PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Otzdarva's a popular rank 1 killer, so I checked his stream and he seems to think Pyramid Head is pretty strong.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Y'ALL I COULD FUCKING CRY.

I love both Dead by Daylight and Silent Hill to bits. What a great announcement.

IM SO HAPPY THEY CHOSE HEATHER.

Though I'm curious why they've named her Cheryl. Strange choice when she's known primarily as Heather and not her original name.

It was confirmed by Mathieu Cote in that very stream

They said that they are working on cross progression so they cannot promise it, but crossplay will be in this year.

THEYRE ADDING CROSS PLAY I-

There's a premium skin that turns Heather into Lisa Garland

PABKbws.png

tenor.gif

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
They said they're doing some major graphical updates this year, but yeah, it's a pretty ugly game haha. The core gameplay is so fun that I don't really mind, but improvements would be appreciated all the same.
I'm almost more excited about this than the Silent Hill stuff. (well... it's a close one)

I play a lot of DbD and the game honestly looks extremely subpar, though admittedly this is because it started out as this small indie endeavor quite a few years back and has blown up more than they probably ever anticipated. It's been really overdue for a graphical overhaul.

Silent Hill stuff is incredible, but being able to see the entire game in a new light that I have so many hours in is so much more exciting for me. Here's a clip if anyone's curious:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This is so nice that Silent Hill managed to land this gig. From just a pachinko slots series to appearing as its own DLC on a major release, just another proof to never stop dreaming about making it big someday ✨

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Why is she called Cheryl what's the lore behind calling her by her real name that no one used anymore

edit: ok i get it now DISREGARD I just forgot about the story of SH3 and it came back to me in a flash

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Bonus points for using the old-school SH2 design

Edit:

I'm pretty sure this is OG Pyramid Head? The helmet's blockier, he's wearing a shirt, and his knife looks like a giant meat cleaver instead of a combat knife.

Ooh snap, I took a quick glance at the video thumbnail and saw an overly muscular arm and assumed it was the movie design again.

hqdefault.jpg

This is how I always want to see his design and build. Glad you recognised his proper design though.

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Mmm...no, Konami can rot after the abuse they put their workers through, to say nothing of their mismanagement of their own franchises (including Silent Hil, which we have all apparently forgotten).

Kind of disappointing any developer would dare to partner with them after that report came out just because they cling to the rights of several IP their management did nothing to create.
Incubus, Pyramid Head, Valtiel, Walter

Which of these would you pick to represent the series in a collab?
It's almost like Silent Hill is a terrible fit for asymetrical gameplay or crossovers in general and this is yet another example of Konami mismanaging its franchises!

Last edited:

Nahual Amini

Oct 30, 2017
It would be better lore-wise if James was the survivor (or accompanying Heather) to be paired with Pyramid Head.

Unless this DLC is based on the second movie.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, but it is what it is. He's "iconic" so Konami likes to put him in everything.

Hopefully if we get a new game, Sony has enough power to back up Masahiro Ito and say "nah, brah"
Incubus, Pyramid Head, Valtiel, Walter

Which of these would you pick to represent the series in a collab?

If they must have Pyramid Head, have 4 of them stalk James across an area of Silent Hill as a reversal of the DBD formula. 🤷‍♀️

I'm just fed up with SH2's lore constantly being cheapened and mined for nostalgia. There's more to Silent Hill than SH2.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If they must have Pyramid Head, have 4 of them stalk James across an area of Silent Hill as a reversal of the DBD formula. 🤷‍♀️

I'm just fed up with SH2's lore constantly being cheapened and mined for nostalgia. There's more to Silent Hill than SH2.
Except PH is the series mascot and IS the most iconic character from it. Why the HELL would anyone not use him if they had a chance of adding a SH monster to their game?!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Well, the main protag of SH3 is also here, so I mean, there you go?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd believe it if Konami just licenses out another Silent Hill movie featering Pyramid Head.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017

I'm gonna have to disagree with it cheapening the lore. It was already cheapened by Konami long before that anyway.

In regards to him showing up in the film and other mainline Silent Hill titles, then yes, I wholeheartedly agree that it's dumb decision making and a betrayal of their lore they've built. But when it comes to a crossover event or being a "face" of the franchise in marketing material it doesn't really cheapen it since it isn't meant to be canonically part of the franchise.

Plus, we will need to wait and see, Dead by Daylight usually has lore snippets for characters and why they exist within that world. And the devs of DbD seemed to understand the importance of what they're doing by mentioning why Heather/Cheryl has the perks she has. It's possible they have some sort of in game DbD lore as to why Pyramid Head is in there, though I'll admit, it might end up being dumb anyway.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Except PH is the series mascot and IS the most iconic character from it. Why the HELL would anyone not use him if they had a chance of adding a SH monster to their game?!

Aping what SH2 did (troubled amnesiac, bogeyman antagonist etc) is precisely why this franchise became toilet after it left Team Silent's hands. Pyramid Head is meant to be a one-off, he's not meant to be a mascot and every attempt to wheel him outside of the context of James' personal hell is missing the entire point.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they could have included some other character that literally nobody outside the Silent Hill fanbase has ever heard of in their life, but that would kind of miss the entire point of having a guest character in another game.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to disagree with it cheapening the lore. It was already cheapened by Konami long before that anyway.

In regards to him showing up in the film and other mainline Silent Hill titles, then yes, I wholeheartedly agree that it's dumb decision making and a betrayal of their lore they've built. But when it comes to a crossover event or being a "face" of the franchise in marketing material it doesn't really cheapen it since it isn't meant to be canonically part of the franchise.

Plus, we will need to wait and see, Dead by Daylight usually has lore snippets for characters and why they exist within that world. And the devs of DbD seemed to understand the importance of what they're doing by mentioning why Heather/Cheryl has the perks she has. It's possible they have some sort of in game DbD lore as to why Pyramid Head is in there, though I'll admit, it might end up being dumb anyway.

I agree, I guess this ship sailed long ago. I'm just sad to see what this franchise has become after SH4 and the constant recycling of Pyramid Head to me is symptomatic of its downfall so my immediate reaction is to push back against it. He's been robbed of his specialness and mystique.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like Silent Hill is a terrible fit for asymetrical gameplay or crossovers in general and this is yet another example of Konami mismanaging its franchises!

If the rumors are true and a new Silent Hill game by Toyama is indeed happening then including the most recognizable monster from the series in a popular multiplayer game to boost brand recognition before dropping a new entry is, in fact, not mismanaging the franchise.

Seriously, I hate how Konami has dropped the ball on a bunch of series I love but if a new entry that does Silent Hill justice does come to fruition then this is actually a good move.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm almost more excited about this than the Silent Hill stuff. (well... it's a close one)

I play a lot of DbD and the game honestly looks extremely subpar, though admittedly this is because it started out as this small indie endeavor quite a few years back and has blown up more than they probably ever anticipated. It's been really overdue for a graphical overhaul.

Silent Hill stuff is incredible, but being able to see the entire game in a new light that I have so many hours in is so much more exciting for me. Here's a clip if anyone's curious:

Are the updating the animations as well cause that's always been super ugly and jankly looking as well. And some of the older licensed models are not so hot either, is everything getting improved?

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'ALL I COULD FUCKING CRY.

I love both Dead by Daylight and Silent Hill to bits. What a great announcement.

IM SO HAPPY THEY CHOSE HEATHER.

Though I'm curious why they've named her Cheryl. Strange choice when she's known primarily as Heather and not her original name.

THEYRE ADDING CROSS PLAY I-

tenor.gif

At the end of 3 she says she's going to start using her real name.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
The takes in this thread lol. Some people just can't understand that a non-canon crossover event is just a non-canon crossover event. Imagine giving such a shit about something so pointless

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The takes in this thread lol. Some people just can't understand that a non-canon crossover event is just a non-canon crossover event. Imagine giving such a shit about something so pointless
I agree, I guess this ship sailed long ago. I'm just sad to see what this franchise has become after SH4 and the constant recycling of Pyramid Head to me is symptomatic of its downfall so my immediate reaction is to push back against it. He's been robbed of his specialness and mystique.
Its the equivalent of a FIGHTING game cameo. It has nothing to do with the lore of SIlent Hill.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
You're not wrong about him being robbed of his specialness and mystique, but unfortunately popularity robs a lot of ominous figures of their intimidation and special nature. See stuff like Darth Vader, Xenomorph, Predator, Michael Myers (Carpetenter literally tried getting away from him with Halloween 3). It's just the sad truth of fanbases and the internet nowadays. Branding and marketing above all else. I've learned that I can't do much about it so I'm just trying to roll with being excited that the thing I like is still cared about.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Seriously, I hate how Konami has dropped the ball on a bunch of series I love but if a new entry that does Silent Hill justice does come to fruition then this is actually a good move.
They've dropped the ball on Silent Hill so many times that the ball has tunneled to the Earth's core.

There is nothing here to suggest this time will be any different, it's just Konami milking their franchises and expecting to be given credit for doing nothing.

imapioneer

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely play this in preparation for that new silent hill Sony is making. I'll take anything silent hill related.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
👏 Pyramid Head 👏 shouldn't 👏 exist 👏 outside 👏 of 👏 Silent Hill 2 👏
Nah it's fun
Add him in Smash too

It's like saying Ghostface shouldn't exist outside of a film because the whole point of Scream is that the killers are somehow capable of understanding that they are in a film, so they play with the "rules" of the horror movies. Yet he's in this game too and it's awesome. Who cares, it's not canon...

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong about him being robbed of his specialness and mystique, but unfortunately popularity robs a lot of ominous figures of their intimidation and special nature. See stuff like Darth Vader, Xenomorph, Predator, Michael Myers (Carpetenter literally tried getting away from him with Halloween 3). It's just the sad truth of fanbases and the internet nowadays. Branding and marketing above all else. I've learned that I can't do much about it so I'm just trying to roll with being excited that the thing I like is still cared about.

I get that and maybe I can enjoy this for what it is too. I just would have preferred James as the central protagonist if we must use Pyramid Head again and maybe have Eddie, Angela and Maria also to make up the numbers and to make it thematically consistent.

I appreciate that in a vacuum my aversion might seem a little extreme but I worry that SH2 has become too tightly associated with what people think Silent Hill is and that it will never recover from that; this obsession with SH2 after all is what doomed the post-SH4 games from the get-go, never mind their quality (or lack thereof). You can't do the same trick twice and expect people to be as impressed as they were the first time around.