• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Post it if safe for work, I don't have a twitter
oIC74g0a_400x400.jpg

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Idk who wins between the Bucks or the Raptors, but I'm leaning towards the Bucks. Their bench is much better and they have better shooters over all.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
The Raps seem poorly positioned here and I wouldn't be surprised if tonight's game isn't particularly close. The Bucks' big defensive "weakness" is a willingness to concede 3s, but (as Zach Lowe alluded to today in his article) Gasol in particular just isn't conditioned to have the hair trigger that punishes this. Plus the Raps are coming off less rest and appear to be down to a 6.5-man rotation -- you have to think the Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol lineups aren't going to fly against the Bucks' defense.

I'm rooting for the Raptors to step up and make this the series it could be, but I think every starter on the Raps needs to come in with a scoring mindset for them to have a chance. There were long stretches of the Sixers series where it looked like no one wanted to shoot. The Bucks are too good for them to count on "good defense plus Kawhi midrangers" as the plan. This is also a referendum on Nurse, imo.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm expecting Giannis or Lopez to be the one guarding Siakam and think they'll do to him what Embiid did last round, unless Siakam hits corner 3s at a good clip in this series but Milwaukee are also good at preventing those.

I'm not too optimistic about the Raptors' chances given how last round went but hopefully guys other than Kawhi will step up this round.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I think you stick Giannis on Siakam and take him out of the series, double Kawhi as much as possible, and dare Lowry/Gasol/Green/Ibaka/etc. to shoot.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I like Bucks in 5 or 6. After seeing what the Bucks defense did to the Celtics, I just think Toronto is going to have a hard time finding consistent scoring and I think it's a way more challenging matchup for their role players like Siakam and Gasol than Philly was. Milwaukee is so disciplined.

Oct 27, 2017
I like Bucks in 5 or 6. After seeing what the Bucks defense did to the Celtics, I just think Toronto is going to have a hard time finding consistent scoring and I think it's a way more challenging matchup for their role players like Siakam and Gasol than Philly was. Milwaukee is so disciplined.

I think Siakam will surprise you.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I want to see if Giannis checks Kawhi and if he can get off his quick pull up. It will be interesting if Bucks build a wall around the paint like they have been all year. Toronto isn't a great shooting team but Kawhi is probably the best mid range so something has to give.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7 games please.

I have a feeling they West won't do their part for an entertaining conference championship round

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see if Giannis checks Kawhi and if he can get off his quick pull up. It will be interesting if Bucks build a wall around the paint like they have been all year. Toronto isn't a great shooting team but Kawhi is probably the best mid range so something has to give.

I don't think he'll be the primary defender. Just puts him in too much danger of getting in foul trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.