• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Got my code, UK

Just so I know.. am I still able to play in a party with my ps4 friends who aren't on the beta?

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Just got my code. But I'm not really a "power" user and am sure I won't have any useful feedback for the Playstation powers that be. So if anyone wants it, quote me and I'll let you have it.

I'm in the UK.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Someone with an US code please PS5? I want to try the voice chat. Thanks.
Dunno why I neevr get the PS5 invites but just the PS4 ones instead.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think 1440p is ever happening, time to give it up, I don't think its even a big deal since most 1440p monitors can downscale from a 4k signal
but VRR though
crazy that's never happened a year in
but tbh I don't think Sony has ever said VRR was coming
I doubt its a priority to them considering how very few TVs have the support

PS: people keep saying Sony says VRR on the box, but I checked the pics of the box online and I don't see it mentioned anywhere

downscaled 4k on 1440p monitors isnt anywhere near the level of native 1440p, though.

also "time to give it up"? VRR is a 100% promised feature and its not added yet.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Don't know why, but i could beta test the PS4 firmwares in Luxembourg, however the country isn't eligible anymore for the PS5… :-/
K469-RPNG-KDQP

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Those with EU accounts and not in Uk who got in, can test this please?
Change the language of your console to English and check if those options appear or not:

ec42746ff85b083dacfef5fe091e118f165bebfd.png

If does not work for those outside UK, then those with Uk accounts can you try this please? I knwo you have that option through your UK account and activated so I know if this gets activated for the whole system for all accounts, so use an account that is not Uk and check if the options still appear please.
Thanks.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Here's what I've found so far.

- New compatibility window you can open when hovering over the little info box on the right in the store.
- New tabbed downloads/uploads view. Now always visible in Control Center, even when nothing is running.
- New look for trophies list
- PS Plus is pinned to the left of the Home Screen next to the store, and you can't remove it.
- New look for the trophies box on the Home Screen with stripes.
- New 3D art for trophies in Control Center and in the Activities section

Not in this beta:
- VRR
- Update games from library
- Changes to PS button behavior

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The update is alright...I actually prefer having less icons on the home menu, so it's kinda annoying how I just have to put up with more.

I only mention that because it feels like navigating the os is ever so slightly laggier, reminds me of how the PS4 slowly became bogged down with too many features that made it run terribly.

Not sure why Downloads are permanently in the control centre, I preferred how it was previously where it would only show up when a game/app was being downloaded

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Have PS4. Will trade for PS5. 😂

Dunno why man who registred are stuck into such hell pit from the start and will never change. Those who got PS5 invites will always get PS5 ones while those who got PS4 invites will always get PS4 ones. It seems Sony still consider that we still use the PS4 instead. XD
Dunno why they don't send both for those who registered.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I've found so far.

- New compatibility window you can open when hovering over the little info box on the right in the store.
- New tabbed downloads/uploads view. Now always visible in Control Center, even when nothing is running.
- New look for trophies list
- PS Plus is pinned to the left of the Home Screen next to the store, and you can't remove it.
- New look for the trophies box on the Home Screen with stripes.
- New 3D art for trophies in Control Center and in the Activities section

Not in this beta:
- VRR
- Update games from library
- Changes to PS button behavior

Have you tried a PS1 CD?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why man who registred are stuck into such hell pit from the start and will never change. Those who got PS5 invites will always get PS5 ones while those who got PS4 invites will always get PS4 ones. It seems Sony still consider that we still use the PS4 instead. XD
Dunno why they don't send both for those who registered.
I got both.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you update games from the Game Library?

It's really stupid that the check for update option is only available to items in home screen.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can you update games from the Game Library?

It's really stupid that the check for update option is only available to items in home screen.

Yeah. All that hustle for nothing. You need to start the game to make it appear on screen to make check for updates option appear. Also on PS5 you can't even check changelogs of updates for the games. It seems the PS4 was launched with more features than the PS5.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Any change in the icons system or are we getting ugly and different icons forever depending on where you are in the UI. Either no developer is aware that the system changed in the previous update or they just don't care. Most recently bought games have icons where you can't even see what game it is. It amazes me tbh.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I entered Beta program with 5 different mails, but of course zero code.

I'd be glad for an extra PS5 code.

Oct 30, 2017
Voice commands is actually pretty neat though it takes 3 steps to launch a game which I think could be reduced to 2.

"Hey PlayStation"

""Launch Avengers"

Then It brings up a list of 6 different things and I need to pick the one I want. I wish there was a setting where you could make it start the Avengers you have installed.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Voice commands is actually pretty neat though it takes 3 steps to launch a game which I think could be reduced to 2.

"Hey PlayStation"

""Launch Avengers"

Then It brings up a list of 6 different things and I need to pick the one I want. I wish there was a setting where you could make it start the Avengers you have installed.

Please can you answer my question here?

Those with EU accounts and not in Uk who got in, can test this please?
Change the language of your console to English and check if those options appear or not:

ec42746ff85b083dacfef5fe091e118f165bebfd.png

If does not work for those outside UK, then those with Uk accounts can you try this please? I knwo you have that option through your UK account and activated so I know if this gets activated for the whole system for all accounts, so use an account that is not Uk and check if the options still appear please.
Thanks.

Since you have an UK account.