• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I'm so conflicted between team Australia and team Edgelord :(

images

I totally want this to be his crit animation.
MDzrZHs.gif

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Ooh, cool.

I also like how your dad is this legendary knight, and you're there kind of just as his hanger-on. It's cool when you get to play as a "secondary protagonist" in the story, rather than the person the whole world revolves around.

Yyyeaaah. That dad ain't lasting. He's probably dead before you even assume as a teacher

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah that art in the scans is all kinds of not great. Proportions and shit just feel way off and wonky. I'm assuming it's some guest artist as it doesn't look like Chinatsu's other work for the game.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I still can't get over how awful all the character art is tbh
What the hell were they thinking after getting Hidari for Echoes?

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who adores FeMC design?

Upper half, she looks fine. But

tumblr_inline_pmw36eVznq1so29dq_540.png

Not great. Why the belly button exposed like that? And the short skirts with fishnet leggings filled with holes are too gratuitous and unbefitting for a professor. I think her hairstyle is also quite uninspired. Felt like the MC hair but with photoshopped to be longer.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I wish they would get rid of class change altogether, but as that is unlikely to happen, I'm glad that they're at least continuing to experiment with the mechanics. Maybe one day they'll find something that's fun and reasonably balanced.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not great. Why the belly button exposed like that? And the short skirts with fishnet leggings filled with holes are too gratuitous and befitting for a professor. I think her hairstyle is also quite uninspired. Felt like the MC hair but with photoshopped to be longer.
Okay, yeah, I have never seen the full design. WTF is that lol

Blessed are the Waifus.
And blessed are we

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who adores FeMC design?
Probably because it looks pretty stupid from a design standpoint. Why the fuck would a military teacher be wearing that?

Also the double standard is so fucking blatant it ain't even funny.

From an aesthetic viewpoint, it just fails. Just looks kinda ugly TBH compared to the male characters' clothing. And so does the clothing for the dragon pedobait.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Visually doesn't look that impressive which is a bit of a shame since the 3DS entries were a big step forward graphically. I just hope the characters and gameplay are good.

Going female and joining Edelgard. Good shipping material right there.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Not great. Why the belly button exposed like that? And the short skirts with fishnet leggings filled with holes are too gratuitous and befitting for a professor. I think her hairstyle is also quite uninspired. Felt like the MC hair but with photoshopped to be longer.

Oh man I forgot about the exposed midriff (and hotpants). It's like she was supposed to be in #FE but got cut

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow, I hadn't seen her pants (or rather, the lack thereof) before.

That's Not Good.

Fingers crossed she gets better looks changing classes.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the sound of it, while you can change classes freely, you're going to have a much harder time unlocking new classes, especially the higher-tier ones. Assuming they balance it the way I'm thinking, anyway.
eh, it's kinda hard for me to believe it will be actually "hard" to unlock classes... and I prefer generally characters being locked to a few classes that fit their designs and/or personalities. I'm really not into the ida, but yeah, hoping to see more about it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
eh, it's kinda hard for me to believe it will be actually "hard" to unlock classes... and I prefer generally characters being locked to a few classes that fit their designs and/or personalities. I'm really not into the ida, but yeah, hoping to see more about it.
The old way only helped characters that had good classes, now we can salvage armor knights by making them cavaliers in maps that armor is trash and, lets be honest, those are most maps.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you for the new information. I predict the dad is going to pull a Greil and be killed/disappear early in the game. Very interested to see how they iterate on Mila's Turnwheel here. More limited uses? Can only reverse a certain number of actions per use? Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you. I'm just thinking that the way they're tying class options to skill levels means that you'll be soft-locked into certain paths, and that character aptitudes could end up translating into interesting class selections.
cclnV59.png

She looks pretty good in brigand class outfit.
I do love that look, I'm just not sure how outfit changes are going to work for the MCs. If she's literally just dressed like that, fantastic, if she gets some custom look, we may be stuck at square one.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The old way only helped characters that had good classes, now we can salvage armor knights by making them cavaliers in maps that armor is trash and, lets be honest, those are most maps.
Actually I'm not against some characters being bad. It gives more of an unique feel to them and sometimes you'll stick with some bad/worse characters just because you like them and try to find a niche where they can at least be useful.

Where's muh romance, IS?? Come on!
Hopefully not even close to the students. Let only teachers marry each other. lol

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I still can't get over how awful all the character art is tbh
What the hell were they thinking after getting Hidari for Echoes?
Yep, Hidari was a godsend and IMO far better than the NMH guy for Fire Emblem (not that the artist isn't good, but Hidari was far better).

And as others said the graphics look kind of meh, like a regression compared to how the 3DS games looked compared to most games on the same system. Maybe they are using some Tecmo engine, but the game looks really aliased and the scenarios really boring. The main characters are good enough but the random soldiers look really bad.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I'm not against some characters being bad. It gives more of an unique feel to them and sometimes you'll stick with some bad/worse characters just because you like them and try to find a niche where they can at least be useful.
it is cool in games that bad characters can still be useful, but other games give you characters so bad that it is basically impossible to use
Also what is so bad to have the game change, we have the same system basically forever, the new system adds a new layer to the strategy

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
The picture of FProtags breasts look like balloons, it's not even funny, really. Team Cloud btw

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope 3 Houses is successful to bring new audiences, this vote being so one sided shows that they need to improve

People love their waifu. Edelgard should have been a dude for a more even field haha.

Actually, Dimitri is kinda boring too design wise. He really lacks the flair or charm that I can get from Edelgard or Claude.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
F!Byleth would look so much better without her belly button exposed and with tights or pants. Or even shorts that are just a little longer. Like others have said, it's just weird for a professor of a military academy. It's just like Corrin, why the barefeet and thigh gap? It's a nice looking character that loses so much from mind boggling design decisions. It's tough because male and female Robin showed that they could pull it off. It's definitely not that bad or too oversexualized compared to the rest of the FE cast but... just... why...

I'm happy they at least haven't done anything with Edelgard yet, but I think this game screams timeskip and they'll probably get actual combat uniforms later on. We'll see. I'll probably go with Edelgard first but Claude looks really cool too. We don't know too much about Dimitri and he hasn't been a meme yet.