• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not! Don't turn this into a modern loot pinata game Blizzard.
It's so much much more rewarding finding a legendary when it's actually rare.
This isn't a game you rush through.

I mean.. there's a HUGE difference between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 when it comes to drop rates. I'm not saying to make it like Diablo 3, but doing 1000 rune runs to not even get anything good wasn't that much fun. Rates should bit a little bit higher.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
D2 with the 3D engine? I mean, if they use the 3D to replicate the 2D renders of the original game it could work and also look quite nice.
If they're planning on recreating D2 with D3 style 3D then fuck that trash
As long as you can switch back and forth between the art styles like mentioned in the leak, who fucking cares?

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
I have little doubt that we will also see both the Paladin and Necromancer classes in Diablo 4, but one of them will have to wait for an expansion if they launch with five classes (very likely).

I wanted the Amazon to return because of those great bow skills, but I think the Rogue will adopt most of them. Make Windforce great again!

Geeker

May 11, 2019
Rune drop rates have to be adjusted if some of the higher level rune words are to be accessible outside the top 0.5% or so

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Rune drop rates have to be adjusted if some of the higher level rune words are to be accessible outside the top 0.5% or so
I'd love that personally, but if WoW classic is any indication the pain of the grind is considered part of the experience.

Maybe they could offer a D2 classic option for those that want the benefits of the remaster with the classic drop rates.

Arcticfox

Oct 27, 2017
I really like both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, but for different reasons. I play D2 for the challenge and the fact that finally finding the unique you want is a huge event, while with D3 I enjoy constantly getting stronger in my spare time on the Switch. I wish they actually split the series like Dirt and Dirt Rally. Trying to combine the two in D4 and making everyone happy would be a miracle that I don't think Blizzard can pull off anymore.

It may be naive of me, but I don't think they will make the same mistake as Warcraft 3. I am looking forward to the Diablo 2 remake, but I still have the CDs and archives of each patch just in case.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Keep the Rune drops the way they are. We don't need everyone and their dog teleporting around the Ladder with Enigma two days after the season starts, if at all. As long as they can keep the botting and duping under control.

D2's loot rarity works because most of the time specific gear isn't required to make a build work, unlike D3. You can usually get by in D2 with the right affixes. Unless you're trying to solo Smite Ubers, or something.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this D2 thing turns out to be legit (which I'm kind of skeptical about for a few reasons) then yeah, nothing needs to be touched other than visuals.

Einhandr

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Usually the annoucements and new trailers, etc. are the first night during the opening ceremony, and then the nitty-gritty panels are the following days. I'd say we'll see it announced in an hour or two today.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
We will see. Sounds good, but Im not going to be baited. Only thing I trust is TBC Classic because its a copy paste. Cant really mess that up, so bring me dat Illidan!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Usually the annoucements and new trailers, etc. are the first night during the opening ceremony, and then the nitty-gritty panels are the following days. I'd say we'll see it announced in an hour or two today.

Yeah, announcements usually happen during the opening ceremony.

There is a Diablo Round Table and Deep Dive tonight though:

World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies - MMO-Champion

World of Warcraft News, with guides, patch notes, previews of upcoming content, and more!

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Im thinking we'll get a reveal in the first hour.

One big and possibly controversial change I think the game needs is separate loot. The free for all in multiplayer games seems crazy now.

edit- of course this takes us back to changing the loot drop rates with so much more gear coming from a single 8 player game but there was nothing more frustrating than missing out on your item because of clicking a fraction of a second too late.

Last edited:

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
OMGGG on Switch too ?
And remaster and not remake should be nice, depending on how much they change the graphics. Hopefully it's pretty clear.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep the Rune drops the way they are. We don't need everyone and their dog teleporting around the Ladder with Enigma two days after the season starts, if at all. As long as they can keep the botting and duping under control.

D2's loot rarity works because most of the time specific gear isn't required to make a build work, unlike D3. You can usually get by in D2 with the right affixes. Unless you're trying to solo Smite Ubers, or something.
I don't agree I think that some of the rarer ruins should have slightly higher drop rates.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
On a related note, it's pretty much guaranteed that Warcraft: Refunded has been put on ice, as far as patches and development support is concerned? I honestly haven't been keeping track of that game since the whole debacle.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Gamepad support on PC (esp if local mp) is a big win. It's kind of annoying there was no way to play the PC version of D3 with the console enhancements.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
No - if you're going to remaster it, leave the core gameplay entirely intact. Upgrade the graphics and add some QOL stuff (like controller support), but everything about the game itself (items, drop rates, etc.) needs to be the same.
There's a big difference between rare drop rates and what D2 had. Upping the drop rate even just a little would be a welcome change.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When is this company gonna get actually cancelled for their stance of supporting a genocidal tyrannical government of CCP? Fuck them, no need to give them a platform anywhere.

It's disgusting how people claim to be progressive and cancel celebrities but oh thems videogames I wanna play so it's fine?!
The fact that we still give them a platform here is outrageous. The mods need to take a stand and stop sitting on the sidelines.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I've been itching for some Diablo lately and I never played 2, but always hear good things. I'm gonna tune in and hope it looks good.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
No - if you're going to remaster it, leave the core gameplay entirely intact. Upgrade the graphics and add some QOL stuff (like controller support), but everything about the game itself (items, drop rates, etc.) needs to be the same.
If it's coming to consoles, then the gameplay will already be different from the original? Not sure how they're going do things like binding twelve skills to controller buttons in addition to potions, a run/walk toggle and town portals.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually still kinda waiting for a point to jump in at because I've still never played any Diablo game, and the last time I asked about it people actually said even D1 was worth checking out. I kinda still wanna get OG D2 at some point.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OmFh6eW.jpg

Gotta admit I'm quite disappointed in this. I was hoping they'd really go all out with this with completely gorgeous 3d environments :(
For Diablo 4, sure. Diablo 2 has 2D environments with an excellent art style that works perfectly for the game. Too many remasters get new 3D environments that looks like trash.

If it's coming to consoles, then the gameplay will already be different from the original? Not sure how they're going do things like binding twelve skills to controller buttons in addition to potions, a run/walk toggle and town portals.
They could still tie them to a modifier button (e.g. ZL and/or L) that allows you to cycle quickly through three sets of four skills on the left D-pad. This still leaves us A, B, X, Y, R, ZR, +, -, L3 (click) and R3 (click) for the remaining actions.

Last edited:

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Drops don't need any changing. People run around in endgame gear in like no time already. People are really overstating the grind.

The only change I think is okay is having a game of 1 be considered like 6 or something like that.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
If D2R has controller support also on PC, that's the difference between two purchases or one (on Switch) for me. Really, really hope that makes it to PC.

I wish the console version of Diablo 3 got a re-release on PC as well. I know it's heresy for old schoolers but it's pretty much unplayable given my current PC set-up (I use it on a TV from the couch).

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
If D2R has controller support also on PC, that's the difference between two purchases or one (on Switch) for me. Really, really hope that makes it to PC.

I wish the console version of Diablo 3 got a re-release on PC as well. I know it's heresy for old schoolers but it's pretty much unplayable given my current PC set-up (I use it on a TV from the couch).

99% sure they said controller support available for D2R on PC. And yeah, I'm with you. Absolutely love controller over m/kb for Diablo 3.

Edit-
This article says yes to PC controller support.
www.eurogamer.net

Blizzard announces Diablo 2: Resurrected for PC and consoles

Blizzard has announced Diablo 2: Resurrected, a remaster of the hugely-popular 20-year-old action-role-playing game.Dia…

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Drops don't need any changing. People run around in endgame gear in like no time already. People are really overstating the grind.

The only change I think is okay is having a game of 1 be considered like 6 or something like that.
Yeah, drops should be rare. It's no fun when you can have everything in a week. I played D2 for a good couple of years and never once had something like a stone of jordan drop. But I like grinding, so I might be in the minority haha

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
99% sure they said controller support available for D2R on PC. And yeah, I'm with you. Absolutely love controller over m/kb for Diablo 3.

Edit-
This article says yes to PC controller support.
www.eurogamer.net

Blizzard announces Diablo 2: Resurrected for PC and consoles

Blizzard has announced Diablo 2: Resurrected, a remaster of the hugely-popular 20-year-old action-role-playing game.Dia…
Well then. Looks like I'll be buying this. Thanks a bunch for the link.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
So, if they aren't reworking the inventory system like they did in D3, controller only gaming will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.