OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I get that people are always gonna be excited for and begging for the first party mega hits, but there are so many other interesting games I hope we get.

Actraiser, Populous, Uniracers, King of the Monsters, Gradius, Sim City, Chrono Trigger, Turtles in Time, etc.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that people are always gonna be excited for and begging for the first party mega hits, but there are so many other interesting games I hope we get.

Actraiser, Populous, Uniracers, King of the Monsters, Gradius, Sim City, Chrono Trigger, Turtles in Time, etc.
Sim City was actually a first party game developed by EAD! Nintendo needs to get the licensing rights back from EA. I'd love to play that again on Switch.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Why in the world would this make you think "n64 in march", as opposed to "n64 not happening"?
Collection ends in March. GB this month would have meant nothing till next sept. Mario 35 is the big NSO add this year and it also ends in March. There's a limited number of first party Snes games left. SM64 in the collection is a revamped and improved emulator from Nerd who makes the emulators for NSO. Odds are decent

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Sim City was actually a first party game developed by EAD! Nintendo needs to get the licensing rights back from EA. I'd love to play that again on Switch.

I didn't realize it was first party! Sucks that that game is in limbo. I have heavy nostalgia for that one, but I think I'd also just appreciate the relative simplicity of it compared to Sim games nowadays.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Hum... Mario Picross... Guess that day i will hook back my Switch on my TV and don't get out of my room.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Collection ends in March. GB this month would have meant nothing till next sept. Mario 35 is the big NSO add this year and it also ends in March. There's a limited number of first party Snes games left. SM64 in the collection is a revamped and improved emulator from Nerd who makes the emulators for NSO. Odds are decent
Hmmmm. Enticing thought. Although I think the only real substantial point is the new emulators built by NERD. Not sure if anything you said specifically implies an N64 NSO app is coming in March.
Don't get me wromg, I want to see it so badly.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I know it doesn't get much love but I'm hoping DKC 3 isn't too far away.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, finally I can play with Scat on the go, not just confined to my own home.

I do like me some Picross, and of course Donkey Kong Country 2 is a classic. I'm kinda off an on playing DKC1 right now, but I'll probably switch to DKC2, since I had already gone and beat DKC1 fairly recently.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Happy for DKC2, I'm in to finally play it properly!

Sad that the dream of new systems being added still is probably dead though, I mean anyone with a sense of realism probably already suspected it... but still can't help but be disappointed about it.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
S.C.A.T. is great, wonder if we'll get any of their other games Natsume made or published like Dragon Fighter, Shatterhand, Power Blade 1&2.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I thought the Mario Allstars game was it for this month. I'm very happy to see DKC2. Is Peace Keepers any good? I've always got time for a decent beat-em-up.

Still holding out hope for Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only game I want is Super Mario RPG

Do we know if Nintendo can release the game, or does Square-Enix holds the license?
Nintendo has released it multiple times, including on the SNES Classic. It'll come to NSO.
I hope I didn't seem like a Debby Downer, but I really wanna play those two games without having to resort to my cfw n2dsxl. Lol
no, I hear you. I love those games. I just don't think SE will release any FF titles on NSO (or Chrono Trigger).

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Hold dang, this is the best update since NSO came out. Four great games on US, three great games on JP. (and one exclusive for JP). Sad there's no Game Boy stuff out, but I think if we keep getting stuff like this i'll be fine waiting a bit longer. No complaints here.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Mario's Super Picross let's you play 2-player co-op, which with the NSO app will allow you to play picross co-op online with a friend!

(2-player mode is activated by pushing a button on player 2's controller while on a puzzle)

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder why Square-Enix won't re-release the Quintet Trilogy on modern consoles.
Is it more lost source code? I figured that would be in better shape since those were originally Enix titles not Square titles. Maybe Nintendo can step in again like with the Mana Collection. They clearly save EVERYTHING.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I do wonder why Square-Enix won't re-release the Quintet Trilogy on modern consoles.
Is it more lost source code? I figured that would be in better shape since those were originally Enix titles not Square titles. Maybe Nintendo can step in again like with the Mana Collection. They clearly save EVERYTHING.
I would like to know what happened to Tomoyoshi Miyazaki.

www.resetera.com

What ever happened to Tomoyoshi Miyazaki (Quintet)?

Tomoyoshi Miyazaki co-founded (with Masaya Hashimoto) Quintet in the late 80s. He is responsible for the design/scenario of most Quintet games, but he vanished as mysteriously as Quintet did in early 2000. They were responsible for games such as: ActRaiser Soul Blazer ActRaiser 2 Illusion of...

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
S.C.A.T. is great, wonder if we'll get any of their other games Natsume made or published like Dragon Fighter, Shatterhand, Power Blade 1&2.

I'm pretty confident all of Natsume Inc's games will hit NSO, since we're almost at all of them. Only missing Harvest Moon and we caught up on Wii VC titles.

Hopefully we get the Taito ones they published like Lufia II and Pocky/Rocky. I'd object to Natsume Atari published games like Abadox and Power Blade coming out since Natsume atari don't self publish normally, but this NSO release in JP is from them... So maybe we have a shot.

Enix doesn't really exist in Square's head, but I think I heard that for the first Quintet game, the soundtrack to it is fully owned by the composer so the game itself can't come out without clearing that legal hurdle. Unsure about the other two. But they could at least throw us Actraiser like on wii...

I don't think N64 NSO is gonna be a thing. The emulator for 3DAS is promising but they'd still have barely any games to use it on outside of like, twenty. I think we'd get a collection more than a NSO service. GB is probably more likely and I assume it got delayed for COVID or something, or Nintendo is able to squeeze more out of NSO SNES for a bit longer. Absolutely no NSO for GCN/Wii, that's for sure.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm pretty confident all of Natsume Inc's games will hit NSO, since we're almost at all of them. Only missing Harvest Moon and we caught up on Wii VC titles.

Hopefully we get the Taito ones they published like Lufia II and Pocky/Rocky. I'd object to Natsume Atari published games like Abadox and Power Blade coming out since Natsume atari don't self publish normally, but this NSO release in JP is from them... So maybe we have a shot.

Enix doesn't really exist in Square's head, but I think I heard that for the first Quintet game, the soundtrack to it is fully owned by the composer so the game itself can't come out without clearing that legal hurdle. Unsure about the other two. But they could at least throw us Actraiser like on wii...

I don't think N64 NSO is gonna be a thing. The emulator for 3DAS is promising but they'd still have barely any games to use it on outside of like, twenty. I think we'd get a collection more than a NSO service. GB is probably more likely and I assume it got delayed for COVID or something, or Nintendo is able to squeeze more out of NSO SNES for a bit longer. Absolutely no NSO for GCN/Wii, that's for sure.
With the partners we have on NSO already there's a good 40-50 great candidates actually for NSO, Konami alone brings a ton to the table throw in Snowboard kids 1/2 from atlus(sega sammy support already), and a number of other random third party holdings. Plus the 20 or so first party games

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to know what happened to Tomoyoshi Miyazaki.

www.resetera.com

What ever happened to Tomoyoshi Miyazaki (Quintet)?

Tomoyoshi Miyazaki co-founded (with Masaya Hashimoto) Quintet in the late 80s. He is responsible for the design/scenario of most Quintet games, but he vanished as mysteriously as Quintet did in early 2000. They were responsible for games such as: ActRaiser Soul Blazer ActRaiser 2 Illusion of...

A great mystery to solve. I'd ask Japanese forums if I knew the language.

If you mean Soul Blazer, I could see that. That game's soundtrack was composed by Yukihide Takekawa, a well-known musician.
The other two don't seem to have notable composers.
Though not part of the Quintet trilogy, another Enix game that likely won't see re-release is E.V.O. Search for Eden, as that one was composed by Sugiyama and we all know how much of a miser he is with his music.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

Uniracers cannot happen, ever. Pixar won their lawsuit.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts:

-Super excited for DKC 2. I still have to 100% DKC 1. I'm guessing DKC 3 is in the next update.
-Peace Keepers looks like fun. I don't think I've ever played it.
-With this update I'm guessing this shuts the door on any new systems coming to the NSO in September.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've never beat DKC2, nor put any considerable time into it in quite some time.