Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Oh? I thought she died at the end. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

Her physical body died, but she transferred her consciousness to Moira, and the end of Rev2 teases that she is in control. There is a DLC that released after the main game that makes that pretty explicit. They haven't addressed what happened after Moira/Alex comes home to live with the Burtons

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Revelations 3 will happen when Jill comes back in a new, modern role. Kappa

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god parrying.

OH MY GOD THE KRAUSER FIGHT IS GONNA BE SICK AF. JUST MAKE IT A PARRY FIGHT WITH RAD SOUND EFFECTS.

OP
OP
Biosnake

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
6xpgfl.gif

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Her physical body died, but she transferred her consciousness to Moira, and the end of Rev2 teases that she is in control. There is a DLC that released after the main game that makes that pretty explicit. They haven't addressed what happened after Moira/Alex comes home to live with the Burtons
Ah ok, I never played any of the DLC. Guess that's still open for a game then.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, Revelation 3 where we kill the last wesker would be cool. And then hopefully they retire most characters and we get more Ethan like stories with new characters thrust into a conflict like 7 and 8.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if RE5 remake is needed at all. I mean yeah the contextual stuff and story lore enemy design and all of that, but I mean just functionally the game plays so well already. It also visually just looks really good. It goes to the same pile as Dead Space from that console generation that just look weirdly good visually even today. I play it on PC with my friend every now and then and it always impresses.

Would I like to see it because I just really liked the game experience I had in co-op? Of course, but I think the resources would be best spent elsewhere. Well I say that while the game is propably the best selling resident evil ever so obviously it had a lot of players so maybe it makes financial sense. It's not like they ask me for input. But if they do it, they should make Sheva the main character and Chris the tag-along. Or have the tag along be Josh and then Chris makes a comeback in the volcano, dropping from a helicopter while being all "don't worry you two, I got this boulder!".

Oct 27, 2017
you mean natalia. Moira isn't infected with Wesker virus

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
So many details to talk about. Huber says he says shotgun head explosions. He saw Krauser in the intro. He had grenades, stealth kills, and the bell tower collapses if you try to camp in it.

The merchant shows the harpoon gun is a regular weapon in this game that can impale enemies and you can retrieve the arrows. There seems to be charms that will buff drop rates.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
RE4 is in my top ten and I've always been a little skeptical of the prospect of a remake because it still plays well.

This was a little disappointing because it doesn't seem to retain any of the B-movie cheesiness of the original, taking itself way too seriously for something so ridiculous. And Salazar has been turned into an old man when he was a funny little guy who was "...only 20 years old." while making weird post 9/11 commentary. I shouldn't be surprised considering Capcom seems to have no sense of humor when it comes to RE.

With that said, the gameplay looks fucking incredible and building upon what they've done with the previous remakes. I guess I'll buy it? It'll look beautiful and play great but it just won't have a soul which is just as bad if not worse than the graphics and gameplay being off the mark considering how wonderful the original is.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Or they are waiting for Natalia to grow up.

Capcom doesn't have the balls to have a child as a villain.

This is a good point. I do like how all Alex, Miranda and Spencer went their different ways off achieving immortality.
Mother Miranda being the most successful. Spencer seemed the biggest failure as Wesker found her host to extend her life.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wondering if crouching can also function as a spot dodge like in 6 lmao

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the changes to the knife having a gauge and all. Hopefully it's not OP like RE2 Remake.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good point. I do like how all Alex, Miranda and Spencer went their different ways off achieving immortality.
Mother Miranda being the most successful. Spencer seemed the biggest failure as Wesker found her host to extend her life.
You know what's funny? Wesker actually became immortal (As in not aging) in RE5 when he took Uroboros.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
RE4 is in my top ten and I've always been a little skeptical of the prospect of a remake because it still plays well.

This was a little disappointing because it doesn't seem to retain any of the B-movie cheesiness of the original, taking itself way too seriously for something so ridiculous. And Salazar has been turned into an old man when he was a funny little guy who was "...only 20 years old." while making weird post 9/11 commentary. I shouldn't be surprised considering Capcom seems to have no sense of humor when it comes to RE.

With that said, the gameplay looks fucking incredible and building upon what they've done with the previous remakes. I guess I'll buy it? It'll look beautiful and play great but it just won't have a soul which is just as bad if not worse than the graphics and gameplay being off the mark considering how wonderful the original is.
We've seen very little and it's not like Leon being chased by a statue levels of camp was in the first couple of levels. Also, Salazar seems completely the same, just the tech actually allows them to capture that Espers from Akira look better.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Looks real good. Not as arcade-y as the original, which is a bit of a shame, but RE4 is so available and so cheap everywhere that they can co-exist very well.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
We've seen very little and it's not like Leon being chased by a statue levels of camp was in the first couple of levels. Also, Salazar seems completely the same, just the tech actually allows them to capture that Espers from Akira look better.
Oh yea that's a good call.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Looks real good. Not as arcade-y as the original, which is a bit of a shame, but RE4 is so available and so cheap everywhere that they can co-exist very well.
I own way too many copies of RE4, I think the only platforms I'm missing are PC/Quest, Switch and Xbox 360, and if Capcom did a native PS5 version that upped the res to 4K. Yeah, I'd buy it again.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
This was a little disappointing because it doesn't seem to retain any of the B-movie cheesiness of the original, taking itself way too seriously for something so ridiculous. (...) I shouldn't be surprised considering Capcom seems to have no sense of humor when it comes to RE.

Maybe it was never meant to be a clownshoes joke for you to laugh at. Maybe it was really just an earnest attempt at recreating clichés of american action movies, filtered by a japanese lense of pop-culture that simply isn't comparable to yours.

Super weird to say a game either has to be Spec Ops: The Line, or just a B-movie. A Resi game can be about zombies and a cult in Spain, and you are capable of taking that at face value, if you just try.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

Leon sets a cow on fire and when it rampages through the town he utters a snarky one liner

The bingo line is in

You parry a chainsaw with a single knife

This game looks goofy as shit

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So many details to talk about. Huber says he says shotgun head explosions. He saw Krauser in the intro. He had grenades, stealth kills, and the bell tower collapses if you try to camp in it.

The merchant shows the harpoon gun is a regular weapon in this game that can impale enemies and you can retrieve the arrows. There seems to be charms that will buff drop rates.
Sounds great! I can't wait.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He was proposing a Thanos like situation
No he wasn't. He was proposing to turn the vast majority of the population into tentacle monsters. Any of the "chosen" would've been consumed by the sheer amount of biomass from all the BOWs that would've suddenly popped up. Wesker was a literal idiot for thinking that plan would work.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was never meant to be a clownshoes joke for you to laugh at. Maybe it was really just an earnest attempt at recreating clichés of american action movies, filtered by a japanese lense of pop-culture that simply isn't comparable to yours.

Super weird to say a game either has to be Spec Ops: The Line, or just a B-movie. A Resi game can be about zombies and a cult in Spain, and you are capable of taking that at face value, if you just try.
I think the earlier games were what you were suggesting, but RE4 seemed intentionally campy in JP too.
www.resetera.com

That time Leon called Luis "Louis" in Resident Evil 4

"Migiude o okurimashita." -> "I've sent my right arm." "Migiude ga toreru no ka?" -> "Your right arm can be taken off?" (Screenshot is the thumbnail of a Japanese video about funny Resident Evil 4 quotes.)
L Thammy said:
mqdefaulteucnc.jpg

"Migiude o okurimashita." -> "I've sent my right arm."
"Migiude ga toreru no ka?" -> "Your right arm can be taken off?"

(Screenshot is the thumbnail of a Japanese video about funny Resident Evil 4 quotes.)

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States

Idk anything about the localization process of the game but my money would be on the funny vibe being intentional.

Super weird to say a game either has to be Spec Ops: The Line, or just a B-movie.

Didn't say that. Just saying the original has a funny vibe to it and this doesn't seem to have it from what I've seen thus far. It's got signs though.

Leon sets a cow on fire and when it rampages through the town he utters a snarky one liner

The bingo line is in

You parry a chainsaw with a single knife

This game looks goofy as shit

Again I'm hopeful based on the cow line and supposed bingo line (can only find dusk golem on twitter saying it's in there but not a clip) but thus far it's only as goofy as other REs have been recently; I'm laughing at it, not with it.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great, I'm hyped. Only downside is that the case arrangement "mini game" seems gone though :(

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Looks absolutely mind blowing. Thank god they kept the one liners, the roundhouse kicks, and the dark yet goofy tone. So glad they didn't listen to those modern moviegame fans clamoring for some dark overly serious 'mature' stuff.

Awesome to see RE6-style parries in as well, that seems to burn your knife durability.

The only thing that worries me is the manual crouching and stealth because....
Huber confirms stealth kills with knife
Welp, this is what I was fearing. Survival horror devs need to stop adding stealth mechanics to their games just because it is 'expected' of a game with modern production/visuals. When every fight can be opened by you sneaking around and taking out enemies without spending ammo (which is a resource in the genre), that will always be the optimal way to go and what players will do. Suddenly you are not on the backfoot in a tense fight for survival anymore, you are the predator hunting braindead enemies. This is what ruined The Evil Within 2 and I really hope they don't let it ruin this.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
Looks great, but I'm not sold yet.
I wanna see more combat and check if they have properly modernized enemies pathfinding and hit reactions, two aspect where the original aged badly.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The literal multiple bossfights whenever this virus with an incredibly low success rate failed to properly assimilate with a host. There were what, like thirty-forty piles when Excella turned and the end result of that was one that nearly took over a ship. A ton of those running around a city would quickly get out of hand. Wesker was in fact, a genuine crazy person who had lost his damn mind and didn't think of the most likely end result. Instead, thinking he'd be left with a ton of cat eyed humans who..will just ignore the fact that he just turned the world into tentacle monsters.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
No he wasn't. He was proposing to turn the vast majority of the population into tentacle monsters. Any of the "chosen" would've been consumed by the sheer amount of biomass from all the BOWs that would've suddenly popped up. Wesker was a literal idiot for thinking that plan would work.

I assumed that some of them could still retain their humanity (in appearance) by controlling it? The second leech battle had this happen for a bit. I guess it's been a while.

But yeah he's a cartoon villain to the maximum in 5, the plan sucked.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I assumed that some of them could still retain their humanity (in appearance) by controlling it? The second leech battle had this happen for a bit. I guess it's been a while.

But yeah he's a cartoon villain to the maximum in 5, the plan sucked.
If you are accepted by Uroboros then you don't age and take full control of the virus.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I like a lot of what I saw, but... the voice acting is such a tremendous step down.

I'm sure the other changes or omissions I saw are just a desire to make the game different from the original, but we'll have to wait and see.