sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
_104197645_kfcnewsfries2-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1.jpg

Anyone else tried them? Had some at lunch today. I'd say they're not as good as the old chips from 5 years ago, but way better then the godawful french fries we've had since 2013.

now please bring back crispy strips

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
Woah what. Are they just in your neck of the country or everywhere? Either way I need to swing by Friday to find out.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I never understood how KFC could fuck up chips. They are cardboard-like and disgusting. How the fuck do you fuck up something so unfuckupable.

OP
OP
sir_crocodile

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Woah what. Are they just in your neck of the country or everywhere? Either way I need to swing by Friday to find out.

afaik these are supposed to completely replace the french fries in the UK. my branch didn't have them on saturday, but today when I went they were there.

look like Burger King Chips...

Yeah, although a bit smaller. Hopefully they retain heat better then the BK ones. Mine were fine today but I don't know how long they'd been sitting there.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They look like McCain's Micro Chips but with the skin on the end.

They look overcooked, soggy, and disappointing.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of names all my life I have called "cookies" biscuits and I don't think American buiscuit existed. Until I came to america....

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
How are they with the gravy? Only thing that made KFC chips worthwhile before was the gravy...

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
They do look a wee bit soggy. What's the crisp factor and texture of them like? More importantly do they have good gravy retention?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll need to try them. KFC is awful though, there is no consistency. I get maybe 1-4 visits it's enjoyable.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Does KFC UK have potato wedges?

kfc-potato-wedges.jpg

Because these would be more like traditional "chips" than the thinner french fries.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Tell me more about Kentucky, Mr. United Kingdom. You'd know better than me.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Are these all over the country?

Had KFC on Monday and still had the shitty old chips.

Also yes silly Americans, we call them chips and your 'chips' are called crisps. Did you know we also drive on the left and put the letter u in words like colour?

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
I'd call them fries tbh. Chips are big chunky potatos. The kind you get at a fish and chips.

Oct 27, 2017
They were doing a weird promotional campaign for this a month or so back. They were digging up tweets, some of which were years old, from random people saying how shit KFC chips are and then promoting them so they appeared in people's feed.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Are these all over the country?

Had KFC on Monday and still had the shitty old chips.

Also yes silly Americans, we call them chips and your 'chips' are called crisps. Did you know we also drive on the left and put the letter u in words like colour?
There's like 3 KFC near where I live and only one of them has these new chips.

So I don't know what's up with that.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tried them last night, better than the oil drenched anaemic looking thinks they used to sell... not much more to say on it tbh.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I like 'em well enough, though I barely ever eat them without gravy so IDK if I can compare them properly to the french fries since it all comes down to the gravy for me lol.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
KFC pro tip: swap the fried starches with coleslaw.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
KFC fries in UK must be different than where I live. Their fries are pretty good where I live, as long as they are hot. Curious if they will change them here too. In Eastern Europe.

No, we lost them a few years ago, around the same time they changed to the crap fries that were just replaced.

The crispy strips were replaced by "mini fillets", which are garbage.

That sucks, crispy strips are one of the main reasons why I get anything from KFC to begin with.