• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
DNyNHMz.png
I'm deceased.

Oct 25, 2017
They deserve the mockery for marketing this as a next gen game instead of simply being clear about what it is, a current gen open world game that will have some minor improvements in nextgen hardware.

Every game shown will be playable on Xbox One and Series X
This game was shown during Xbox One Events
It's coming to Xbox One and Series X
We want to make every game seen here playable on Series X and Xbox One

How much clearer do they need to be that it was always going to be a cross gen game?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, microsoft did this to themselves. Still buying a series x this year but damn, its just been a string of missteps when it comes to actually showing games

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed that Halo didn't have a sick grappling hook montage with sick kills a la TitanFall 2's grappling hook. Didn't even reference Bionic Commando.

That being said, this meme is making me want to play it more than anything that has been shown so far.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Every game shown will be playable on Xbox One and Series X
This game was shown during Xbox One Events
It's coming to Xbox One and Series X
We want to make every game seen here playable on Series X and Xbox One

How much clearer do they need to be that it was always going to be a cross gen game?
Let's not pretend they were not making it sound like Halo would have next gen visuals that then would be very scaled down for current gen.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
They deserve the mockery for marketing this as a next gen game instead of simply being clear about what it is, a current gen open world game that will have some minor improvements in nextgen hardware.

They've never hid the fact that it was going to run on base Xbox One. You have no one to blame but yourself for pie in the sky hype.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Although I find this Brute picture funny, you need to pause the video to even see his face, this one here would make more sense:
EdoLpfFXgAIAeRr

As it is an image chosen by the marketing team to demonstrate the game, it's a very weird choice.

this game looks really fucking weak, seriously wtf

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
These memes are goddamn hilarious. Man, how did one of the most recognizable game series become such a meme

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
What is it with the Lord of the Rings troll/Justice League Doomsday look?

Blah! He fits right in with Brute Force though lol

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Meme away memers.

This legendary thread is going into the vault afterwards to immortalise it.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, for a bit there I thought we were going to make it through the next gen marketing cycle without one of these companies creating some unintentionally hilarious meme material.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Have to agree. Stop hyping things up. One thing about Sony's showcase is we barely heard anything from Sony and insiders about what to expect.

I was more excited for Fable and State of Decay 3 after today. Just waiting on actual gameplay now.
"Can't wait to see the reactions to my debut in Halo!
"..."
N7go2tS.jpg

"Just fuck up my shit, fam" with Brendan Fraser.
I'm out, I'm done.