tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Man, I'm a big phone kind of person, so waiting on the MAX but the Pro is looking sleek.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Criminal to put a case on that.
Depends on the case.
P00439196.jpg

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't the tech sites and youtubers have phones sent to them yet
I'm sure they have them, they just can't talk about i yet. ABC News showed that they have a couple:
www.youtube.com

iPhone 12 and 12 Pro - First Exclusive Hands On!

ABC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: They got hands on Apple’s new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro and shares what users can expect.Thanks for watching | Like & SubscribeFollow m...
I've said this a few times but they have them and the embargo lifts tomorrow.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I'm sure they have them, they just can't talk about i yet. ABC News showed that they have a couple:
www.youtube.com

iPhone 12 and 12 Pro - First Exclusive Hands On!

ABC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: They got hands on Apple’s new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro and shares what users can expect.Thanks for watching | Like & SubscribeFollow m...
I've said this a few times but they have them and the embargo lifts tomorrow.

I see. Thanks 4 the info

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I buy a two-year term of AppleCare+, can I switch to monthly once the term ends? Or is it just done and over forever at that point?

If the back glass breaks/shatters, is the repair cost still some ridiculous amount? I'm not sure if fixing the back glass qualifies as "screen repair" or "other damage" under Apple's terms.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
If I buy a two-year term of AppleCare+, can I switch to monthly once the term ends? Or is it just done and over forever at that point?

If the back glass breaks/shatters, is the repair cost still some ridiculous amount? I'm not sure if fixing the back glass qualifies as "screen repair" or "other damage" under Apple's terms.

Yeah, you can switch to monthly after. They give you a grace period of around a month to do it.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

goddamn its looking good, i was kinda regretting getting graphite but I'm not regretting it now.

Glad that design is back. iPhone 5 remained visually superior through all these years.

The camera bump though... Will always be a blight in these new phones. Major reason I started using a case, even if it's just a thin clear one. They also kept getting more and more slippery on the back.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait until Brownlee and Hilsenteger get their's. I imagine Hilsenteger will get every color in the regular and Pro like last time.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I can't go caseless.

It really doesn't have anything to do with protection, but these phones are just way too slippery in my hand. I like a nice, soft silicone case.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
After cracking the back screen on my X and basically ruining any chance of getting good trade in value, I'm definitely slapping a case on my 12 Pro. It's shame though, because these phone's are gorgeous. I am really looking forward to how MagSafe works, especially with some of those Belkin car accessories. I think MagSafe will be a feature we see most copied from this years phone going forward. Especially when the flagships start ditching the charging ports in a couple years.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get the 12 Pro Max 😩
The reviews for the 12 and 12 Pro being tomorrow will be nice, can finally compare the colors outside of Apple's videos and renders.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The upgrade in RAM for the Pro isn't even listed anywhere and it certainly wasn't touted as a feature, which I find odd, because if anything they really needed to justify the price of the Pro over the regular. I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money if you weren't interested in the camera.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The upgrade in RAM for the Pro isn't even listed anywhere and it certainly wasn't touted as a feature, which I find odd, because if anything they really needed to justify the price of the Pro over the regular. I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money if you weren't interested in the camera.
They never list ram or use it as a selling point though.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know, the price difference seems to be inline with the marginal differences. When you equal storage, its only $120 for a much better camera and a stainless steel body. By comparison, the Aluminum vs Stainless Steel Watch difference is $300.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

goddamn its looking good, i was kinda regretting getting graphite but I'm not regretting it now.

This is why I don't use cases. It's so enjoyable using a device like this without a chunk of cheap plastic layered on top of it.

And it my experience, most cases usually aren't going to protect against major fall damage, just scratches. Only the really thick and heavy rubberized cases seem to protect against that.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So what other benefits are there to the Pro if I don't give a shit about the camera?

I have an 8+ I plan to trade-up(and I assume it is a noticeable leap), but I'm waffling over whether the better materials are worth it for the Pro? Anything else I'm not understanding about the Pro vs 12 vanilla?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So what other benefits are there to the Pro if I don't give a shit about the camera?

I have an 8+ I plan to trade-up(and I assume it is a noticeable leap), but I'm waffling over whether the better materials are worth it for the Pro? Anything else I'm not understanding about the Pro vs 12 vanilla?
going from 8+ to 12 as well, kinda wondering the same, hoping i didnt make a mistake lol

i would expect this to still be a upgrade on all sides, even camera, i would hope

from the little previews it doesnt seem like the Pro offers too much more, to me it was between the 2 ends of the spectrum, 12 or 12 pro max

dont really see the need of the pro

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

Apparently 6 GB RAM instead of 4. LiDA and some camera software.

After watching this unboxing video I think the Pro models looks alot sharper (and thus better imo) than the regular ones.
I compared the frames and the regular one looks alot more round/curvy which I dont like.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Nothing really. There's more RAM, but you're unlikely to ever notice the difference. These aren't Android phones, they don't really need to brute force RAM to keep speeds up, they're pretty well optimized

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think I wish the Graphite was a little darker and less shinny. Oh well. It is what it is, the phone still looks great.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
You also get twice the starting storage on the Pro, which was a huge deciding factor in me upgrading. Also, even though iOS is much more optimized when it comes to RAM usage, if you're keeping these phones for multiple years, it certainly doesn't hurt having 50% more. If anything the extra camera is probably the least compelling reason to upgrade.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
It's a damn shame there's no 120Hz on the phone. I love the design, and I've been thinking of trying Apple out after being on Android since the Galaxy S3. But I just can't go back to 60hz.

Phone design looks like a beast though.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
There's some unboxing of the Blue regular one going around and it looks amazing.

EDIT: If they had been able to get ProMotion working then this year the phones would receive glowing praise.