• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamisori

Oct 26, 2017
France
That's a great news and it seems PlatinumGames is on board.

Plus there is a good chance a Switch version could be planned o/

crookedaxis

Oct 27, 2017
500full-twin-peaks-screenshot.jpg

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

I can't control my excitement

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Bring it on! Ready to feel happy, then upset, then a mix of both, again.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for this. Good for Yoko Taro. Hope SE get him a nice shiny gold Emil head.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
Please be White Chlorination Syndrome/Legion era. Please.

Though knowing Taro literally everything will be Emil's face this time around.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this is going to be a Fire Emblem type of situation. Considering NieR got them truckloads of money from mobile collaboration alone, no way Square will ever release their grip on the franchise.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy knowing it'll be something no one expects so the series doesn't burn out just because a couple executives see "franchise potential". The Drakenier series can go anywhere and based on ending E
it could literally be out of this world

I hope this is a return to form. Automata was a little too lighthearted.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Awesome news. Hopefully the game is just as big/complete and with the same dream team.
Hope it's not a sequel too.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Very excited and happy for them, but I was really hoping for a new Drakengard next. :(

Oh well. Hope Accord is more than a mention this time. Let's wrap up some loose ends Mr. Taro.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Considering that Automata is my game of the year and maybe of the generation, this is great news.
If indeed Platinum is onboard, even better. Also give them higher budget. Taro san loves money!

Oct 27, 2017
Of course I'm hyped - Nier:A is now a lock for my goty. But I'm a little anxious that this will be some mobile or gaas kind of thing. Nier is all about heady narrative, not gameplay loops...

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
I... need to play Automata first. But more Platinum/Square games is good news.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Hope it's based either on Thou I Shalt Not Die or set in an entirely new time again

Of course I'm hyped - Nier:A is now a lock for my goty. But I'm a little anxious that this will be some mobile or gaas kind of thing. Nier is all about heady narrative, not gameplay loops...

There's already a mobile game and the guy who tweeted this said it seems to be PS4 and PC again

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please be White Chlorination Syndrome/Legion era.
Man that would be so freaking good, specially if they put some sequences based on Grimoire Nier and the drama cd.

Put yeah this is Yoko Taro we are talking about, the way he is he would probably make a sequel that takes place in the Drakengard world of Midgard disguised as a Nier sequel or something to fuck up with people (complete with music timing boss).
Edit:of course I wouldn't complain about that either, I like drakengard too.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I simply cannot believe that fucking Nier of all things is gonna become a series. From a weird ass game that only like 8 people played (myself included) to this. Such an awesome success story. I'm just glad that more and more people are getting to experience Yoko Taro's wonderful and weird stories. He's one of the best video game writers we have, and I'm so happy he's finally getting some recognition!

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
set in an entirely new time again

Definitely, a safe sequel would be one of the worse potential outcomes, though it could still be made to work.

Hopefully they realise the strengths of Automata and allow him to use a new central cast exploring a different set of themes in another corner of his universe.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well then, that was fast. I'm eager to see what Nier looks like on a bigger budget.

I'm sure we'll be getting a great game, but I hope Taro gets to unleash his creativity on other IPs someday.