Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they did a good job fixing it.
Only Horizon in February so I should be able to play it sooner rather than later.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to treat this next gen version as a soft-relaunch of the game, aint no shot they will release it next to all the big releases in February. Im betting on March.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I still had a fine experience last year on Series X.
I didnt ran into many bugs or big bugs. Not more then the usual in big open world like games
And the game ran great and looked great on Series X at 60fps. Overall had a pretty great experience with it. And the game hit the right notes like Wicther 3 also did for me. The sidequest quality and overall quests are in the same league.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
People are expecting way too much from this lol. It'll be a visual uplift and a few more bugs ironed out, nothing else.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I don't think this'll be anything reminiscent of a relaunch, at least not yet. Some light RT, a performance mode toggle, maybe dualsense and faster loading.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
yeah I don't think this'll be anything reminiscent of a relaunch, at least not yet. Some light RT, a performance mode toggle, maybe dualsense and faster loading.
I hey can release a version without 95% of the bug, faster loading, a visual uplift, IQ modes, and basically a game that is closer to the original vision..... for this game, that is the closest to a relaunch that any will ever see.

And yes, the fact we are even throwing around the word relaunch as opposed to port, just shows how low the bar was set by its original launch.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
The game is just alright even at it it's best, which I played on high end PC. The story never really hooked me in as much as Witcher and then it just kinda flatly ends.
The best part of the game was just cruising around the world taking in the sights, I did that for hours. But even that part is slightly ruined because of those ugly constant repeating sex ads plastered on every screen every direction you turn kinda ruins the look.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
if they want to generate interest and goodwill for the first expansion the next gen upgrade needs to be substantial and more than just a slight visual update

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are expecting way too much from this lol. It'll be a visual uplift and a few more bugs ironed out, nothing else.

This is their last chance to get people playing again before they start releasing DLC/Expansions.
This rumor is unverified, but doesn't seem farfetched at all considering how much time has passed: Cyberpunk 2077 Leak Claims Update Will Be Soft Relaunch With New Title

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I'm not expecting much
since the devs have to still fix basic issues such as NPC and Vehicle density, AI, Animation, Collision, Physics, ... well everything before they can implement raytracing and other "enhanced edition" features and DLC etc

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Expecting a very pretty version, mostly stable (not even close to the PS4 version), with performance and Raytracing profiles to choose and ultra fast loading times.

Enough for me to jump in (played 4-5 hours on the PS5 Back compatible mode and got stuck in the main quest because of a bug).

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Really loved it when I played it on release on series x. I was fortunate to not see the plethora of bugs, all I am hoping for is more stuff to do (it was already thr best looking city going around, just felt empty in some parts).

Been wanting an excuse to replay so I'm really looking forward to this patch and any dlc.

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect this upgrade to be a disappointment and not the magical fix people are expecting. Just stable performance.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
When I played Cyberpunk on PS5, it wasn't the bugs that bothered me, it was the crashing to desktop, well the console equivalent, like it was a Bethesda game on PS3. I had to quicksave manually like a mad man every minute or so just to play it like a 'normal' game. I don't remember The Witcher 3 crashing at all - looking forward to that upgrade more than Cyberpunks even though I have a Level 100 Geralt chilling at home with Yen.

versus87

Oct 4, 2019
I expect a new game plus mode, next gen console graphics similar High Settings on PC and laying the ground work for the first expansion.

I am more curious about the first expansion set for Cyberpunk 2077 which they are working on for 16 month + (they moved people to it before the base game was finished / shipped). This also is the first out of two originally planned Cyberpunk expansions so second expansion like mid of 2023 ?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any news on The Witcher 3 update patch? That's the one I am dying to have finally released! Couldn't care less about CP at this point.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
So the next gen version is definitely gonna run @ 30 right?

Game barely hits 60 as is.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you go past the point of no return it doesn't really matter. as soon as the warning comes up a save is made and once the credits roll it kicks you back to that save so you can keep exploring and doing quests or even try get a different ending.

i was gonna hold off finishing the story until i done everything too but got it out the way and now i'm chilling going around having fun.

I know, but somehow I like to be finished with games and won't touch them again I finished the story.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Back on launch I was going to immediately do another play through but decided to wait to see what might get added (I'm on PC).

Excited if some stuff does get added, but not the end of the world if it doesnt.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I'm not expecting much
since the devs have to still fix basic issues such as NPC and Vehicle density, AI, Animation, Collision, Physics, ... well everything before they can implement raytracing and other "enhanced edition" features and DLC etc
The gfx programmers will not be necessarily touching those things, so I think they can work on things in parallel.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
That rumor about a re-release honestly sounds like a literal gamechanger. But I've long stopped believing anything from 4chan.

Any news on The Witcher 3 update patch? That's the one I am dying to have finally released! Couldn't care less about CP at this point.
I wouldn't expect to hear more about that until after CP2077 is out, since that seems to be the priority right now.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
By the time the update drops, it will have been like half a year from the last big update. If all they manage to put out is a slight resolution bump from the current Series X modes (1080/60-> 1440/60, 1800/30-> 4K/30) for consoles, with some bug fixes sprinkled in, they are going to get shreadded by their PC players.

Im sure there must be at least some mayor QoL features coming in.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will the free upgrade of TW3 include the DLCs? I'm holding off buying the DLCs and yes, I only have the vanilla copy.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
By the time the update drops, it will have been like half a year from the last big update. If all they manage to put out is a slight resolution bump from the current Series X modes (1080/60-> 1440/60, 1800/30-> 4K/30) for consoles, with some bug fixes sprinkled in, they are going to get shreadded by their PC players.

Im sure there must be at least some mayor QoL features coming in.
You would think so, but at this point nothing would surprise me anymore lol. I wonder if it will get a price bump or if it will stay the same.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as an Xbox player, I've just been holding off until theres a 60fps mode that isn't only 1080p 😬

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Honestly I'm glad it was delayed. I haven't played either of these games and bought them both for dirt cheap, but the timing would have been stressful with horizon, gt7 and elden ring right around the corner

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
It's crazy how early they released this game. Sixteen months later, and we'll be getting the versions we had hoped for back in late 2020. I'm glad I held off playing it.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I think people are also expecting way too much of the current gen versions of The Witcher. The game will probably look like before, just run at 60 fps with the bells and whistles you already have on the PC.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
My expectations about CP2077 Upgrade,

- Quality mode with Ray Tracing
- Generally way better graphics than PS4 version
- Lesser Bugs or at least playable like PC version
- More City vibrancy like PC version

I only played the PS4 version on PS5 for 1 hour and deleted it. But, if the PS5 upgrade comes something like my expectations, the game will become really awesome for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.