Gowans
    Member OP

2. NSA

NSA

Well I'll be.

3. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Create your own Dreamworks character.

4. Looks great, love the layered look and these avatars seem much more fluid!

Can't wait to try them.

5. Certinfy

Certinfy

Can’t believe these still exist.

6. Looks great, wonder if this was meant to be public though lol

7. iiicon

iiicon

This will be totally lost on my avatar, clothed in Johnny Gat's cartoonishly large head and John Marston's suit, but cool nonetheless.

8. Ethifury

Ethifury

Damn, those features are amazing. Might have to bring back my avatar

9. JINX

JINX

They look good! Damn a lot of work has gone into these, there is a whole dedicated team for avatars now.

10. Gowans

Gowans
    Member OP

Looks a lot closer to the target trailer they showed after the conference at e3 last year.

Some of the early leaked unit model characters looked really ropey.

11. Deadass

Deadass

Wow, they look good.
    I was concerned that those screenshots where they didnt match the trailer would be how they ended up looking.

Now if they can make games using our avatars that’d be dope

12. kittens

kittens

looks fun

13. I wonder if any games are in the works that will support them. The Xbox 360 had a fair amount.

14. Phonomezer

Phonomezer

Avatar Battle Royale, come through.

15. sevenchaos

sevenchaos

Well that certainly looks nice. Was there ever an ETA for their return?

16. AntiMacro

AntiMacro

That was my first thought too. These things look straight out of a Pixar movie's roster of background characters.

17. EvilBoris

EvilBoris

They’ve improved the materials and lighting in the more recent avatar editor

18. Finaj

Finaj

I wonder if Electric Square's theorized Forza kart game will use them...

19. 2112

Oh god..why.

20. Gowans

Gowans
    Member OP

They have to be hitting Preview soon, there was some news end of last year.

The exisiting Avatar app just got updated to be called Original 360 Avatar App last week I think.

21. Raide

Raide

Hoping for a MS version of Nintendoland but actually good. They could have a home style hub and split off into a Kart Racing area, a 1v100 quiz area, a pilot wings style zone etc. Also an arcade to play classic games.

22. El_TigroX

El_TigroX

Those were pretty much all tied to Kinect. That thing's not a priority anymore, so I wonder as well with what they could do... E3, just around the corner!

23. Hexer

Hexer

Looking good! They've gotta release this to us Preview members soon.

24. Starlatine

Starlatine

...why what? no one is going to force you to use the new avatars if you dont want to

25. EvilBoris

EvilBoris

I am, at gunpoint

26. Vire

Vire

These look really good, definitely better than anything else I’ve seen before.

27. ForgedByGeeks

ForgedByGeeks

I hope this is hitting Xbox Alpha soon. Can't wait to try it out.

I hope even more that they give us something to use Avatars with again. While Kinect had its problems, I loved being able to use my avatar in the games. Same with a bunch of old XBLIG content.

28. Spasm

Spasm

I'm thinking that Sea of Thieves' Infinite Pirate Generator [tm] has no customization options cause it was supposed to allow you to use New Avatars as your player character.

29. Pikachu

Pikachu

Is that Leffen

30. MrBS

MrBS

Play your xbox avatar in the next Assassin's Creed or something similar would be neat for a E3 stage reveal. We'll see.

edit
    lol I forgot that game exists, that makes even more sense.

31. Windu

Windu

I wonder if they will bother to recreate all of the objects and clothes from the old avatars. Probably not. But here's hoping.

32. Derp1414

Derp1414

I want a new Doritos Crash Course! Fun little game with friends.

33. Marvel just released a bunch of Infinity War avatar outfits for free. I can't imagine that they would have done that unless the Xbox One avatars were ready to go sometime soon around the movie's launch.

34. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Doubtful, but it would be cool if they did allow that.

35. THEVOID

THEVOID

These look great. My kids are gonna go Gaga for this shit. Looks better than I imagined.

36. Solid

Solid

I mean, sure, it's neat, but there's still not enough granularity. If I can't change minute details like how big the nose I've chosen is or how spaced apart my eyes are, shit like that, then I still won't be able to make a character that doesn't just look like a bad approximation of myself.

37. Qwark

Qwark

Nintendoland was a lot of fun though. I would be down if Microsoft can come up with something as fun as Find Mii and Animal Crossing: Sweet Day.

38. Keldroc

Keldroc

I have no idea how to see other people's avatars on Xbone. Weird that they're still updating these when they've buried them so far in the OS they're basically a non-entity to most users.

39. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

These look fantastic.

I assume they are putting in all this effort to actually be able to use it front and center.

40. orangeb1ood503

orangeb1ood503
    Banned Member

this please, let me take my dumb avatar in a BR game. I loved the motocross game on 360 that used are avatars.

41. EvilBoris

EvilBoris

They are on the Profile page if the user has set to display it. Otherwise you just see the gamerpic

42. Lucent

Lucent

No they don't! =p

Yeah these are looking good, though. I hope they have use besides just sitting with our gamertags. Bring back 1vs100! Lol.

43. hexanaut

hexanaut

1 vs. 100 Battle Royale

44. Wizzly

Wizzly

Work on games not avatars.

45. MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Wonder why PlayStation never got into the avatar crazy. Nintendo has their Miis and Xbox has this. PlayStation did have PlayStation Home but that never really tied into your general account.

46. Anti

Anti

So instead of first party titles or new quality ips, xbox owners will get avatars.

This is the reason I changed from Xbox to ps.

47. I was never into customizing my avatar but the amount of stuff they've added and detail put in is pretty cool.

48. Can't think that way, this obviously has zero affect on any games being or not being created from a resource perspective. Just play on the platform you prefer and enjoy it.

49. Coolduderedux

Coolduderedux

bring back texas hold 'em with the new avatars!

Is this available for insiders yet?

50. THEVOID

THEVOID

And yet here you are still posting in Xbox threads.