• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

source.gif

Fingers crossed!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The first one was terrible but at least it wasn't boring. I don't have the same hope for this one

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the last Mortal Kombat thing we got was that web series, it probably won't be that hard to be the best live action Mortal Kombat adaptation in the last twenty five years. 😂

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the trailer.

MK is still way too good a movie, and I still like Rebirth and Legacy.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand when the sentiment towards the original movie flipped. Still the best video game movie. It understands what MK is. Cheesy martial arts nonsense.
After playing story mode in MK11 and Aftermath, I can't help but see the potential for a big budget, blockbuster live action fantasy/martial arts epic action adventure TV series or movie franchise.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, I didn't know they already had a release date for this.

Assuming the worst considering we've seen nothing

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scopion's Revenge was amazing, hoping this follow suits. As long as its not as bad as Annihilation I'll be happy.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised that it is releasing so soon, but there's still been no trailer. Tomorrow, I guesS?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Guys, remember Sonic was one of the highest grossing and best movies of last year, maybe Mortal Kombat has a chance! /S

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Johnny Cage is in this? Cause IIRC he was one of the few characters not casted.

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
Hope this is good even though I'm sure Shang Chi will be the best supernatural martial arts tournament movie this year.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
25 years of mortal kombat logos and of course hollywood had to over design what was already perfectly fine for the new movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, at least they have some top-notch martial arts talent in this. Joe Taslim as Sub-Zero is awesome casting.

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
the fact the movie is a bunch of unknowns is actually exciting for me

but, who really knows?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the direction of this will be?

Will it be a faithful adaptation making fans happy? Or something from the left like Power Rangers 2017 dividing a fanbase?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
the fact the movie is a bunch of unknowns is actually exciting for me

but, who really knows?
i am worried. the movie is mostly finished since almost a year. why not release a picture of scorpion and subs in costume? that would easily get the hype going. hell, we know more about the resident evil reboot than mk. and the re movie is more than a year away.

it feels like they are hiding something.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Untested director is always worrisome but the cast is stellar and the R rating is promising.

That said, I would have killed to see Gareth Evans direct this film.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
i am worried. the movie is mostly finished since almost a year. why not release a picture of scorpion and subs in costume? that would easily get the hype going. hell, we know more about the resident evil reboot than mk. and the re movie is more than a year away.

it feels like they are hiding something.
So it's not just me that feels like this then.