• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Gorillaz is my favorite band so I absolutely can't wait!

Absolutely loved The Now Now so I'm more than eager for more Gorillaz.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has it really been 6 or so years since the Now Now came out? New Music!?

Edit: Since we're doing this, Humanz is amazing and The Now Now is "Let's make The Fall but good this time" and that's pretty good too.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Gorillaz working with Slaves is not something I expected to hear.

Intrigued.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was nervous after The Now Now tour that we'd be seeing a short hiatus before new stuff came around but Damon is full speed ahead. So hyped.

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
WAY TOO, WAY TOO, WAY TOO, WAY TOO HYPE.

They've been recording all of 2018 and 2019, and they've been posting snippets from the studio of new music. Most recent one was filmed at a mixing board(?), so they're probably in the later stages of production. I'd venture we see it Fall 2020.

Avalanches are on final mixing/mastering now, I think we'll see it by summer. Shit is sounding so good.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
If anything I remember Damon said he had enough material for 2 more albums after TNN, and I wouldn't be surprised he now has even more material for more albums.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If anything I remember Damon said he had enough material for 2 more albums after TNN, and I wouldn't be surprised he now has even more material for more albums.
Damon just records a ton of material for every record. You could prob make five albums each from the Plastic Beach and Humanz recording sessions, and the former never even got a b-sides release.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremely excited for this.

The only Gorillaz albums I don't like are The Fall and D-Sides. I'm still surprised that, after radio silence for 7 years they suddenly are doing 3 albums in 4 years, nuts.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, looking forward to whatever comes. But it's good to see that Albarn and Hewlett didn't fall out again like they did earlier.

As for the last two albums ... i think Humanz was too ... "crazy" (hard to describe for me), and The Now Now was a bit too safe. Best outcome would be if they manage to combine both traits of the last albums.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, looking forward to whatever comes. But it's good to see that Albarn and Hewlett didn't fall out again like they did earlier.

Watching the Reject False Icons doc you can def see how easily that can happen though, haha. Of the dozens people that were coming in and out of the various studios, those two seemed to get along the least (more so from Damon's side) and I got the impression that Damon doesn't care nearly as much about the character/story side of it as Jamie does, though maybe I'm misreading things.

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
"Song Machine Theme Tune" leaked, it's a 20 second garageband ditty. I imagine itll go on youtube officially today, along with some visual accompaniment

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yup, that was random, sort of like the clip of Lake Zurich used to announce The Now Now though that sounded way better. Still hyped though!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Something interesting is when you follow the link in the YouTube video is makes note of "Song Machine Season One" and "next episode".

hmmmm

Last edited:

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Saw on Instagram billboards promoting Song Machine for Jan 30th, so there's likely going to be a video at least, a random BBC drop seemed like too low-key for Gorillaz

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
I was pretty thoroughly unhappy with The Now Now after loving Humanz, and this little sound clip doesn't fill me with confidence.

We'll see later this week, fam!

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping some of the remnants from the PB sessions make it onto here, but I'd much rather have them do something new than make a sequel to one of their other albums. The constant shifts in sound are part of what make Gorillaz special.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is so weird and trippy.

"I know his foreground, it's very clear" made me laugh.

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
love hearing the band banter. It's something that was sorely missing in Phase 5 and I'm really happy to see it return.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
So, is 2D is still possessed by...
Him from The Powerpuff Girls?
Or is that just a random theory?