• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I joined Prime to get the NES Classic. Will cancel once they ship it.

univbee

Oct 25, 2017
Nice that availability seems to be easier this time around. I lucked out on the last go-round but what I really want is Canadian availability of the controllers, specifically for them to be available enough that I can buy a dozen of them. Not to scalp, for a bunch of Wii VC setups I have going and where I want the authentic controller experience.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dammit, I just need a controller. :(

Gonna pass by Walmart and see what they have available.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
Just picked one up and availability seems to be good. However, the target I went to got 53 consoles but only 2 extra controllers, so those might still be a little tough to find. Thankfully the 5 people ahead of me in line didn't think to ask for one :D

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Don't the SNES Classic controllers work with the NES Classic? I was figuring on using one of those if I ever needed a controller for a 2nd player.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Lol there were a few people outside waiting in line and I was saying to myself these are online.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Amazon will put out more for the non-prime customers.

This Prime Only batch is a trick they do to make people sign up for Prime. They have done this several times already with sought-after products. They eventually open orders for the regular public. Right now they are just trying to catch as many Prime flies as possible.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Picked one up at Walmart, but they didn't have any controllers there or Target. Any suggestions on a good third party controller that has the same layout?

Just wait until you can get an official one. If you still can't get one months from now, then go and buy a crappy third party controller.

But for now, just wait. It's not like you are dying to play 2-player Super Mario Bros.

You can also use a Wii Pro Controller or even the SNES Classic controller.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Just wait until you can get an official one. If you still can't get one months from now, then go and buy a crappy third party controller.

But for now, just wait. It's not like you are dying to play 2-player Super Mario Bros.

Good point about the SNES Classic controller. They're going to look so nice sitting side by side.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just walked into a Target and got one.

That's literally it: walked in, asked a lady from electronics and she pulled one out. Took less than five minutes, and it was on the way to an appointment.

Very pleased.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Didn't buy the controller from BB because I didn't want to pay $5 shipping on a $10 item... looks like it might bite me in the ass. Hopefully I can find one in stores today.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...I was in the middle of filling out the stuff on Thinkgeek for shipping and then NOPE. Sold out while it was in your cart.

Oh well. Will try somewhere else later.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to me that the SNES Classic may have killed the hype for the NES Classic. There's no frenzy or buzz at all like there was originally. And it seems they are still available at all stores near me.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Or maybe they are just producing more units this time around, everyone is getting theirs and no one is raising a fuss?

Epitome

Oct 27, 2017
What's the word on differences between the original and this reissue? Has lag been reduced? Still hackable?

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017

It's all about that Tecmo bowl, yo.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that the SNES Classic may have killed the hype for the NES Classic. There's no frenzy or buzz at all like there was originally. And it seems they are still available at all stores near me.

I think so too. I called my local supermarket to ask how many calls they got about this. I was only the fourth person to call, and they would be on sale in 2 hours with at least 20 of them in stock. I think the year and a half wait for restocks plus the SNES Classic completely killed the demand for this.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Picked an extra console and controller up for my sister in law from Best Buy. Surprised how easy it was to get both. This also works out best for me because I got my original used from GameStop, so didn't have a box or anything.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
I hope everyone who wants one finally gets it.

Sidenote: if a N64 Classic is happening, it should be announced soon. The SNES classic got announced June 26th and the NES Classic in mid-July.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
5 walmarts in 10 miles of me have about a combined 150 right now. I say your chances of getting one today are good.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017

I think generally the market is just used to the idea of these mini consoles, so it's not going to be the same level of frenzy. While I may pick up one eventually I've learned not to get too hyped with these products, only for them to be sold in limited quantities and I have to fight with everyone else. When I can walk into a walmart and pick one up without fuss, awesome. If not...no biggie. I'm kinda over it at this point.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just placed an order on BestBuy. Didn't expect it to be that easy, maybe I got lucky.

Sold out of controllers though.

Edit: I see, expected to ship 7/20. That's fine though, I can wait. This is how all the previous Classic orders should have worked. I can cancel if I find one between now and then.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got one on BB just now, shipping in mid July, whatever, good enough. Will have fun with it when the kids get to see the graphics we had back in my day

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I already have a Famicom mini, but we're getting this just because it doesn't have the controllers connected (which was a stupid decision imo, there's accurate and then there's user-unfriendly). I'm more excited than I should be given we're already bored of the Famicom Mini and it's been snuggly in it's box for a very long time!

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I already have a Famicom mini, but we're getting this just because it doesn't have the controllers connected (which was a stupid decision imo, there's accurate and then there's user-unfriendly). I'm more excited than I should be given we're already bored of the Famicom Mini and it's been snuggly in it's box for a very long time!

The cords being connected like the original didn't really bother me too much. It was the size of them that was just ridiculous.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How are you seeing that? There are 2 stores in Annapolis, so hopefully they'd be stocked.
I found the product listing and looked up store availability. Doesn't say how many but that they have some. And it is every store I know of.

On a side note, sorry for your community yesterday. I lived in Baltimore for 5 years so it hit home as well.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Waited in line for the SNES, but not nearly as interested in this as I was when this first came out. Mainly because NES games have been rereleased so many times and many are going to be included in the Switch Online service. Might still get one if they have it when I stop by Best Buy later.

Oct 27, 2017
Walked into Target, they had like 30.
I just walked out with one.

Kind of weird how easy it was. I never even saw a single one of the first run of them.

It's too bad they didn't update the display options to match the SNES though. The 4:3 mode is so much better than it is on the NES version.

ravn0s

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
Just ordered the NES console and an extra controller from EB Games here in Australia. I was going to get it from JB HI-FI but they don't have the official controller.