• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Some gacha devs have made paths into the console business.

Looking at Cygames and now Shiftup.

I've wondered before if Mihoyo will eventually hit a saturation point with gacha where they might start making other types of games.

Just remembered Ex Astris which is only available on mobile but is a b2p game.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Some new things posted on Hoyolab:
Quality of Life stuff
System changes/new content in the beta

I guess the big things are
- TV mode gets a 2x speed mode
- New type of commissions that seem to be combat only, no TV mode in those (at least it reads that way)
- Story missions have selectable difficulty, Casual or Challenge
- new city areas
- new faction "Sons of Calydon"
- new story chapter(s?)

and there's more

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Some new things posted on Hoyolab:
Quality of Life stuff
System changes/new content in the beta

I guess the big things are
- TV mode gets a 2x speed mode
- New type of commissions that seem to be combat only, no TV mode in those (at least it reads that way)
- Story missions have selectable difficulty, Casual or Challenge
- new city areas
- new faction "Sons of Calydon"
- new story chapter(s?)

and there's more

So I take it they're still forcing "resin" for story missions?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Beta is open now

300 pulls guarantees you a Standard Character of your choice just like HSR. (I will be going exclusively for Von Lycaon)

And yes we got a weapon banner.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So this has Character, Weapon, and Pet Wishes.
But you still have to roll for Artifact subs?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well if the betas's progress won't be carried to the full release then I don't feel like sad for not getting in

If I understand, 3 + Standard. I don't know how the Bangboo banner works or if the weapon banner is 75/25, or 50/50.

Pls don't tell me that those banners can be funded with wishes that you buy with real money to get the characters and then they just evaporate after release and you don't get any character you spent money on.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The weeklies from the last beta were fairly generous for MHY standards (Gave something like 10+ pulls) but you can't really assume those numbers will stick

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Well if the betas's progress won't be carried to the full release then I don't feel like sad for not getting in

Pls don't tell me that those banners can be funded with wishes that you buy with real money to get the characters and then they just evaporate after release and you don't get any character you spent money on.
In China you can spend apparently but that money gets added to your account for full release.

Nothing from the beta transfers over progress wise.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
In China you can spend apparently but that money gets added to your account for full release.

Nothing from the beta transfers over progress wise.

Ah if those get transferred to your account then it's fine. It gonna be funny seeing that you unlocked a certain character in the beta that you wanted with real money but then later in the retail game you fail to get. XD

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Man the animation in this game is something else, very nice. 120fps on PC oh and looks like controller support on android, damn.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed from a stream but here us what the Bangboo banner looks like
GLcmi06XEAA1EVh

It has a higher rate for A rank than character banner and it seems to have its own pull tickets? I assume you can exchange for it with regular currency.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It has a higher rate for A rank than character banner and it seems to have its own pull tickets? I assume you can exchange for it with regular currency.
One of the Hoyolab posts said that you can get the Bangboo pull tickets from Hollow Zero and other game modes. You can probably still use premium currency to exchange for it on top of that though, yeah.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone tell me how ois the exploration of this game? Is it fully open world with multiple levels of verticality like Genshin or boring linear and limited like Star rail with segmented areas?

Man the animation in this game is something else, very nice. 120fps on PC oh and looks like controller support on android, damn.

Yeah Hoyo are getting better in animations with every enw game they have.

Grabbed from a stream but here us what the Bangboo banner looks like
GLcmi06XEAA1EVh

That character in the left corner looks like Chevreue and POM-POM fused. XD

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Beta is open now

300 pulls guarantees you a Standard Character of your choice just like HSR. (I will be going exclusively for Von Lycaon)

And yes we got a weapon banner.

[Looks up standard 5s]
Damn they are pretty disappointing, only 1 dude and most of em look like 4 stars, Von Lycaon it is
The design for the girls have been very weak so far. The cop lady's ok for a regular human. Von Lycaon, Ben, Billy Kidd all knock it out of the park.
1twk5upep5vc1.jpeg

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me how ois the exploration of this game? Is it fully open world with multiple levels of verticality like Genshin or boring linear and limited like Star rail with segmented areas?

The game doesn't really have exploration like that. It has a few hubs you can walk around with some persona social elements, but the main gameplay part is a roguelike that goes into combat arenas when its time to fight. Some of the combat sections have longer levels that are linear and have multiple combat arenas, but it's less than even Star Rail when it comes to exploration. Just not that kind of game

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022

You don't explore

It's a combat room game

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The game doesn't really have exploration like that. It has a few hubs you can walk around with some persona social elements, but the main gameplay part is a roguelike that goes into combat arenas when its time to fight. Some of the combat sections have longer levels that are linear and have multiple combat arenas, but it's less than even Star Rail when it comes to exploration. Just not that kind of game

You don't explore

It's a combat room game

So it's close to Honkai Imact 3rd? I don't know if I gonna liek this very much.
I saw a Snake mini game and it was hard but even with that extra i don't know how I gonna feel about it.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the same MHY artifact grind that Genshin and HSR have?

I probably will pick this up, but maybe only for a month or so tops. Gacha releases are fun, but I just can't stay in any long term (probably because I don't spend much money).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the same MHY artifact grind that Genshin and HSR have?

I probably will pick this up, but maybe only for a month or so tops. Gacha releases are fun, but I just can't stay in any long term (probably because I don't spend much money).
It uses the same system but it's a little different. You basically craft the artifacts, and you get to influence which set you get and I think the main stat as well? There's also 6 total artifact slots, with the set bonus still being 4pc at the highest so you get a little more flexibity compared to genshin and especially HSR which has none.

It's still gonna be a grind of course but definitely not as bad as HSR and maybe a little better than genshin

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It uses the same system but it's a little different. You basically craft the artifacts, and you get influence which set you get and I think the main stat as well? There's also 6 total artifact slots, with the set bonus still being 4pc at the highest so you get a little more flexibity compared to genshin and especially HSR which has none.

It's still gonna be a grind of course but definitely not as bad as HSR and maybe a little better than genshin
That sounds way better! Thanks for clarifying!

Wait, wasn't the original banner set up with Bangboo that they had their own table so they were more like bonus pulls?

With this new set up the one that loses value is the standard banner isn't it? since the Bangboo's currency will be the farmable/droppable one

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wasn't the original banner set up with Bangboo that they had their own table so they were more like bonus pulls?

With this new set up the one that loses value is the standard banner isn't it? since the Bangboo's currency will be the farmable/droppable one
I think they were part of the 4* guarantees and also could take a 5* guarantee on Standard. I know people were worried about 3 things on one banner. I could be wrong though.

Jun 17, 2023
Definitely one of its strong points. The art style is also far from the typical/existing HoYo games and I love it.

If I understand, 3 + Standard. I don't know how the Bangboo banner works or if the weapon banner is 75/25, or 50/50.
I don't like "pets" thingies, same for the ELFs in 3rd. That's why I haven't pull in those fucking banners in my 4 years of playing 3rd. This one seems to function differently from that... I don't know how to feel about it.

Grace, 11 and Lycaon, nice. There's Alexandrina as well, but I'm not really that fond of her compared to the other 3. Don't really have any interest on Koleda and Nekomata.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I do find the gender balance pretty off on ZZZ so far. 1 Standard 5* out of all of them so far. 4 total. There is one leaked other male model but there are 2 other leaked female models to match that on top of Miyabi who hasn't been seen since first beta.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just going to wait till people get to further in the beta to watch footage because the early game gameplay looks really boring with the basic grunts standing in place for long periods of time.

Some of the later enemies looked promising in the last beta footage and I expect to hopefully see some more of that once people start getting to the new content.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I do find the gender balance pretty off on ZZZ so far. 1 Standard 5* out of all of them so far. 4 total. There is one leaked other male model but there are 2 other leaked female models to match that on top of Miyabi who hasn't been seen since first beta.

Also the way the dudes can be non human and the girls are like ears and tail at the most.
The way worse jiggle than their already cringe levels in their other games also signals the target market

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you can't actually use premium currency to exchange for Bangboo bulls, they seem to be in-game rewards only (though there are apparently some extra in the Premium Battlepass track).
Hopefully they don't eat too much into Standard pulls/Premium currency you'd be getting otherwise from these modes, but not being third banner that dilutes your premium pulls is definitely a good thing imo.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
I have literally never pulled on a weapon banner once in any gacha that has them. Not doing that shit if there are actual characters I can get instead, don't care how good the weapons are. Not going to spend any currency on a weapon over a whole new moveset

Bengraven