• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
yaTWeKu.jpg

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Team Sword stay winning
ILikeFeet
Last seen 1 minute ago
I agree

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say, not a fan of Pokemonizing more food. I was fine with Vanillite as a one-off (iirc), but now it's a pattern. Though they should've started with Alcremie as this one is way better.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The version exclusive mons don't have much of an impact on me, particularly since they're older ones. Would like to see more. It's the version exclusive gyms that's giving me the :bigthinking: right now.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wasn't digging Dynamax too much because it was just "bigger models", but man Gigantomax is cool. I love fresh new designs.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The protagonists look ready to kill.
unknown.png

unknown.png

The variety of expression on their faces is a huge step up from Sun and Moon for sure.

unknown.png

Loco4Coco

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Is that thing just a ice type Tyranitar? Also if Big Mom was a trainer in Pokémon I know that cake thing would be in her party

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opninion : I'm super hyped.
I'm right with you brother. I'm a filthy casual so I cannot care less about having a full Pokedex. I don't even know the names of 3/4 of the Pokémon.

That said, this looks super good, and after the Ice Cream, Trash Bag and Keychain Pokémon, nothing will ever surprise me again.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Proportions are irrelevant to the overall size of the design.

Godzilla could be 7 feet tall and still be a good design, as well as all the other Kaijus.

This is insane
If Godzilla were small his design would be completely ridiculous, its proportions are designed to look giant. Things like the size of the eyes, claws and scales are made based on that.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Version exclusive gym leaders? Fuck you GF. I hope they are included as post game or something at least

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
While Gen 5 did include version exclusive leaders, at least they were the same type...

Ugh. No idea what to do, but I like the cake Pokemon at least.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lotta people are about to miss out on some otherwise great looking games over the Pokédex

Larvitar is exclusive to Shield, but if I wanna fight Bea then I have to go with Sword. Decisions...

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy, we are about to get a metric ton of 1-stage pokémon only to give the spotlight to this gen's gimmick that will be thrown out the window the second gen 9 starts. Jesus christ!

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Wow we have these 3 and now Bea.

1562592658782.png

When its comes to female character designs, Gamefreak is truly number one in the business.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really meh designs. What is that dragon steel thing.

Watch them cut the new forms on the next game. Why did they make another mega evolution concept if they are sure to take it away later?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're 9 years late on that complaint.
They at least had the same type, were connected story-wise and existed in the same town. Two completely different ones with different types (and very different gyms) seems a shitty.

Also, while people love BW, doesn't mean they like everything in it. That was one thing I wish they didn't make because I want to be able to know and enjoy all characters. Now if someone wants to meet all gym leaders they'll have to buy two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.