• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Watched it on the livestream. Good talk. Not much new footage. But some good info. The story talk was cool. Wasnt expecting that route

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Best stakes

FadhOD5XoAAkHEp

FadhONpXwAAhP_v

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
Game looks good. Skill tree looks like it has 4 playstyles for each character.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, and I really trust Arkane here to make good decisions with their games. I know there's some skepticism around the multiplayer component and how multiplayer will work, but I think the developers know what makes Arkane games popular and they're going to be in tune with that in the game. The developer commentary in this seems to suggest they're on the same page.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Looks stunning, love how they say it's an open world for on foot travel, should mean there is something interesting to see often. Looks like I'll probably be playing as Jacob love the raven and sniper stealthy combo.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least it'll come out on gamepass day 1, don't think I'd spend money on this after deathloop.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I am really not feeling this. Very sad they moved away from the games that made me fall in love with them.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they change how progression works eventually. Not everyone has friends that are willing to play through a game 3 times to ensure everyone gets progress. Can't say it is a fun idea to play through a game 3 times either tbh.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I see of this game the more I'm impressed by it. Particularly the visuals. Game looks fantastic.

Oct 27, 2021
I'd be fine if I never played anything with vampires (or zombies) ever again, but I am very much here for the "open world in a small New England town" angle. Especially since I grew up in a small New England town. There's a lot of meat on that bone and tons of cool ideas I could see, depending on how they chose to go with the story and design.

Honestly, none of that really matters, because I'm going to be buying this regardless. I am very much at the "shut up and take my money" stage with Arkane.

I've actually been replaying Dishonored again the past couple weeks, just got to the Daud DLC. Still holds up great. I notice something I never did before in every single playthrough. The people at Arkane are just so, so talented and good at what they do.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Borderlands, as a general structure, by way of Arkane, with more Destiny-style itemization for guns.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Not feeling this at all. I guess MP makes sense for them since Dishonored and Prey didn't sell enough, but I would so much rather play a game like those two vs whatever this is.

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022
Not feeling this at all. I guess MP makes sense for them since Dishonored and Prey didn't sell enough, but I would so much rather play a game like those two vs whatever this is.
Arkane Lyon will hopefully keep working on immersive sims. I've got a feeling Redfall is going to be a hit so I'm expecting Austin to be working on this franchise for a while...

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm a little disappointed, I heard there would be 30 minutes of Redfall at Quakecon, I thought it was going to be mostly gameplay.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Have they changed their minds on the no respeccing thing yet? Not sure how much I'll play if I really have to start a new character to try a new build.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Have they changed their minds on the no respeccing thing yet? Not sure how much I'll play if I really have to start a new character to try a new build.
I don't really understand the desire for respeccing as it's just your abilities you are upgrading? It's not like Elden Ring or something where your build significantly impacts your ability to access content or play styles.

31d1d8183cc388a623be6b10450600b3.jpg

It's not like the skill tree is that deep. Idk, it's like wanting to respec in Spider-Man 2018 or God of War to me. Sure the option is an option, but by the time you get to the end of the game you'll probably have the full thing filled in (or mostly) anyway.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
This looks like a ton of fun for those who have friends

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017

Arkane Lyon will hopefully keep working on immersive sims. I've got a feeling Redfall is going to be a hit so I'm expecting Austin to be working on this franchise for a while...
This is an immersive sim. Did you both not bother to watch the video?

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Not sure if I will love the multiplayer, but as long as the single player feels like an Arkane game I will love it.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
This really alleviates a lot of my concerns, especially for single player. Excited to play it. Looks more like an immersive sim or what I want out of an Arkane game than Deathloop so happy for that.