ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Haha, the way people are saying they got one. It feels like they are disappointed they didn't have to fight a horde or jump through hoops to get the NES Classic.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just mentioning this again if anyone wants a wireless alternative for their additional controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071RD47FM

Mine arrives today, which is why I didn't inquire about getting an extra official controller.

Haha, the way people are saying they got one. It feels like they are disappointed they didn't have to fight a horde or jump through hoops to get the NES Classic.

A little disappointed, yeah.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only two other people at my local Wal-Mart when and my local Target will have more than 70 when the doors open later this morning.

Nintendo seems to have done a good job with this initial shipment and I hope they keep it up so that the scalpers are effectively finished.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing happened with my Gamestop order. I received an error message as my order was being completed twice. Tried again and it said I had bought the max number of systems allowed. Checked my email and PayPal says I submitted two separate orders and would be charged when my order is processed by Gamestop. Wondering if I need to go out to the store and look for one.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, was just about to head out to check stores but I got an email that my Best Buy order shipped. It's going by USPS too, so I should have it well before Tuesday.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Got one ordered from BBY last night at 2am when a Wario64 tweet woke me up. Will skip on the extra controller for now, as I don't know if I will even play the thing.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Didn't feel like going out today or lining up. Was able to get one through Best Buy though, without much of a problem online.

Now I can decide if it's worth keeping and, if not, sell it to someone at cost or return it to the store. I'm still undecided.

Deleted member 30569

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got the NES classic the first time around. Glad everyone is getting theirs this time around too. A couple of things:

- Yes, SNES classic and Wii Pro controllers all work with this. But the button layout for those don't feel 100% right for NES games, since the NES has the buttons horizontally aligned .
- The 4:3 and CRT options in the NES classic are... Not very good. Actually, to my personal taste, the CRT option is just downright terrible. All visuals are much improved in the SNES classic.
- That leaves the pixel perfect option, which for me is the best way to play these games on this unit.
- All that being said, for $60 this is unquestionably an outstanding deal. There are some true classics on here.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to track down one for each of my parents. They're not gamers but I played lots of NES games with them as a kid. I think they'd enjoy the nostalgia. Mom and I beat both Zeldas with only one call to the Nintendo hotline (We had no idea where to get the Magic Sword in the original). Somehow we beat Mickey Mousecapade too, but after going back and trying it years later, I'm not really sure how we did it. That game is brutal.

Snagged one from Amazon this morning. I'll have to track down another.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Picked one up earlier at Walmart. (I know. I know.)

There were a few customers in line also waiting for an NES Classic, but it wasn't so bad. I wasn't even nervous when the cashier limited it to two per customer.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its 2 hours before my Best Buy opens and no one is waiting outside.

Contrast this when the SNES classic came out and by this time there were already 75 people in line with more coming every minute.

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I put an order in with Best Buy online but it said the release date is July 12. I'm in no rush, but glad I can get one for retail price this time around.

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
Got the system from walmart and got an extra controller from gamestop.

Still can't believe they are only 10 bucks, i'll probably be upset I didnt get a spare.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could people tell me why they even consider buying this? You can do everything with a raspberry and even better.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Could people tell me why they even consider buying this? You can do everything with a raspberry and even better.

giphy.gif

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I went to Walmart last night at 11:00pm and got mine at 12pm. I only had 2 people behind me. I was expecting more but maybe the massive amounts of people come at around 7am?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Found two controllers at Walmart yesterday and they wouldn't sell them to me on the grounds that they were recalled.

Fuck you Walmart.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
What's a good controller to pick up for this? I think i have some original ones lying around do they work with this? The ones packed in look way too short.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
There's pixel interpolation so it eliminates shimmering when scrolling on certain games.

Ooh, interpolation can be important for certain games like Zelda II. Before it was implemented in an AVS firmware update, I'd have to play the game at 1:1 ratio just to avoid the "shimmering."

Mom and I beat both Zeldas with only one call to the Nintendo hotline (We had no idea where to get the Magic Sword in the original).
That's freaking awesome dude. Good luck!

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
Why even bother buying games when ya can steal em am i right?

no. if you own the physical cartridge you can download the game. it's piracy if you don't own the game. take for example the Wii U emulator Cemu. you could just go download Breath of the Wild but that's illegal of course. If you own the game and dump the game then it's totally legal. just because you run an emulator doesn't mean you are stealing games. that's why Nintendo can do he-haw about Cemu.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
no. if you own the physical cartridge you can download the game. it's piracy if you don't own the game. take for example the Wii U emulator Cemu. you could just go download Breath of the Wild but that's illegal of course. If you own the game and dump the game then it's totally legal. just because you run an emulator doesn't mean you are stealing games. that's why Nintendo can do he-haw about Cemu.

Man, this totally not the thread to discuss the legality of emulation.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't have the console at Walmart. Drove down the street to target and swooped one up.
Way easy.

Are people buying the wireless controllers for them or the extra wired?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My target had an entire box of controllers still, so people might want to look there if they need one still.