• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope it won't escalate into fighting an ancient evil threat about to destroy the world.

Keep the scope to relatively grounded personal trials and tribulations.

But I can't help but fear that the men who killed Primrose's dad are planning to resurrect an ancient demon lord and Olberic's nemesis is in cahoots with them and they are also connected to the mysterious beast in H'aanit's story.
There is an evil god explained in Ophilia ch1

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
I just hope it won't escalate into fighting an ancient evil threat about to destroy the world.

Keep the scope to relatively grounded personal trials and tribulations.

But I can't help but fear that the men who killed Primrose's dad are planning to resurrect an ancient demon lord and Olberic's nemesis is in cahoots with them and they are also connected to the mysterious beast in H'aanit's story.

I'd honestly prefer that to having 8 singular stories that have no interconnectivity, leading to no party interactions, making them generic members to just have in combat.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Chubby Cait on defeat gives around 55k money, 2k exp, and 1k jp.

n9ZnP8ugSqmgBUn4kzE2X1kE7WopBmrBl2IF4EBu1gI.jpg

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Isn't it Strange that the enemies have no levels but the player does?

I would like to Guage how strong my enemies are

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So here's the thing Era... I played the demo and I'm reminded why I love this kind of game (characters, story, awesome graphics) but also why I hate them (you're penalised for exploring with random fight after random fight). Is this simply me not "getting" the JRPG random encounter style? I love exploring every nook and cranny of a map but I can't bring myself to play this game more because I just get fed up of encounter after encounter. Sure I can 'flee' but that doesn't always work, and - rather like playing golf - I feel like it's a good walk being spoiled. Is there an option to basically turn off random encounters? Or does that just completely screw your ability to level up, get items and money, etc.?

So here's the thing Era... I played the demo and I'm reminded why I love this kind of game (characters, story, awesome graphics) but also why I hate them (you're penalised for exploring with random fight after random fight). Is this simply me not "getting" the JRPG random encounter style? I love exploring every nook and cranny of a map but I can't bring myself to play this game more because I just get fed up of encounter after encounter. Sure I can 'flee' but that doesn't always work, and - rather like playing golf - I feel like it's a good walk being spoiled. Is there an option to basically turn off random encounters? Or does that just completely screw your ability to level up, get items and money, etc.?
Cyrus has an ability that can reduce them. There might be more options available in the full version.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

Scholar's first passive is a 50% encounter rate reduction, so you can either start with Cyrus, or give the passive to someone else when secondary jobs unlock.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
Anyone expect some sort of Bravely Default shenanigans in Octopath? Like we get 8 other characters too:

Theo
Rowena
Adenine
Vernon
Edwin
Lowell
Emily
Rolf

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expect some sort of Bravely Default shenanigans in Octopath? Like we get 8 other characters too:

Theo
Rowena
Adenine
Vernon
Edwin
Lowell
Emily
Rolf

There's speculation that the antagonists' names will spell out TRAVELER, but it's unprovable at the moment. There is, however, more solid evidence that there'll be
4 more jobs obtainable.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Finally hit the 3 hour mark. The game really clicked for me once I got a second party member. Downloaded and ready for launch.