Kuzma/Hart
IT
Rondo

The team is literally going to murder each other before the trade deadline

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
This Rondo deal makes no sense. Rondo only makes sense if you absolutely need a ball handler which is the one thing the Lakers are good on.

Status
Not open for further replies.