Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I know the Watchcasts mo is watching movies some of them haven't watched before, but I think it'd be very fun if they did a watch through of the Ghostbusters movie series. Would be fun to hear their view and relation to the movies both back then and now. And maybe some of them haven't watched some of the new ones too.

Last edited:

alternate

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know the Watchcasts mo is watching movies some of them haven't watched before, but I think it'd be very fun if they did a watch through of the Ghostbusters movie series. Would be fun to hear their view and relation to the movies both back then and now. And maybe some of them haven't watched some of the new ones too.

The new ones sre all awful.

alternate

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Not sure what your opinion on the new movies has to do with my post?
I enjoyed Afterlife and Frozen Empire myself.

My opinion is that they should not watch bad movies, unless they are funny bad. It is okay that you like bad movies :D

Pretty sure Vinny talked about seeing Afterlife, Alex has seen both and Brad, ot course has only seen the original 2.

They talk about it briefly on a ramblecast a while back.

edit : this one

Weekly Ramblecast 136: The Ghostbuster Problem: The Video
January 17

With Brad out the conversation naturally swerves into the wintry weather, the dangers of climbing ladders, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife!...

Last edited:

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I enjoyed the Fallout show and would be happy to hear them discuss it now that Brad is on a real Fallout kick

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
If you're over the age of 10 and still have strong opinions on how to eat string cheese then you need start looking at your own life choices

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of RIPs, Roger Corman died a couple days ago at 98, but the death was just announced today. He was the master of the B-Movie and helped launch the careers of amazing actors and directors. I can see Alex mentioning it on the Ramblecast.

variety.com

Roger Corman, Pioneering Independent Producer and King of B Movies, Dies at 98

Roger Corman, who directed and produced hundreds of B movies and discovered Jack Nicholson, Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro, has died. He was 98.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Cocoon is really good you might want to refer to my official review in this very thread where I said "Cocoon is really good"

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cocoon is really good you might want to refer to my official review in this very thread where I said "Cocoon is really good"
I hate detailed reviews like this. I dont need separate sections on graphics, music and story. I just want to skip straight to the score*.

*Which should be specified as a single digit out of 10, but with a decimal point for greater precision.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I've been playing through Evil West since they put it on Game Pass and this game has strong Xbox energy. Awful, awful writing with absolutely no likeable characters out of the entire cast but the combat is pretty fun and the way the game is designed like something from 2001 getting through the stages feels very breezy.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I've been playing through Evil West since they put it on Game Pass and this game has strong Xbox energy. Awful, awful writing with absolutely no likeable characters out of the entire cast but the combat is pretty fun and the way the game is designed like something from 2001 getting through the stages feels very breezy.

Absolutely agree. It reminds me of 90s/00s action movies that I have nostalgia for. Something to just turn your brain off and have fun with for a bit. Even the upgrade paths are far simplified compared to most modern games in this vein.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Evil West was on PS Essentials one month too right? I got maybe 2 hours into it. It's very much a 360-era B-game. I also played a handful of hours of Dark Void when news came out that it was being delisted. Games from that eras have a very specific energy.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
After I finish Evil West today the next throwback banger on the list is….

RYSE: Son of Rome

I've never played it myself and mostly remember it being mocked as "super mid." To be honest I don't even know what kind of game it is so I'm excited to find out. From what I can dig out of the cobwebs of my memory I assume it's some sort of God of War adjacent game although funny enough closer to 2018's GoW than the classic.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i've actually heard the combat in that game being talked up by my circle of nerds who are only interested in combat systems

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

I've never played it myself and mostly remember it being mocked as "super mid." To be honest I don't even know what kind of game it is so I'm excited to find out. From what I can dig out of the cobwebs of my memory I assume it's some sort of God of War adjacent game although funny enough closer to 2018's GoW than the classic.
Play on the hardest difficulty, that way it feels a bit like Space Marine in terms of getting your health back. I really liked Ryse. It's very linear, feels good, looks good and on the highest difficulty it's actually fun and rewarding (I'm usually rolling my eyes when someone suggests the highest difficulty but here it feels right).

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Are you even supposed to be able to do the infinite bubble jumping tech Vinny was doing in Animal well? I tried to do the same thing and it seemed impossible and I made it through without doing it.

In the stream Vinny kept doing that as the first approach to everything which made it look like 1000000x harder/more frustrating than it needs to be.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Are you even supposed to be able to do the infinite bubble jumping tech Vinny was doing in Animal well? I tried to do the same thing and it seemed impossible and I made it through without doing it.

In the stream Vinny kept doing that as the first approach to everything which made it look like 1000000x harder/more frustrating than it needs to be.
How is that game? I was intrigued by the stream but wasn't quite sure if it was fun or just "interesting"

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
How is that game? I was intrigued by the stream but wasn't quite sure if it was fun or just "interesting"

I think it's amazing. Vinny made it look very frustrating because you really have to pay attention and stop and think about what to do, and it's super hard to do that while streaming. There's also a lot going on in each screen.

It's probably a GOTY contender for me. It's basically a puzzle metroidvania, and the platforming is mostly not actually that hard. As I said Vinny accidentally found some weird thing that I don't think is the intended way to solve a lot of stuff, and then did that even when there was a much easier solution if you think about it for a second.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Funny enough, I've been playing this the last week and it has a weird nostalgia feeling of "they don't make games like this anymore". It's not GOOD and i'm playing in 30 minute chunks (and think if I was playing for longer stretches I'd hate the game), but it's worth at least checking out.

Also, at least on Xbox, the DLC currency is actually free now, so feel free to add $400 worth of paid currency to your account for nothing at the start of the game and just buy every upgrade as they come avalible.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
pronk / Bigkrev

Thanks for the insights! Once I'm done with my nostalgia trips I will probably checkout Animal Well and as for RYSE I downloaded some super Ultimate Edition through Game Pass that had all sorts of DLC so I'll see how that goes. I finished up Evil West today and I was gonna dive into RYSE but I couldn't miss the Cyberpunk stream!

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
Agreed. None of the puzzles were too difficult and I enjoyed the final key. Looks and sounds great too.
Yeah, I like puzzle games but I tend to be pretty bad at them but difficulty felt perfect. I didn't find myself banging my head against it and I felt really smart when I realized the solutions.

My GOTY. Just absolutely brilliant mechanics and design.
It's different but the idea of dimensional puzzles reminded me of Portal a lot. It was really accessible but mindbendy at the same time.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
I'm playing the Brood War campaign again cuz back in the day, I just cheated to see the story. I'm very close to the end but holy shit, Idk if it's old school RTS', RTS' in general, or I'm just getting old but my right wrist is really feeling it. No more m/k games for me for a while after this. :'(

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing the Brood War campaign again cuz back in the day, I just cheated to see the story. I'm very close to the end but holy shit, Idk if it's old school RTS', RTS' in general, or I'm just getting old but my right wrist is really feeling it. No more m/k games for me for a while after this. :'(

been going through the warcraft 3 reforged campaign because of the same reason. It's a lot easier than I remember, most missions can be finished pretty fast. I used to remember spending ages just building a huge army but you can kinda make do with just one or two squads.

empo

Jan 27, 2018

it's intentional there's an achievement for it
don't think it's mandatory though, maybe for some secrets?
I used it a lot, not that hard when you get the hang of it

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy to hear they really enjoyed the first two episodes of the return . Super excited about how the season goes

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
been going through the warcraft 3 reforged campaign because of the same reason. It's a lot easier than I remember, most missions can be finished pretty fast. I used to remember spending ages just building a huge army but you can kinda make do with just one or two squads.
I don't have time to do a Warcraft 3 (or Starcraft, for that matter) campaign replay, but I remember the WC3 missions being a lot easier than the Starcraft campaigns. It could be an age thing though since I was obviously older when Warcraft 3 came out.