Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
This is what I expect for a full price remake. Entire game built from the ground up with new gameplay and level design whilst maintaining the spirit of the classic game. Capcom leading the way, and they'll profit wildly due to it. Looks magnificent.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Oh for fucks sake. They put the special shotgun from RE3* as a special weapon in REmake 4. AND IT'S MISSING FROM REMAKE 3. Capcom is just twisting the knife at this point.

*or something very like it.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
SmW5b7s.jpg

Can't wait to play as Stephano.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that the people are used to the previous VA for Ada but I'm all for more representation for people of colour in these roles and I feel like it is the right thing to do in terms of casting.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
It looks incredible. Wow. I wish I hadn't watched the story trailer, but it's ok. Media blackout from here on.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
i love how dumb those extra costumes are.

Hope the game has the rpd suit and the fancy suit as well.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that the people are used to the previous VA for Ada but I'm all for more representation for people of colour in these roles and I feel like it is the right thing to do in terms of casting.
I'm all for that, but from the few lines I've heard so far from her, I'm really not feeling it

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for that, but from the few lines I've heard so far from her, I'm really not feeling it

Never know, that could be how she was directed to act for the scene. Maybe she's trying to seem cold and wooden to Leon. She does tell him to leave Ashley to die, after all.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't take anything out capcom like resident evil 2&3,can't wait to see the Iron Maiden's and regenerators.
As good as this is looking... I think its a very safe assumption that something will be cut... RE2 and 3 were smaller games and had cuts. RE4 is a much larger game... it just seems unlikely we are getting a fully uncut version of the game. Im not suggesting that the island is cut or anything... just maybe some areas will be trimmed, its clear from the footage that its not going to be a 1:1 remake just with pretty new graphics, they'll flesh out certain bits and probably cut others. Im just wondering if the Salazar robot makes it in lol.

This is what I expect for a full price remake. Entire game built from the ground up with new gameplay and level design whilst maintaining the spirit of the classic game. Capcom leading the way, and they'll profit wildly due to it. Looks magnificent.
Yeah, Capcom's usually pretty good when it comes to remakes... at least their remakes are actual "remakes" with actual new content/areas etc. This gameplay footage certainly impressed me that they are fleshing out the gameplay nicely - the enhanced melee counter stuff has me very excited, as does doing that village encounter all over again (it looked amazing... best set piece ever?)
With how the game is getting a PS4 port... I gotta wonder how this'll run on the Steam Deck... Im playing the RE3 remake on it right now and its 60FPS and looking incredibly gorgeous!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the positives, I loved how smooth the UI looked and ran with RE2's remake. So, very keen for this.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Replace TEW2 with the original TEW and I'm in agreement.
The original TEW was super mid. From the incoherent story to the upgrade system to the set pieces not to mention it was very unpolished. TEW2 was one of the GOAT horror games last gen for rectifying so many design issues the first game had and also being WAY more polished. That ending sequence is still so good to this day.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This trailer looked WAY less cross gen than the first. All the character models look great. Amazing assets and lighting. I am very excited for this now.

Black Soma

Oct 27, 2017
Tha roundhouse kick looks beautiful, and so does the new knife parry, holy shit

The fucking flashy dlc costumes are so extra, they're perfect. Just need Ada's red dress in there.

Resident-Evil-4-Deluxe-Edition.jpg

Edit: just realized this game got the lever action shotgun when RE3 didn't....
Just like it didn't get Nemesis/Jill's signature 4 barrel rocket launcher, or the minigun. They really did that game dirty.
I wonder if some of those extra outfits are a nod to the Devil May Cry origins of the game.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Man, I'm still in awe that they gave this motherfucker a knife parry

Parries are legit one of my favorite game mechanics of all time, and they added it to a remake of a GOAT game

Like bruh

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find anything on YT, is there a 4k upload for the gameplay and trailer? This compression just ruining the fine detail and deep blacks :/

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
The shot of Leon parrying the chainsaw reminds me of one of the promotional shots from the original. Can't find it though!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The original TEW was super mid. From the incoherent story to the upgrade system to the set pieces not to mention it was very unpolished. TEW2 was one of the GOAT horror games last gen for rectifying so many design issues the first game had and also being WAY more polished.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
The original TEW was super mid. From the incoherent story to the upgrade system to the set pieces not to mention it was very unpolished. TEW2 was one of the GOAT horror games last gen for rectifying so many design issues the first game had and also being WAY more polished. That ending sequence is still so good to this day.
Evil within 2 is so good that I almost recommended playing 1 despite not liking it at all so you can get the full experience for that moment

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
The original TEW was super mid. From the incoherent story to the upgrade system to the set pieces not to mention it was very unpolished. TEW2 was one of the GOAT horror games last gen for rectifying so many design issues the first game had and also being WAY more polished.
TEW is quite literally a better RE6 for me. Like if I have to accept abusing checkpoint systems to progress rather than learning from my mistakes, yeah I;m not gonna hold glowing opinions. I really need to get around to TEW2.

Oct 30, 2017
They are easily going to top the original… they turned RE4 into something I originally wanted in the 6th generation.. a spooky more survivor horror vibed.

Another successful remake for the history in the making, this will sell like hot cake and continues to do so for a very very long time.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017

Right. RE4 was an action masterpiece, but with diminished survival mechanics and horror tone. TEW married them all together, kept the tightness of RE4's pace, and even heightened the horror with surreal elements. TEW2 hits quite differently.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
So Ashley had her OG outfit after all.
you can see it in the shot she's infected.