Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I am really not feeling this. Very sad they moved away from the games that made me fall in love with them.

I have faith in Arkane but yes, no one does immersive sims quite the way they do. I'd love to see another Dishonored instead, but I understand they don't want to keep making the same game over and over again.

Nov 8, 2017
I have faith in Arkane but yes, no one does immersive sims quite the way they do. I'd love to see another Dishonored instead, but I understand they don't want to keep making the same game over and over again.

Prey 2-2 was what I wanted but I knew I wouldn't get it after it flopped. Even critics didn't rate it very highly (because they're wrong!)

Jul 26, 2018
Didn't watch the whole video but at least what I watched sounded very interesting. It's a pity it won't have a 3rd person camera toggle, I'm not sure how I feel about playing an FPS

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
This is an immersive sim. Did you both not bother to watch the video?
I did, and I find it utterly uninteresting. It's main focus is also MP which is most likely will be detrimental to the story. It absolutely doesn't have the vibes from Dishonored games or Prey.

I also found previous game, ie Death loop quite mediocre as well. So yeah, stop with your unfounded assumptions.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I did, and I find it utterly uninteresting. It's main focus is also MP which is most likely will be detrimental to the story. It absolutely doesn't have the vibes from Dishonored games or Prey.

I also found previous game, ie Death loop quite mediocre as well. So yeah, stop with your unfounded assumptions.
Its main focus is to be an Arkane game. The devs say that, over and over. It has added coop. ???

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Genuinely don't understand how there isn't more hype for this. This looks fucking excellent.

I'll be playing solo

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I expected to see new footage? Not sure why that is an out there take but you do you Vin
To be fair, its one thing to say, "I'm disappointed theres not new footage", its another thing to say "this is a bad look" implying the game is fucked because they didnt have new footage between a 2 month time span after an E3 blowout. I can't even begin to count how many hundreds of games this has been the case for over the years.

Jan 11, 2018
Looks really awesome, though my confidence is shaken by the mediocre Deathloop, and I'm also really put off by them tying all progression to the host in this game... I really wanted to try it out in multi. Oh well. If it's said that it holds up well as a singleplayer experience I might still check it out.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
They seem to be saying the right things. I'm still skeptical about some of the multiplayer / 1 character per playthrough decisions, but I like what I'm hearing about everything else. I'm more interested than ever after this video, they seem to understand where people's reservations are and are trying to address that.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, its one thing to say, "I'm disappointed theres not new footage", its another thing to say "this is a bad look" implying the game is fucked because they didnt have new footage between a 2 month time span after an E3 blowout. I can't even begin to count how many hundreds of games this has been the case for over the years.

I guess I'll just close this out by saying its a bad look doesn't mean the game is fucked.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me.
Yeah lol. They keep saying it's a single player Arkane-style campaign but with optional co-op and we've got peeps in every thread acting like it's a F2P PVP shooter. Same thing happened with Deathloop, so many people thought it was a competitive shooter right up until launch just because there was a single optional competitive element in an otherwise single player story game.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Same thing happened with Deathloop, so many people thought it was a competitive shooter right up until launch just because there was a single optional competitive element in an otherwise single player story game.
That I'd blame the earlier marketing materials on, because it was very hard to figure out what kind of game they were going for until they elaborated a bit.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I put Arkane one tier below the likes of Naughty Dog as the industries most talented developers.

I think Redfall looks excellent, apart from the fact that I just don't do co-operative games. I'm too old to sync up with three other adult friends who all have their own priorities. So this will live and die for me for how polished and good that single player experience is and how much it gives me that Arkane magic. If it feels like a balanced, narrative-led, immersive sim on my own then I'm all in.

Prey was absolutely fantastic.

Protagonist

Sep 13, 2021
Arkane has one of the best Visual Development teams out there. The game just oozes style, for me, without looking campy.

Reeeeaaally looking forward to playing this!

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
i cant shake it...this looks super generic to me. Like a mashup of current trends in one game. From the visual style to what i can deduct what the gameplay is going to be.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great actually. Exploring a small town with Arkane's player agency and environmental storytelling sounds fun and I like the vampire angle. We need less zombie games and more vampire ones.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
That I'd blame the earlier marketing materials on, because it was very hard to figure out what kind of game they were going for until they elaborated a bit.
Yeah, it seemed quite MP heavy from marketing. And for this current title, emphasis on separate 4 characters also makes it seem like an MP title.

Also, I didn't particular like Deathloop and Redfall just doesn't have anything that would generate interest for me personally. Yes, I saw the videos, but it's a giant "meh" so far.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I put Arkane one tier below the likes of Naughty Dog as the industries most talented developers.

I think Redfall looks excellent, apart from the fact that I just don't do co-operative games. I'm too old to sync up with three other adult friends who all have their own priorities. So this will live and die for me for how polished and good that single player experience is and how much it gives me that Arkane magic. If it feels like a balanced, narrative-led, immersive sim on my own then I'm all in.

Prey was absolutely fantastic.
Yeah, I hope it will just be a normal singleplayer Arkane experience.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it seemed quite MP heavy from marketing. And for this current title, emphasis on separate 4 characters also makes it seem like an MP title.

Also, I didn't particular like Deathloop and Redfall just doesn't have anything that would generate interest for me personally. Yes, I saw the videos, but it's a giant "meh" so far.
I see a lot of people bringing Deathloop up, but like, it's a completely different studio.

Unless I'm wrong this is what the team that made Prey started working on afterwards?

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
I think this might be a great little adventure next year. Their vampire lore seems pretty unique and I expect them to nail the level design – if Dishonored and Deathloop are Prey is anything to go by. Getting RPG systems where guns have perks and can be leveled up is just icing on the cake.

The only things that stop me from getting too hyped are the characters and some of the art direction. It veers too much into Borderlands cartoon style. I know it's done for a broader appeal and extended longevity, but I'd rather it have a grittier look.

Good video.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Definitely looking forward to this solo/co-op side. Only game from them I haven't played is Deathloop but hopefully that will change soon. I'm a fan of Arkane and so far, they have delivered for me. Still would love a Prey 2 though.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

This is the Austin studio, the one behind Prey.

Arkane Lyon is working on something else, it might be Deathloop 2, Dishonored 3 or a brand new IP.

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
I don't typically like Arkane games but this looks amazing to me. Can't wait to play it.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've learned that I'm more a Prey fan than an Arkane fan in general. But I haven't written the game off yet. Not the end of the world if I'm not super enthused going into it.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
They're saying all the right things about the game as far as what I've come to love about Arkane games; complex and deep environments, environmental storytelling, freedom of choice and approach. But I still really struggle to see how this will actually work well in an MP environment. That just feels like a good way to miss out on most of that.

They claim it will be a good SP experience, and that's probably what I'll do so I can take my time and fully enjoy the world they created. Hopefully they balance things appropriately.