• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Spurs can't just trade him anywhere, similar to Kyrie last year. He won't agree to sign an extension to any place he doesn't want to go. Meaning the Spurs get way less in return.

Kawhi PG and LeBron teaming up. Next year gonna be fun.

They don't owe him anything. Like they can just as easily not trade him and make him play then dump him for garbage at the deadline or make him sit out the whole season if thats all they're getting now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Welp so much for Kawhi then. He goes into trash pile with Durant and Kyrie as far as I am concerned. Leaving a great situation and opportunity due to his own apparent immaturity and ego.

Which really sucks. I always liked him alot because he was a great player without an ego on him. Its a rare thing these days.

Why does he have to be "ego and immature" because he wants to play elsewhere? None of us really know 100% of what has been going on behind the scenes, but what if he just wants to play somewhere else? People change jobs for that reason all the time. The unreasonable expectations and standards some of you ascribe to these plays is unreal sometimes. Like asking for a trade makes you a selfish asshole. Meanwhile coaches and GMs cut and trade players every season and nobody cries about loyalty or ego.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
The longer you wait the less his value becomes..

I don't really think thats even true. There are questions about his health right now and teams may be more willing to deal stuff at the deadline if they're competitive or something happens to the Warriors etc. Like ideally you move him now but they aren't going to be held hostage the same way Cleveland was with Kyrie

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They don't owe him anything. Like they can just as easily not trade him and make him play then dump him for garbage at the deadline or make him sit out the whole season if thats all they're getting now.
Lakers will be happy to wait until next year if they have too. Especially if they get him for free at that point.

Spurs would be silly to not just take the best offer from the teams on his shortlist.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

They don't owe him anything, but it's in their best interest to move him when there are the most potential suitors. Waiting until the deadline is risky. You don't know who is going to be willing by that point. The Spurs don't have a ton of leverage, due to Kawhi only having one season left, but it's still more valuable than half a season. If Kawhi makes it clear he's hell bent on going to free agency nobody is giving you shit for 3 months of his services. A smart team (which the Spurs are) is not going to deal with this from a position of spite.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
I don't really think thats even true. There are questions about his health right now and teams may be more willing to deal stuff at the deadline if they're competitive or something happens to the Warriors etc. Like ideally you move him now but they aren't going to be held hostage the same way Cleveland was with Kyrie

100% true...he holds out then what does that say to the FO trading for him? He hasn't played in 1+ years, who's to say where his game is at so long removed. 1 year left on his deal isn't along time to play around with this situation.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm tired of winning brehs.

LeBronZo otw
vQ7ST5G.gif

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Package will be

BI, Kuz, Deng, First Round pick

welcome home Kawhi

All team Los Angeles otw

Lonzo (Chino Hills), PG (Palmdale), Kawhi (Riverside), LeBron (LA Bron), Brook (LA)

it is time brehs

Championship 2019 here we come

why did you all doubt me

Never bet against FZZ

may my influence and profoundness reverberate throughout the planet

I am the only untouchable asset

we are all Big Ballers on this Blessed day

BBB

bionic77 NinjaScooter Liquidsnake EDeadman94 henhowc Sandfox Darkwing-Buck VCFL

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
100% true...he holds out then what does that say to the FO trading for him? He hasn't played in 1 years + who's to say where his game is at so long removed. 1 year isn't along time to play around with this situation.

Right like Kyrie threatened to sit out the entire last season with an injury if the Cavs didn't move him, Kawhi isn't going to do the same thing because hes already missed the entire season with an injury. He's going to have to play this year.

Spurs probably have packages they want in mind already and if they're aren't getting it then they'll just wait. They're not going to take Luol Deng back in a deal for Kawhi or whatever

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

There is no way one year of Kawhi will be less valuable than three months of Kawhi. Teams can check his medicals and have their staffs check him out of there are any long term concerns. Teams will be lining up to trade for Kawhi, despite the fact that he missed an entire season. He's 27 and was one of the 2-3 best players in the league the last time he played.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
100% true...he holds out then what does that say to the FO trading for him? He hasn't played in 1+ years, who's to say where his game is at so long removed. 1 year left on his deal isn't along time to play around with this situation.

I think as long as his medical team and Lakers/Philly/"insert team"/etc. medical team says he's good to go, people will offer trades.

Kawhi's amazing man. Ice cold. He'll guard anyone. He'll score on anyone. Yea he can't score like KD, he doesn't have the vision/passing skills of LeBron, but he's elite offensively and defensively. Any team that gets him is an automatic competitor. If you put him, Bron, and Paul George? God damn.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why does he have to be "ego and immature" because he wants to play elsewhere? None of us really know 100% of what has been going on behind the scenes, but what if he just wants to play somewhere else? People change jobs for that reason all the time. The unreasonable expectations and standards some of you ascribe to these plays is unreal sometimes. Like asking for a trade makes you a selfish asshole. Meanwhile coaches and GMs cut and trade players every season and nobody cries about loyalty or ego.

Normally I would agree, but all 3 cases (including Kawhi) reek of ego and immaturity. Kawhi wouldn't even meet and talk to Pop leading into the finals and in the offseason as well. He also sat on the bench and refused to play. He cost his team any chance they had of succeeding in the playoffs. And now he is demanding to be traded despite still having time on his contract and being on a good team with a hall of fame coach. But no he wants to leave cuz reasons.

No I don't wanna talk to you anymore. I don't wanna play with that guy anymore. I wanna go play with someone else.

The same thing happened with Durant and Kyrie. If you don't wanna blame them or judge them thats fine, but I don't like players that pull that crap. No matter what sport it is. Grown athletes behaving like kids on a playground. Pouting and complaining all while completely refusing to cooperate in any way shape or form.

Say what you will about LeBron leaving his teams, but at least when LeBron left he had a reason and he never demanded to be let go immediately. The first time he left Cleveland was because they were garbage. He had no help and management didn't wanna get him any help. When he left Miami it was because he wanted to go back home and bring his home state a championship. And now he is on the brink of leaving due to having no help again.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tired of TOPhate and his Utah white voodoo shit he's trying to put on me and my team in LA

SALTlake city brehs

ROY Donovan Mitchell brehs

Ben Simmons is a fucking bitch

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I would agree, but all 3 cases (including Kawhi) reek of ego and immaturity. Kawhi wouldn't even meet and talk to Pop leading into the finals and in the offseason as well. He also sat on the bench and refused to play. He cost his team any chance they had of succeeding in the playoffs. And now he is demanding to be traded despite still having time on his contract and being on a good team with a hall of fame coach. But no he wants to leave cuz reasons.

No I don't wanna talk to you anymore. I don't wanna play with that guy anymore. I wanna go play with someone else.

The same thing happened with Durant and Kyrie. If you don't wanna blame them or judge them thats fine, but I don't like players that pull that crap. No matter what sport it is. Grown athletes behaving like kids on a playground. Pouting and complaining all while completely refusing to cooperate in any way shape or form.

Say what you will about LeBron leaving his teams, but at least when LeBron left he had a reason and he never demanded to be let go immediately. The first time he left Cleveland was because they were garbage. He had no help and management didn't wanna get him any help. When he left Miami it was because he wanted to go back home and bring his home state a championship. And now he is on the brink of leaving due to having no help again.

You are assuming that you know what his relationship with the team is. You are assuming that because we have this image of Pop being a great guy, that anybody who has a disagreement with him must be an asshole and a villain.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always said LeBronZo was the prophecy

nothing else was guranteed

EDeadman94 I am sorry, but we are on our way to the promised land
And it is not at all a guarantee that Ball won't be moved for Kawhi/a vet/a friend of LeBron.

You get a 2019 Finals. But the monkey paw will take its payment.

I personally can't wait btw. Lakers Warriors WCF will be lit as fuck. Go Lakers.

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kawhi really ended up being a punk bish in the grand scheme of things , sucks that Spurs had to deal with that bs.

I don't see Spurs accommodating him or the Lakers for that matter though.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And it is not at all a guarantee that Ball won't be moved for Kawhi/a vet/a friend of LeBron.

You get a 2019 Finals. But the monkey paw will take its payment.

I personally can't wait btw. Lakers Warriors WCF will be lit as fuck. Go Lakers.

Tired of TOPhate and his Utah white voodoo shit he's trying to put on me and my team in LA

SALTlake city brehs

ROY Donovan Mitchell brehs

Ben Simmons is a fucking bitch

We are not getting rid of all of them

you try to push the monkey paw so much it might end up claiming your team instead...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi really ended up being a punk bish in the grand scheme of things , sucks that Spurs had to deal with that bs.

I don't see Spurs accommodating him or the Lakers for that matter though.

Honestly if Kawhi feels betrayed, I wonder why that is. We automatically assume that the player is a bitch, but isn't there a chance the organization fucked up?

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Right like Kyrie threatened to sit out the entire last season with an injury if the Cavs didn't move him, Kawhi isn't going to do the same thing because hes already missed the entire season with an injury. He's going to have to play this year.

Spurs probably have packages they want in mind already and if they're aren't getting it then they'll just wait. They're not going to take Luol Deng back in a deal for Kawhi or whatever

He technically can opt for surgery (scare tissue repair) on his bicep at any point. I had this discussion with a colleague last week and it's been something we've been saying has gone under the radar for months now. He held out this year for that very reason of controlling his own rehab —the Spurs medical staff gave him bad advice on his ankle after game 1 of the 2017 playoff season and ever since then Kawhi and his camp lost faith in the team.

Plus the low ball Jordan shoe deal didn't help at all.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
At the beginning of the season we could only dream of Bron/Kawhi/PG, now it's a real possibility

what a time to be alive fam

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't a team that signs a player in free agency from another team resign them in the middle of the new contract to the super max?

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Can't the Lakers just sign and trade Randle as salary ballast in place of Deng in a Kawhi trade? Or are there cap/CBA problems with that that I am missing? Something like Ingram/Kuzma/Randle seems a lot more plausible in a Kawhi deal than trying to include Deng.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

you try to push the monkey paw so much it might end up claiming your team instead...

I'm probably in the minority, but I hope you guys keep Ingram and trade Ball + etc.

I've talked about Lonzo before, he's a good player and will only get better, but I think he'll need another season to find his shot and become truley consistent.

If you get Bron you don't need his vision/passing skills as much, and Ingram can help with depth/scoring/etc.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
You are assuming that you know what his relationship with the team is. You are assuming that because we have this image of Pop being a great guy, that anybody who has a disagreement with him must be an asshole and a villain.

Yeah no one knows what really happened. But its hard for anyone to actually take Kawhi's side when nobody in his camp talks about whats going on at any point. Dude just lets the Spurs and media craft the entire narrative of whats going on. His uncle seems less like some malicious villain and more incompetent than anything

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if Kawhi feels betrayed, I wonder why that is. We automatically assume that the player is a bitch, but isn't there a chance the organization fucked up?

Some people hate when players take agency over their own careers as opposed to letting billionaires tell them where and when to play. The goalposts keep moving. Kyrie asks for a trade with two years on his contract? He's a bitch. KD waits until free agency to leave? He's a bitch. Kawhi asks for a trade with one year left? He's a bitch. LeBron never asks for a trade and always plays out his contract? He's a bitch. Notice the front offices who trade these guys against their wishes or once they've outlived their usefullness are never the bitch. Then it's just "a business".

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably in the minority, but I hope you guys keep Ingram and trade Ball + etc.

I've talked about Lonzo before, he's a good player and will only get better, but I think he'll need another season to find his shot and become truley consistent.

If you get Bron you don't need his vision/passing skills as much, and Ingram can help with depth/scoring/etc.

Bron wants to play off ball

with two other wings that can do it all and Lonzo at the helm feeding them?

we are going to be feasting

I want to keep BI too but I do not see any scenario where we keep BI and Zo

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Kuz seems like a better fit with those other guys to me.

Don't be mad bro. A top 5 player in the league is going to force his way to your team, and a top 15 and top 1 player are very likely to join in free agency. I'm not going to weep for you, even if the whole roster is gutted for those guys. I just really don't think a rookie is going to stand in the way of whatever master plan they are cooking up over there. But if LeBronzo happens I'll be happy for you. And obviously none of the jokes I've made here would have any bearing on that one way or any other.

Jazz will never be contenders in this superteam era. So no monkey paw here. My only goal is to get my name and tag changed, and I apparently I haven't done enough hating yet to make that happen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

If that isn't the case then Kawhi needs to speak the hell up. Because all I saw this year was his teammates, his team and his coach make every single effort to include him and talk to him and he stonewalled all of them and told them to kick rocks. He threw all of their hard work for the entire season down the drain by refusing to play and now is demanding that they trade him and is even trying to dictate where he is to be traded to.

So until we find out any kind of deeper meaning to all of this I am gonna take it all for what it is call him an asshole and put him right up there with Kyrie and Durant.

The Spurs and their fans deserve alot better than what he is doing to them.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuz seems like a better fit with those other guys to me.

Don't be mad bro. A top 5 player in the league is going to force his way to your team, and a top 15 and top 1 player are very likely to join in free agency. I'm not going to weep for you, even if the whole roster is gutted for those guys. I just really don't think a rookie is going to stand in the way of whatever master plan they are cooking up over there. But if LeBronzo happens I'll be happy for you. And obviously none of the jokes I've made here would have any bearing on that one way or any other.

Jazz will never be contenders in this superteam era. So no monkey paw here. My only goal is to get my name and tag changed, and I apparently I haven't done enough hating yet to make that happen.

TOPlove Jones

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
FZZ yeah, our teams success his stinging people wrongly. We should all appreciate a good entertaining product.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Some people hate when players take agency over their own careers as opposed to letting billionaires tell them where and when to play. The goalposts keep moving. Kyrie asks for a trade with two years on his contract? He's a bitch. KD waits until free agency to leave? He's a bitch. Kawhi asks for a trade with one year left? He's a bitch. LeBron never asks for a trade and always plays out his contract? He's a bitch. Notice the front offices who trade these guys against their wishes or once they've outlived their usefullness are never the bitch. Then it's just "a business".

I agree with what you say. I don't like Kevin Durant's decision, but dude is playing with a team with some of the best culture in basketball, that pass first, what player doesn't want that? Steph will set up screen's, he'll pass the ball, he'll play off ball, he'll take over, if your hot he'll pass it, that's appealing.

The shit LeBron gets is equally BS. He carried the Cavs every year before "the decision", and even if that TV show shit was stupid as fuck, he had every right to leave. Cleveland wasn't putting enough around him imo.

Bron wants to play off ball

with two other wings that can do it all and Lonzo at the helm feeding them?

we are going to be feasting

I want to keep BI too but I do not see any scenario where we keep BI and Zo

Does Bron want to play off-ball? I feel like he definitely can, and if he has an option he should.

But if you can only keep only one I'd say Ingram. Dude seems to be cold blooded and doesn't shy away from big moments. Your gonna need that.

Either way, as long as you have Lonzo or Ingram you guys should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.