criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Finished DKC1 a few weeks ago and it only made me eagerly await DKC2! Glad we're getting it soon!

Darth_Kramer

Aug 17, 2020
I just ordered a SNES controller for the switch, what perfect timing for my favorite SNES game (DKC2) to come out. I hope 3 eventually makes an appearance too so I can replay the whole trilogy

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When I first saw a separate video for Mario's Super Picross I got my hopes up for a second that they recreated the mouse controls the original supported using the touch screen.

Guess they're saving that feature for Mario Paint.

I guess they could use Gyro for TV play as well? Would love to see Duck Hunt and Mario Paint on the service.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I played Mario's Super Picross on 3DS and was very disappointed with it. I don't know if it was an emulation issue with the 3DS version or something, but the controls just weren't precise enough to play quickly without mistakes, and you can't turn off the penalties for a missed click like you can in Jupiter's newer games. If you want to fill, X, fill, X really quickly, for example, the controls will not going to keep up with you and you'll end up unintentionally filling the wrong square and being penalized.

Maybe it'll be different in the Switch version, I don't know, but it was a very frustrating game to play.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll have finished my replay of Tropical Freeze right on time for DKC2, let's see if it's so great as people often say, I only played it when it came out and I really enjoyed it but my memories are a bit fuzzy and I can't distinguish between DKC1, 2&3 :P

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Game is called SCAT .... lmaoooo
Because they mean SCAT as in...
Ski bi di bi di do bap do
Do bam do

Bada bwi ba ba bada bo
Baba ba da bo
Bwi ba ba ba do

Glad to see DKC2 AND Mario's Super Picross.
Also why Peace Keepers? When are we getting Final Fight 3 already? For that matter, more Compile shooters, please?

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
The Peace Keepers is a game made for a service like this. Growing up, I'd always see it in gaming mags, I never pulled the trigger in buying it on the VC because I'd rather spend 8 bucks on something else... now I actually can try it out after nearly 20 years.

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
I am so happy seeing more people interested in The Peace Keepers, I truly never expected a re-release because it was the only for the trilogy I cannot recall being released on VC for the Wii or the Wii U, only Rival Turf and Brawl Brothers were there officially, but really I am so happy more people can enjoy the last entry on the series.

IIRC Peace Keepers is also pretty good, I think it's a sequel to the other brawler we got at launch with the awful cover art.
Peace Keepers is a lot of fun

do not sleep on it
Huh, never heard of "The Peace Keepers" - that is cool.
Yeah, it's the sequel to Brawl Brothers and Rival Turf. Good game.

Fully recommended, I speedrun that game and the only reason is that I have some cool memories with it when I rented it to play in the 90s, the evolution of the Rushing Beat Series comes at a really good 3rd game finally available on Nintendo digital re-releases of SNES games

Glad to see some here actually like Peace Keepers. It felt so weird playing with it's Eco-friendly themes, sparse music, and added-photo-portraits localization... while Flynn ran about being an obvious DBZ Saiyan homage. There's some things that'll be a bit more crazy fun to me in Brawl Brothers, but Peace Keepers definitely felt like the best-realized of their BEUs. Wish it had easy-access to the JP version too (Like Brawl Bro's special code allowed), since they changed so much.

A new Picross localization? Love it when they bring stuff like this to the service.

S.C.A.T is something I remember seeing, but haven't played much, if at all. They seem to make solid NES pics, love the more obscure stuff.

DK2 is nice. I know it'll make a lot of others happy. I was always more into K.I for Rare's SNES games, they were the only place I LIKED their pre-rendered looks, really. Maybe I'll get to foster a real joy for it this time? It's great to have the chance.

Yeah I wish Japan also got this, but for some reason they will have to wait, casually Rushing Beat Shura is superior in a lot of aspects to The Peace Keepers

Thoughts:

-Super excited for DKC 2. I still have to 100% DKC 1. I'm guessing DKC 3 is in the next update.
-Peace Keepers looks like fun. I don't think I've ever played it.
-With this update I'm guessing this shuts the door on any new systems coming to the NSO in September.
The Peace Keepers is a game made for a service like this. Growing up, I'd always see it in gaming mags, I never pulled the trigger in buying it on the VC because I'd rather spend 8 bucks on something else... now I actually can try it out after nearly 20 years.
Should try it man, is really a cool beat em up

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's over here like "fuck yeah DKC2"

But I'm sitting here like "FUCK YEAH IMPORT PICROSS"

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This was the alert to wake up to.
Gonna take me some screens of the ol'crocodile isle
Ha, I was taking a nap when I woke up to this news too. Clearly if we sleep in sync, good things happen.

Now nod off with me so that the delightful gimmicktry of DKC3 may grace the service and complete the trifecta!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Donkey Country 1 was released very recently. I guess they've been listening about the speed of the releases.

Also, I think that The Peace Keepers is the first 4-player game in NSO. Does the app support 4 players?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I've ever played the Super Famicom version of Mario Picross. That's a good month.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I was taking a nap when I woke up to this news too. Clearly if we sleep in sync, good things happen.

Now nod off with me so that the delightful gimmicktry of DKC3 may grace the service and complete the trifecta!
One day I'll awaken like
"I dreamt of all manner of gimmicked barrels, did DKC3 happen yet?!"

When it doesn't I just kiddy kong life loss tantrum

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Nice, happy with addition of DKC2. Wanted to start the series but didn't want to wait too long between entries.

Mario All Stars spurred me to play SMB1-3, SMW and Yoshi's Island. Might start DKC series when I finish Yoshi's Island.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Does this kill any chance of seeing GB/N64 games on September? Since its this month, if I am not mistaken, that the 1 year subscriptions are running out.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does this kill any chance of seeing GB/N64 games on September? Since its this month, if I am not mistaken, that the 1 year subscriptions are running out.

I wanna say yes - Next year war booked today and they would have had to announce something during the last 4 weeks. We're not getting another new console this year.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
The GB and SNES Picross games just had a vibe that has been kinda lost in the more modern iterations.

It's the skeuomorphic design, and the archeology-ish theme. Going away from that absolutely made sense, but man do I love that shit.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
Dunno why Square won't just give the greenlight to the NES and SNES RPGs. No one is seriously going to pick those over any one of the remakes if they decide to rerelease them.

FF 1 and 2 hardly even work. People would just play them for the novelty.

Karakato

Oct 29, 2017
Solid picks all around, cant wait to play super picross in particular. Now that a good chunk of the 1st party snes games are on the service (barring a few glaring omissions like DKC3 and EB), hopefully 3rd party companies are willing to add some of their snes games for future updates. Like what are the chances of squaresoft games being added in the service? Would be neat to have ff4, ff6 and Chrono trigger but then again, I can see them selling them separate from the service ala legacy collections. Companies like konami and capcom who did release legacy collections still have some snes games left out (Dracula X, Mega Man & Bass) so theres still a possibility (albeit slight) those games can be added into the service later on.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, the HUGE library of stuff many didn't play make up my favorite GETS from these services. Compared to what it cost me to get the SNES cart back then, these cost almost nothing, and if you find one that hits right, it can last you hours... with memories that could last a lifetime.

I am so happy seeing more people interested in The Peace Keepers, I truly never expected a re-release because it was the only for the trilogy I cannot recall being released on VC for the Wii or the Wii U, only Rival Turf and Brawl Brothers were there officially, but really I am so happy more people can enjoy the last entry on the series.

Fully recommended, I speedrun that game and the only reason is that I have some cool memories with it when I rented it to play in the 90s, the evolution of the Rushing Beat Series comes at a really good 3rd game finally available on Nintendo digital re-releases of SNES games

Yeah I wish Japan also got this, but for some reason they will have to wait, casually Rushing Beat Shura is superior in a lot of aspects to The Peace Keepers

Should try it man, is really a cool beat em up

It's nots to me how much they changed! Story and "censorship" are expected, but new sprites for specials? Cutting the credits by over half? I kind of respect how much work they put into it... but I also want to be able to take it all in now. Maybe they could do a "Special" bonus release of the import? How long has it been since we had one of those?