• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Kurakasis was the one that leaked the title for the Marvel 1943 game before it was revealed

View: https://twitter.com/Kurakasis/status/1770620010018509287?t=Hl2bRUeOQixqOTXkkH_HCQ&s=19

An update on an unannounced Marvel game that I first reported in January, titled 'Marvel Rivals':

Developed by NetEase Games

Most likely (more below) a AAA multiplayer FPS set in the Marvel universe PC, mobile and consoles Announcement this year

View: https://twitter.com/Kurakasis/status/1772068803762954547?t=wy2A6Wf_MtWwJQR3ZMjaSA&s=19

Last edited:

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i guess if you're making it a shooter, the rooster should be:

iron man, black widow, hawkeye, deadpool, blade...maybe some of the x-men?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Feems like a catastrophically bad pairing of IP and genre.
i guess if you're making it a shooter, the rooster should be:

iron man, black widow, hawkeye, deadpool, blade...maybe some of the x-men?
Marvel: Powers United VR did a lot more than that, but iirc that was poorly received and shut down fairly quickly.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Issue is I can see this working...but not the IP's they would use.

A marvel 'street' level hero shooter with like punisher deadpool etc might work. But I imagine the expected 'Overwatch but Mahvel' is gonna be stupid...ie Hulk is Tank! with objectives

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
Well nearly every idea that has done something similar has failed spectacularly, why not give it another go?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure how I feel about the idea that its a FPS... not really sure how that's gonna work in practice. Ill wait to see what comes of it, but this is a Suicide Squad of an idea - which is to say that from concept alone, I dont fucking want it lol.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
as long as we're making all these marvel games

might I propose the following

now get this

marvel characters

fighting

capcom characters

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
latest
We're finally back.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
Marvel just can't keep their IP out of poor execution of ideas on their own games.

And when it seems they're going somewhere, is either a flop GaaS in the long run (Avengers by CD/SE),
or a GaaS that had potential and is wasted in the short run (Marvel Omega Heroes).

I do not expect NetEase to pull off a decent hero shooter, if that is what to expect
of reported title. Hope they prove me wrong.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sniper class: Cyclops, Hawkeye(s), Bullseye, Elsa Bloodstone, Gambit, Black Widow

Tank class: Hulk, Juggernaut, Sandman, Man-Thing, The Thing

Support class: Invisible Woman, Mister Negative, Cloak & Dagger, Dr Strange

Attack class: Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon, Dr Doom, Storm, Green Goblin, Human Torch

Defense class: Spider-Man, Ice-Man, Mister Fantastic, Magneto, Mysterio

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll reserve full judgment but Netease are kind of the masters of super standard Mobile/PC games designed to squeeze as much money as possible from whales.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, idk, might be cool if you're "shooting" powers/projectiles and not just running around with guns.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Sniper class: Cyclops, Hawkeye(s), Bullseye, Elsa Bloodstone, Gambit, Black Widow

Attack class: Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon, Dr Doom, Storm, Green Goblin, Human Torch

I wasn't really on board with this idea, but if it were a roster like this, I'd be there to try it. I do miss games like X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance that could bring a lot of Marvel heroes together, including ones not in the MCU. I know the mobile games have huge rosters, but I'm more a fan of traditional console and PC game design. At least Ultimate Alliance 3 did this on Switch.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
as long as we're making all these marvel games

might I propose the following

now get this

marvel characters

fighting

capcom characters
mel-brooks-blazing-saddles.gif

I wasn't really on board with this idea, but if it were a roster like this, I'd be there to try it. I do miss games like X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance that could bring a lot of Marvel heroes together, including ones not in the MCU. I know the mobile games have huge rosters, but I'm more a fan of traditional console and PC game design. At least Ultimate Alliance 3 did this on Switch.
Midnight Suns did this.

Jan 23, 2022
Seriously if anyone wants to do a live service Marvel game like what this crap is going to be, there was already a template with Marvel Heroes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Literally 0 interest in this. God, I can't imagine a game that appeals to me less.

NetEase
Mobile game
AAA FPS

astro

Oct 25, 2017

This sounds like the worst way they could do it lol.

Which is probably lythe way the will choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.