• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see them doing a game like EQ3 if they're suffering all of these layoffs. I assume it will be a safe bet using one of their current games and switching it up a little bit.

Not EQ3 in the sense they continue the work they did with EQ Next. Just EQ2 in a new engine with updated graphics, animations, art work, ui improvements, etc. That to me is the safe bet. Maybe go action combat a little bit.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not EQ3 in the sense they continue the work they did with EQ Next. Just EQ2 in a new engine with updated graphics, animations, art work, ui improvements, etc. That to me is the safe bet. Maybe go action combat a little bit.

Ooh that could make sense with the MMO crowd asking more and more for the classic experience.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/da...plat-hugely-popular-ip-announcing-soon.11022/
Feel free to take guesses at what IP it is.

Edit:

Looking at a few more postings, they seem to have two unannounced projects (both on UE4):
- An online RPG
- An online FPS/TPS game
- Both are multiplatform
- One is an "popular, old-class IP" (Everquest?) and the other is a "hugely popular global IP" (Licensed game?)
- At least one of them is announcing soon

Source: https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers?locale=en_US

It has to be one of this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up that this will be starting very soon, I have the Twitch link in the OP.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This will be interesting. I remember before H1Z1 they were planning a sort of WW2 planetside. I always liked the idea of that.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I would be so happy if it was a new EQ MMO. It's been a long time since I had that new-MMO-experience. I miss it.

Kodros

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Opening this thread and seeing some people talk about EQ3 and then scroll down to see that it's a Planetside Battle Royale game...It hurts Era..it hurts.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Opening this thread and seeing some people talk about EQ3 and then scroll down to see that it's a Planetside Battle Royale game...It hurts Era..it hurts.

I was originally not expecting anything, then my mind slowly started getting filled with "EQ3? Is it possible....?"

It definitely hurts