Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I assume it's been a popular feature because they've kept doing it. I thought it would have been done by now but maybe that game is a lot longer than I thought.

Diggler

Oct 28, 2017
Quite bummed the guys didn't dig Fire Walk With Me, it's one of my fave horror movies and has so many classic and mindblowing sequences and moments.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's been a popular feature because they've kept doing it. I thought it would have been done by now but maybe that game is a lot longer than I thought.
At least according to youtube views it is by far their least popular content. I think they're just committed at this point even though the majority of the community wishes they would move on, same as Andromeda.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I couldn't be less interested, but abandoning Cyberpunk now would suck for the people who are excited for it. If they ever were to play an interesting game to watch, like let's just say Shenmue 2 and they'd stop playing it 2/3rds through, I'd not be happy.

I also don't really care for the solo stream trend going on in the recent months, which means I've not been watching a lot of Nextlander these days. Oh well, at least the Watchcast still delivers for me.

OH and the Robcast is great, wouldn't mind seeing more Remap collabs in the future

Last edited:

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Quite bummed the guys didn't dig Fire Walk With Me, it's one of my fave horror movies and has so many classic and mindblowing sequences and moments.
Yeah I'm just listening to it now and up top they sound pretty low on it. This may not bode well for their watch through of The Return. But hopefully they'll find something to like in it. Vinny saying it reminds him of a college art installation is pretty funny though!

FWWM is also one of my all time favorite movies, period. Still looking forward to finishing the pod and hearing their thoughts.

Oct 27, 2017
I skipped their Twin Peaks podcasts because I hadn't seen the show. Then I realised it was on Paramount+ here in the UK so I was able to binge watch the show and the podcasts together. Fun experience.

Then I went on without them. I've now seen Fire Walk With Me and all of The Return.

I think it's pretty obvious that Brad and Vinny were not going to like Fire Walk With Me based on what they seemed to like and not like in Season 1 and 2. Even more, I think they're going to really get frustrated with The Return. For me, the bad outweighed the good and I think it'll be similar for them. I'm still glad I watched it and I will watch another Twin Peaks if it ever happens but I don't think I can say I liked it or enjoyed it. But it was interesting. I was able to watch it quickly, they're going to have to wait weeks for things to develop and then some stuff just goes nowhere. Can't wait to listen to those podcasts.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Vinny was right. He has often spoke about how the problem with acquisitions is that if the parent company feels the pressure at all, they can cut some of the lesser studios they gobbled up. Which is exactly what happened here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I skipped their Twin Peaks podcasts because I hadn't seen the show. Then I realised it was on Paramount+ here in the UK so I was able to binge watch the show and the podcasts together. Fun experience.

Then I went on without them. I've now seen Fire Walk With Me and all of The Return.

I think it's pretty obvious that Brad and Vinny were not going to like Fire Walk With Me based on what they seemed to like and not like in Season 1 and 2. Even more, I think they're going to really get frustrated with The Return. For me, the bad outweighed the good and I think it'll be similar for them. I'm still glad I watched it and I will watch another Twin Peaks if it ever happens but I don't think I can say I liked it or enjoyed it. But it was interesting. I was able to watch it quickly, they're going to have to wait weeks for things to develop and then some stuff just goes nowhere. Can't wait to listen to those podcasts.

I thought The Return was good/great the first time I watched it and amazing the second time. I think the second viewing is helped by not anticipating when a certain character is going to come back, you can just sit back and relax and let the show wash over you. I also love how Lynch doesn't give a flying fuck about what fans wanted and did his own thing.

Eraserhead is one of my favourite films though so I dig the more surreal vibe of The Return, I can imagine if you didn't the show would be a slog.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Vinny was right. He has often spoke about how the problem with acquisitions is that if the parent company feels the pressure at all, they can cut some of the lesser studios they gobbled up. Which is exactly what happened here.

i was thinking about this reading the news last night with tango as a huge illustration (although i can't imagine ghostwire did amazing for them, but still).

the stupid demand every single part of your business be a ballbusting hit is incredibly unsustainable and will kneecap development of talent at every level

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed but not surprised that they didn't like FWWM, though I think they partially did it to themselves, as previously Alex had made it very clear that it didn't (obviously) push the story forward and it was a prequel and to set their expectations accordingly. It's the story of a victim/survivor first, a supernatural lore dump distant second. It was kinda funny they discussed Chris Isaac explaining the mime without realising it was a piss take of puzzle box brain (which I think Vinny and Brad would readily admit they have).

I think it might've provoked interesting conversation if Alex had set up that part of the harsh critical appraisal was a reactionary response to the depiction of Laura's actions. It's easy for us in 2024 to see her self destructive behaviour as a natural consequence of her trauma, but in 1992 I think it was pretty radical, and a lot of the (old, male) critics/audience didn't get it (or didn't want to). Part of the critical reappraisal of it in recent years comes down to that, more than just the plot being recontextualised by The Return.

The art installation reference by Vinny was funny. They are going to hate the first episode of the Return lol.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Finished the pod for FWWM and Missing Pieces. I'm gonna watch along with them for The Return. I haven't seen it since it originally aired, and I loved it then. But man, I think Brad and Vinny are gonna be so frustrated with it haha, but really looking forward to hearing them chat about it!

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
audioboom.com

Stylish Nun Action

It's been a week in the games industry with both Xbox's closures of Arkane Austin and Tango Gameworks and the Helldivers 2 account backlash, and we dig into the whole mess. On the upside, Hades 2 came out! Nintendo said the words "Switch successor!" We played Indika, Minishoot...

(00:00:10) Intro
(00:02:27) Shows about video games on my TV?!
(00:04:37) George Lucas and his Jar Jar suit
(00:11:26) That Fallout show continues to make waves
(00:15:48) Hades II [PC (Microsoft Windows)] on May 06, 2024
(00:33:10) Indika [PC (Microsoft Windows)] on May 02, 2024
(00:41:56) Minishoot' Adventures [PC (Microsoft Windows)] on Apr 02, 2024
(00:45:59) Stardew Valley [Xbox One] on Dec 14, 2016
(00:48:57) Balatro [PC (Microsoft Windows), Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox One] on Feb 20, 2024
(00:54:20) Final Fantasy VII Rebirth [PlayStation 5] on Feb 29, 2024
(01:04:37) News
(01:04:53) Take-Two shutting down Kerbal dev?
(01:08:48) Microsoft closing and shifting around studios
(01:37:30) Helldivers 2 facing backlash after requiring PSN login
(01:47:55) Ghost of Tsushima will also face login issues
(01:51:31) Nintendo's Switch Next Model...?
(01:56:51) Welcome to the Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
(02:02:45) Emails
(02:10:53) Nextlander content updates
(02:14:30) Wrapping up and thanks

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Stream about to start. I hope he ends up playing through the whole game, love the original 2

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
Restreaming to YouTube while still having comments off is hilarious, like what are we doing here, folks?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The Canonical Fallout 1 Floogan:

AN3hNoF.jpeg

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
If I made YouTube videos there's no way I would turn comments on haha

Same. Plus Nextlander has amazing levels of built in support. They have no desire to try and expand their audience, or honestly to push themselves beyond their current subs.

I think kinda the point of them getting to this level was the fact that you don't need to work as hard as a current streamer would. If you can maintain a level of subs for this long with this level of output, why would you change anything?

Personally it hasnt been enough for me to keep subbing to their patreon, but god bless'em for it working for the audience.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Restreaming to YouTube while still having comments off is hilarious, like what are we doing here, folks?
It's really disappointing, I hoped they'd get down with the community by now. I'm on Discord daily but it doesn't replace Youtube for that quick engagement with the video you're currently watching.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Who the hell doesn't pick Bloody Mess?
The stream was really good but one of the biggest Braddisms was Brad not choosing a second perk, not helped by people in chat going "ahh nah sometimes I don't even pick perks at all!" because it's "broken" and "overpowered" which are insane concepts for a 20 year old single player RPG.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get on board with people calling FF7 rebirth a slog while engaging with all of its side content. I understand the compulsion to do everything, but it's also my responsibility to stop doing it if I'm not enjoying myself.

On another note, being Brad seems tough. I had a hard time just watching him go back and forth on perks at the chat's whims.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The stream was really good but one of the biggest Braddisms was Brad not choosing a second perk, not helped by people in chat going "ahh nah sometimes I don't even pick perks at all!" because it's "broken" and "overpowered" which are insane concepts for a 20 year old single player RPG.

I assume you mean second trait. Brad did say that he didn't like "tradeoffs", so that's how that ended up happening. He could have still picked Bloody Mess of course, but he seemed to have discarded that idea fairly early on in character creation.

Chat also told him it was luck 5 or luck 10, which keeps him from picking up the "Toughness" perk (req. END 6, LCK 6), which gives you 10% damage reduction each time you take it, and is considered to be one of the 'good' perks. (There's at least one way to get +1 Luck, but I think that's much later in a natural run)

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I assume you mean second trait. Brad did say that he didn't like "tradeoffs", so that's how that ended up happening. He could have still picked Bloody Mess of course, but he seemed to have discarded that idea fairly early on in character creation.

Chat also told him it was luck 5 or luck 10, which keeps him from picking up the "Toughness" perk (req. END 6, LCK 6), which gives you 10% damage reduction each time you take it, and is considered to be one of the 'good' perks. (There's at least one way to get +1 Luck, but I think that's much later in a natural run)
I usually just took Skilled and Gifted and didn't mind getting perks every 4 levels although on a first playthrough seeing the most it has to offer (i.e. getting perks more often) seems like a better idea. Still should have picked Bloody Mess or Small Framed - I don't remember having that many issues with the carry limit in the game and for some weird reason I never played with companions in the first 2 games to lug around all my trash.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
we all know vinny is broken ever since assassins creed 2 feathers tho

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I did 100% of the first two areas in Rebirth then mainlined the main story and that was the right call. I went back later and swept up.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If recent streams have showed me anything, it's not that the boys aren't willing to do longer streams, it's that Alex isn't haha

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think if you searched your heart you wouldn't need this recent information to tell you that
I mean the hunch was always there, since he was always the one to start vocally shutting things down at exactly the 2 hour mark, but seeing these 3 or more hour streams from Vinny and Brad is just just the confirmation I guess haha

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
You can choose two perks. People make you only choose one because the game would be better with two. (or just more bloody).
Cool.