• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comfortable

Oct 25, 2017

Couldn't find a thread for this, but it was announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Progress is said to transfer to the full game, so I imagine it will likely be the opening chapter for most if not all characters.

Edit: This video confirms it will be the first chapter for every character.

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if I just want to wait a until the full version comes out or dive in a little early.

I'll probably give in

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give this one more chance to pull me in. Previous demo's battle mechanics felt too vanilla.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yes! put 4 hours into the first demo, will play the fuck out of this one, it's great that saves will cary over.

choog

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I dont think this demo will change your opinion then. they already mentioned they haven't changed anything from the first demo, combat-wise

What is your source for this?
In the original demo response video the team said
---
Requests for Battle

"I want the battles to be more fun" is one of the many requests. Square Enix says that the four-man party battles haven't been implemented in the demo and there are still some unannounced details regarding battles, so they ask fans to share feedback on that after getting to try out what the game has to offer. More details will be shared later.

---
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/0...tments-made-fan-feedback/#byQxorlKXYcSthtZ.99

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did not play the first demo, but looking forward to downloading this one and getting an early start with this beautiful looking RPG!

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
Saves will carry over! Hell yeah! And I have a three day weekend so that means only one thing! And yes, I already have my pre-order ready too!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is your source for this?
In the original demo response video the team said
---
Requests for Battle

"I want the battles to be more fun" is one of the many requests. Square Enix says that the four-man party battles haven't been implemented in the demo and there are still some unannounced details regarding battles, so they ask fans to share feedback on that after getting to try out what the game has to offer. More details will be shared later.

---
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/0...tments-made-fan-feedback/#byQxorlKXYcSthtZ.99
That is what I'm talking about. I dont forsee the game playing drastically different now that we know about jobs and having more party members

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
now i'm wondering if i should skip the demo and go into the game blind since i don't know if i'm gonna buy it at launch, and don't want there to be a long gap between when i play the demo and continue the story on the main game.

Last edited:

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
That is what I'm talking about. I dont forsee the game playing drastically different now that we know about jobs and having more party members

Fighting battles 1 vs everyone, versus playing battle with a party of 4 vs everyone will definitely change the feel of the battles a bit I think, if the new demo features gameplay with a full party.

Clearly if you want gameplay in realtime like Ys or Tales or something, that isn't this, and this will never be that... so I guess it just depends on what you're expecting to change.

Edit: I guess upon reading the thread a bit closer, it'll just be the first chapter of the characters, so it seems doubtful you'll have full party combat, so you're most likely right, this won't be too much different from the prior demo's combat I think.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats pretty great ---will try 3-4 of my favorites and then be able to decide which one im gonna start the full version with.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Will be interesting to see the changes between the two demo's.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
That's really cool! Though I'm not entirely sure if I really wanna play the intros to completion or just look how they fine-tuned the game and then wait for the release in july.

Don't know, I think I'd probably prefer just getting a short impression again and then playing through the full game consecutively rather than splitting it up between now and July 13th.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm still blown away by the beauty of this damn game!

I don't really know if I want to play the new demo or wait for the full game, I want to be patience and strong, but I don't see how I could withstand the temptation.