Votes: 652 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 428 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
If they wait until January to reveal the Switch 2, it's almost certainly not coming by March. There wouldn't be enough time to promote the system.

I don't necessarily agree. Wasn't the original switch only announced 3 months beforehand?

The switch also followed the Wii u. Even if there's a very short marketing cycle, it's still likely to sell out right away depending on inventory and launch titles.

Not that it's going to happen, but I don't think a 2 month announce to release is going to hurt it whatsoever

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If switch releases by next march it will be revealed by September nax

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't necessarily agree. Wasn't the original switch only announced 3 months beforehand?

The switch also followed the Wii u. Even if there's a very short marketing cycle, it's still likely to sell out right away depending on inventory and launch titles.

Not that it's going to happen, but I don't think a 2 month announce to release is going to hurt it whatsoever
They're going to want way more than 2 months to announce this thing. If it's coming out in March, it'll probably be announced this year.

Part of the reason why having an internal delay was probably such a big deal was for this exact reason, but they weighed the pros and cons and probably thought cutting into a rather dry holiday season was okay if the benefit was a stronger launch lineup.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

It was 5 months beforehand (October reveal, March release).

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
also Switch was publicly revealed as "NX" way before they did a proper video announcement (showing the hardware and all).

even if they did the same, we should hear about it in some shape or form "soon-ish".

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
also Switch was publicly revealed as "NX" way before they did a proper video announcement (showing the hardware and all).

even if they did the same, we should hear about it in some shape or form "soon-ish".

NX was mentioned in relation to Nintendo's plan regarding their account system, which is pretty much established now.

They will need to talk about Switch's successor in relation to migrating user library to a new hardware (investors are concerned if Nintendo had to start from 0 for everything again) but I doubt we'll here anything more than "we have a plan".

OP
OP
Regiruler

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
They'll announce stuff in June and then talk about the business outlook at their June briefing if they end up scheduling one. They don't need to answer for anything right now--shareholders know they have product in the works, just not what it is.
That's the problem: officially, they (or even "we", I'm technically a shareholder) don't.

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725221813081522176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E725221813081522176%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

You can't launch a system with only a two month warning.

Last edited:

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
That's the problem: officially, they (or even "we", I'm technically a shareholder) don't.
I think when people are talking about what they should do for their investors they're talking about institutional investors. At least I hope they are. Nintendo isn't going to make any decisions based on what individual retail investors might think or not think about their business.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
They're going to want way more than 2 months to announce this thing. If it's coming out in March, it'll probably be announced this year.

Part of the reason why having an internal delay was probably such a big deal was for this exact reason, but they weighed the pros and cons and probably thought cutting into a rather dry holiday season was okay if the benefit was a stronger launch lineup.

You can't launch a system with only a two month warning.

oh 5 months! My bad.

I still think that, yes, you absolutely can. would they want to is another story
Super pumped to see what they have in store for us and what the console winds up being and having under the hood. love my switch so much.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
oh 5 months! My bad.

I still think that, yes, you absolutely can. would they want to is another story
Super pumped to see what they have in store for us and what the console winds up being and having under the hood. love my switch so much.
I mean you can absolutely do anything. Sega shadow dropped the Saturn. That doesn't mean Nintendo will.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Eventually this thing will have to go into production and also put into the hands of developers. Each of those steps come with major risk of leaks.
I'm positive that Nintendo will want to reveal this themselves before there's ANY possibility someone else does it for them.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention the big launch game was heavily promoted even before that. BoTW was clearly being positioned as the system seller so even though it was cross gen the fact that it was already being promoted in E3 was huge, and I doubt the Switch's launch info rollout would've been the same if they hadn't been able to count on it.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Eventually this thing will have to go into production and also put into the hands of developers. Each of those steps come with major risk of leaks.
I'm positive that Nintendo will want to reveal this themselves before there's ANY possibility someone else does it for them.

This. Even if they have some interest in keeping the veil on the console for as long they can, they'll also want to control the narrative, so they can't really wait untill the 11th hour for a proper announcement.

Regardless of what happens on the investors briefing, if this thing is coming early next year, they will announce it at some point this year.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Not seeing any mention of a switch successor here. Which shouldn't be surprising since this would be the worst place to even start teasing it.

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
Forecast for FY2025 net sales show a decrease:

FY24 (Actual) 1,671.8 bn yen
FY25 (Forecast) 1,350.0 bn yen
Comparison -19.3 %