Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
From what the leaks say, they are rebuilding many core systems, like redoing the police and reputation systems they scaled back, and adding back all the RPG stat stuff like bullet/resistance stuff which effect balance and probably take some enemy placement rewriting.
There are leaks?

Anything about what they are doing with TW3?

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 is very popular, but I don't think it's popular enough to sustain CDPR until Witcher 4 or whatever they are doing next. They've already sold over 30 million copies and they are gonna give the update for free to all of those people. So it's not like this new version will act as a completely new products that Witcher fans would need to buy.
It's a free upgrade. Its purpose isn't in sustaining sales, it's in putting the game on new gen consoles.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god I went with the PC version of Cyberpunk and Geforce Now.

Still have to finish it, after being hooked for over 100 hours I took a break before the last mission which has lasted for months now.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Since we already have this thread, I thought I'd post the update on the situation here

So not only the next-gen versions of CP2077 and Witcher 3, but all CP2077 updates are pushed to 2022 now. I wonder if they are gonna try and relaunch the game with the PS5/XSX versions. I doubt it'll work all that well for them tbh, but I guess we'll see.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
I really hope they can fix up the game, it has so much potential for great expansions and fun online stuff.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
They just need to shitcan the whole thing and move on to another project.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Game continues to sell on pc and tons of people seem to be eagerly waiting for it on consoles so I think there's an era bubble in terms of people having completely lost interest(especially given the restrictions). It's a single player game anyway, how often do those get continuously talked about 10 months after launch

Sold an insane amount of copies too, why wouldn't they support and fix it 🤷‍♂️ Witcher 1 and 2 got massive enhanced editions a year or so after release that made then fundamentally better games.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It's a foolish notion to believe that anyone will have any kind of confidence in CDPR's future projects if they simply abandoned Cyberpunk 2077 and moved on. If anything the exact opposite effect will happen. This isn't difficult if you apply a degree of critical thinking.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 is very popular, but I don't think it's popular enough to sustain CDPR until Witcher 4 or whatever they are doing next. They've already sold over 30 million copies and they are gonna give the update for free to all of those people. So it's not like this new version will act as a completely new products that Witcher fans would need to buy.
Witcher 3 is going to get a sales bump every year from now until Netflix stops making Witcher content.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
It's a foolish notion to believe that anyone will have any kind of confidence in CDPR's future projects if they simply abandoned Cyberpunk 2077 and moved on. If anything the exact opposite effect will happen. This isn't difficult if you apply a degree of critical thinking.
While that's true, does anyone really think they can salvage their image with CP2077 tho? With how that game turned out to be, there isn't really any chance of them being able to fulfill all the lofty promises they made. So, while I do understand that they need to stick with CP2077, I don't think in the end they can do anything short of remake that would help them save face when it comes to this mess, and I don't see them essentially remaking CP2077.
Witcher 3 is going to get a sales bump every year from now until Netflix stops making Witcher content.
Ofc, but I don't think the sales bump will be that big to cover CDPR's operation costs. Unless they make a new $70 SKU for the next gen versions, in that case, I could see them getting some nice profit from the hype around season 3 of the show.

Oct 8, 2019
Game continues to sell on pc and tons of people seem to be eagerly waiting for it on consoles so I think there's an era bubble in terms of people having completely lost interest(especially given the restrictions). It's a single player game anyway, how often do those get continuously talked about 10 months after launch

Sold an insane amount of copies too, why wouldn't they support and fix it 🤷‍♂️ Witcher 1 and 2 got massive enhanced editions a year or so after release that made then fundamentally better games.
Assassin's Creed games, HZD, and BotW get talked about years after their release for their high quality. Cyberpunk 2077 gets talked about because "I was playing the game and then my character did a T pose on the bike and then my pants came off so I was T posing on a bike with my dick hanging out"

A "fix" for Cyberpunk 2077 would basically involve them just redoing the game because the claims was the first look of what open world games would be in the next gen and the NPC ai is worse than San Andreas for the PS2.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I mean discussion of Cyberpunk is effectively banned on the site so it's hard to compare with games that get a bunch of lttp threads. Generally well liked on pc and the verticality of the city is pretty impressive if not underused in missions.

Never expected good ai from the Witcher devs but I didn't follow the marketing at all given the massive, last minute Witcher 3 downgrade everyone has forgotten about 6 years later lol.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
In one of the Bloomberg stories, some of the Cyberpunk dev staff said they thought the game should've originally been pushed back to 2022. Ironic.
Since we already have this thread, I thought I'd post the update on the situation here

So not only the next-gen versions of CP2077 and Witcher 3, but all CP2077 updates are pushed to 2022 now. I wonder if they are gonna try and relaunch the game with the PS5/XSX versions. I doubt it'll work all that well for them tbh, but I guess we'll see.

Wouldn't put it past them. CDProjekt has sort of a tradition of doing "Enhanced Editions" for the last two Witcher games. In fact I think Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition is what started that naming trend for remastered PC RPGs. That's probably at least what they're gonna call the Witcher 3 update.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to shitcan the whole thing and move on to another project.
Not really, there's a great game there based on general feedback from people on PC. If they're going to use all this extra time to make it stable, the idea of relaunching it with tweaks/balances + extra content could mean the game matches the level of brilliance expected from the guys behind Witcher 3. I don't think it's far fetched. Personally interested in the next gen version.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Not really, there's a great game there based on general feedback from people on PC. If they're going to use all this extra time to make it stable, the idea of relaunching it with tweaks/balances + extra content could mean the game matches the level of brilliance expected from the guys behind Witcher 3. I don't think it's far fetched. Personally interested in the next gen version.
From what I played, I wasn't too disappointed to learn that refunds were available for performance issues. I remember thinking to myself that bugs aside, it was a fairly mediocre experience. Worse so when you consider AAA budgets, development time, and production.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 has been sitting in my backlog for a while, really expected to play it this year when they announced the next gen remaster.

Guess my first ever play through will have to wait for next year.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
While that's true, does anyone really think they can salvage their image with CP2077 tho? With how that game turned out to be, there isn't really any chance of them being able to fulfill all the lofty promises they made. So, while I do understand that they need to stick with CP2077, I don't think in the end they can do anything short of remake that would help them save face when it comes to this mess, and I don't see them essentially remaking CP2077.

Ofc, but I don't think the sales bump will be that big to cover CDPR's operation costs. Unless they make a new $70 SKU for the next gen versions, in that case, I could see them getting some nice profit from the hype around season 3 of the show.

I think they can honestly. The questing and main content was actually pretty good. The issues are the bugs and the open world stuff. Even the open world itself is pretty good, it's just largely lacking in the systems/side content that make up a modern open world game (particularly compared to Rockstar's). If I were in charge of it, now that a lot of the heavy hitting bugs are addressed, I would simply focus the dev team on the open world systems, revamp the peds, revamp the driving model until it's actually good, and certainly revamp the cop/law system. Focus the first expansion/DLC/enhanced edition on addressing that stuff, and focus on adding more side content that's dynamically found in the open world. The good news is a lot of that stuff isn't heavy on content creation, it's more reworking systems.

cfer50

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne Australia
I played the entire thing through on a 'day one' Xbox One. Loved it, double dipped and bought for PS5 now in anticipation of the updates. My dream is to see this game get some online features like GTAO or RDRO - I'll wait however long it takes.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

It's one of the rare cases my patience seems to be working out. Could have gotten it through out this year and played it at 1440p/60 FPS on last gen settings on the SX. But, glad I waited.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I don't care about the the core game, I just want to walk and drive through a cool looking futuristic city in 60fps. I'll wait until it happens for my PS5.

DigiDom

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad I got a refund on this game. I might pick up for cheap in 2023 once I can actually get a GPU to play it properly and it's had a few more patches.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Still weird that TW3's next gen version is coming after CP2077. We haven't even seen anything from TW3's PS5 version if I'm not mistaken.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Still weird that TW3's next gen version is coming after CP2077. We haven't even seen anything from TW3's PS5 version if I'm not mistaken.
I really think the update is getting bigger than what they wanted first.
with all the bad reputation they got, they have to make something great to get back customer to like them again haha

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Sweet. Just got this for Christmas knowing the ps5 version would be coming soon. Hopefully they get it right....

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am thinking of buying the game for my Series S. Do you think it will reach 60 fps with this upcoming patch?

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Sucks if they release on February, we have a tons of games. Middle March is best time for this.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The thing with CP2077 is... developers really destroyed the visuals with the 1.3 patch. I don't know, I feel it was the wrong move to make, sure it runs better on last gen consoles now, holding closer to that 30 fps target but at what cost?

LOD, view distance, and visual effects are hurt so much that now everything pops in your face from a very short distance, it is extremely distracting and annoying, it hurts otherwise superb visuals of the game so so much. absolutely not acceptable on PC, where the game will have way longer life than last gen machines, which aren't really capable of playing this game in all honesty.

I don't care that much they downgraded the lighting and that roads now are way less reflective in the night. it may not look as good as it was but... the original game maybe was too much for current hardware to handle and now at least people are getting better performance, but LOD and very short view distance are not something you can overlook.

At least I'm using a mod to solve the issue on PC but I do really hope they improve it in the future (and even with the mod there are still short distance lighting issues like shadows being cast on buildings when you move closer to them).

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the PC patch and bew content comes soon. Still need to finish up my over 100h save game.
Am at the point of no return in the game but want to finish all side quests first.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Hope the PC patch and bew content comes soon. Still need to finish up my over 100h save game.
Am at the point of no return in the game but want to finish all side quests first.
if you go past the point of no return it doesn't really matter. as soon as the warning comes up a save is made and once the credits roll it kicks you back to that save so you can keep exploring and doing quests or even try get a different ending.

i was gonna hold off finishing the story until i done everything too but got it out the way and now i'm chilling going around having fun.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Then play in mid-March. You don't have to play it in Feb.
lol i don't get people worrying about release dates. you're right just play it when it suits you. I ain't picking up Horizon Forbidden West in February cause i'll be too busy with Elden Ring. I'll pick Horizon up when i got time.

also people seem to not like big games releasing near each other. there's someone saying Cyberpunk will mess with Horizon and upset Sony if it comes out February lol. Pick what one you wanna play and play it. or buy both and switch between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.