• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GarrettInk

Feb 6, 2019
The cheeks are puffier than the original, that's why he looks younger.
I hope they fix it since he looks a bit too close to Ryo's age than his father.

Still, I'll take what I get. Go ahead and do your thing, Suzuki-san.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is talking about Lan Di but the environment he's in looks incredible. Really detailed and clean looking and just oozes atmosphere. Exactly what I want from a Shenmue game.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... maybe its the angle, but he looks more "rounded". The old Lan Di had a sharpness in his face that helped make him look evil. Hopefully I can see him in another angle, but yeah, in that photo he looks ok. But not as good as Old Lan Di.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
VMMsoOf.gif

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's the first screenshot that is 100% perfect. That gives me hope again !

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Original Lan Di:

181568-char_landi_shenmue.jpg

I do kind of agree that he looks weirdly younger here, but I think part of that may just be the sort of odd angle we have to look at him.

I always thought that some sort of similarity (specifically Lan Di's scar/Ryo's bandaid) was intentional. Ryo is very much on the path to perpetuating a cycle of violence and becoming like the man he hates if he doesn't come to his senses.

That's because they're brothers. Bank on it.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Does look younger than his old model in this one picture. Wonder if it's intentional or just a strange angle or whatever.

Been so many years and still August seems so far away.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wild arms remake looking good
(jk those screenshoots looks great but we really need to get a gameplay video now)
DzyI21GWkAEYzLv.jpg

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
He looks younger and... less menacing ? They made him... more handsome ?
Lan Di kinda had a dark presence, something menacing and evil coming out from him. Here he looks... more human.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
This is finally starting to look like freaking Shenmue 3!!!

Also i love that old Am2-style use of saturated colors, this is getting so freaking good omg!!!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just about to start my replay of Shenmue 2. This gets me super hyped. Can't wait :) Ren and the environments are looking great as well.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Ryo's face pasted on Lan Di's head. Why are they getting so many things so wrong with this game?

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
That's because they're brothers. Bank on it.
Iwao would be 15 when Lan Di was born. Biologically possible, but it doesn't really make sense in the timeline, plus I don't think this game would venture into teen pregnancy.

Also, I just realized I was younger than Ryo when I played Shenmue and now I'm older than Lan Di.

arglebargle

Oct 26, 2017
i was never all that concerned about the graphics, but this is looking good. i continue to be excited for this.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
New screens look awesome, especially Lan Di. Really excited to see this in motion with the trailer coming on March 9th!