• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What QB deserves a second chance?

• Jamarcus Russell

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Johnny Manziel

Votes: 56 20.5%
  • Josh Freeman

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • David Carr

Votes: 97 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
What's the scoop on Connor Williams? Bucs badly need tackles but I just don't feel sold on the guy and we don't do anything by putting in new bad tackles over our current ones (I mostly mean Donovan Smith.).
He's a good tackle with short arms and height so worst case you can make him a guard

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Vikings fans, is there any player that stands out as a fan favorite and will probably be around a while? I'm buying my brother a jersey but I don't follow his team so I wasn't sure which would be best.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trade has a ton of upside for you, but it has a ton of downside too. When his head is in the game, he's one of the most dangerous threats in the game. But he's also not a team player, and as you said, is one fuckup away from a long term ban from the league. If everything goes his way, and your team is winning - he'll likely be awesome for you. If he's not getting what he believes to be enough touches, then you're going to have an issue on your hand. It'll be interesting to see how he produces without Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell to distract the defense too.

Amari is a poor mans AB and MyShawn is still a premier back in the league.

If he balls out and gets paid by someone, we'll get a comp 3rd or 4th in 2019.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Dak: has the best rookie season of any QB since Ben
"He's shit"

Dak: loses all his options
"Told ya he was shit"

Fucking dorks.

I was one of the biggest supporters in 2016 on the old forum, I still am one of the biggest supporters of Dak, that does not mean we cannot critique his completely ineffective year last year.

The first half of last year at one point he got to 49 touchdowns in his short career, joining only a select elite few that include my boy Romo.

Dak was playing great, so was this offense, the defense let us lose to the rams/packers. But even during this strech, you saw him being wildly and frustratingly inacurrate, to the point of us asking why. Dez saved at least 10 interceptions from happening last year, we are talking Eli Manning potential from Dak last year.

After Tyron got hurt and Zeke left, and once he got rattled for 9 sacks to Atlanta, Bad Dak was the only Dak we were seeing week in and out. It made me question who this kid has become. This new QB did not look like Dak from the 24 games to start his career.

This year is absolutely critical for Dak, if he shows us he can be the Dak from the first 24 games of his football career, we will ride with him until he retires, but if starts the first 5 or so games as the same Dak from games 25-32, then we need to start looking for a new QB.

I have all the faith in dak, I want this kid to succeed more than anyone, I belive he is the real deal here, but I need to see it again, so does Dallas

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I was one of the biggest supporters in 2016 on the old forum, I still am one of the biggest supporters of Dak, that does not mean we cannot critique his completely ineffective year last year.

The first half of last year at one point he got to 49 touchdowns in his short career, joining only a select elite few that include my boy Romo.

Dak was playing great, so was this offense, the defense let us lose to the rams/packers. But even during this strech, you saw him being wildly and frustratingly inacurrate, to the point of us asking why. Dez saved at least 10 interceptions from happening last year, we are talking Eli Manning potential from Dak last year.

After Tyron got hurt and Zeke left, and once he got rattled for 9 sacks to Atlanta, Bad Dak was the only Dak we were seeing week in and out. It made me question who this kid has become. This new QB did not look like Dak from the 24 games to start his career.

This year is absolutely critical for Dak, if he shows us he can be the Dak from the first 24 games of his football career, we will ride with him until he retires, but if starts the first 5 or so games as the same Dak from games 25-32, then we need to start looking for a new QB.

I have all the faith in dak, I want this kid to succeed more than anyone, I belive he is the real deal here, but I need to see it again, so does Dallas

I am a Dallas fan and i've been suspect of Dak from day 1, even during his great 2016 season.

The reason why? I saw too much of him down here in SEC country when he was QBing Miss State that I knew what his flaws were and all those flaws were still present in some way in 2016 and came back in full-force in 2017.

Dak produced in about as close to an ideal situation as you can ask to have in 2016. He wasn't touched, rarely hurried, and had the league's best RB behind him running behind the league's best OL. That's Easy Mode for a QB, no matter how developed they are.

Last year was what I would have expected from Dak in 2016. All those same footwork and mechanics flaws he got knocked for at Miss St were on display once again. Now he's gotta clean everything up and take that next step. Will he? I don't know but Im not holding my breath

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Rodgers should have been traded to the jets in 08.

Think of sexy rexy and champ champ godgers winning 4 super bowls in a row and forcing Brady into an early retirement.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Darnold is good actually
I think when rookie camp starts we're all going to be more than happy.

We were all just dead set on Rosen as our guy. Darnold literally wasn't even supposed to be there. I'm not sure I saw more than one or two mocks where he slipped past both the Browns AND Giants, or some team didn't trade up to 2 for him.

The only thing to really be upset about is that we gave up 3 second rounders for no good reason now IMO, but if Darnold works out fuck it, it was worth it. We draft like shit in the second round anyway.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with our offseason in general;

-We drafted our franchise QB, and got one that wasn't even supposed to be available at that. I mean, we were supposed to get him by going 1-15 before the season started. We have McCown to teach him. AND we have Bridgewater as a young fallback who's still only 25 years old.
-At RB we're suddenly kinda deep with a solid rotation of #2 guys, especially if Rawls can stay healthy. Rawls/Crowell/Powell/McGuire and now this kid Cannon they drafted is insane if you watch his film. It was against third rate competition, but he's VERY fast/quick. Average 6+ YPC his last two years in college.
-Our WR core is highly underrated imo. We get Quincy back who was morphing into one of the better slot receivers in the game in 2016. Robbie came into his own on the outside last year and COULD be the #1 guy we haven't had in god knows how long. And Kearse is extremely reliable and was playing great before McCown got hurt. Getting Quincy back is huge.
-We got our Mangold replacement on the line. I'm upset we didn't draft ANYBODY to beef up here, but that's what getting rid of those second rounders did to us. I think this is where we focus next draft.
-We beefed up the D-line in the draft after losing 3 out of our big 4 in the last two years.
-We got arguably the best ILB on the market in free agency, as well as getting younger and cheaper, compared to Demario.
-Signing Trumaine and resigning Mo is huge for our secondary. Combine that with the development of Adams/Maye, and being able to move Skrine to the slot where he belongs, out secondary goes from a huge question mark to the biggest strength on the team now.

I'm concerned about our OLBs (Lee needs to take a big step this year or he's officially a bust) and we don't have shit at TE with ASJ leaving, but we have a lot of depth everywhere else. We're just missing a "superstar" piece on offense to make some plays out of nowhere.

The schedule is stupid easy next year, with 9 very winnable games on it. Both Phins games are early in the year, possibly before Tannehill is back in a rhythm. The Bills are clearly in rebuild mode. Our bye is right before the home game against the Pats. 10-6 is a real possibility, and that should be enough to get in the playoffs in the AFC. Not bad for a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league last year.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think when rookie camp starts we're all going to be more than happy.

We were all just dead set on Rosen as our guy. Darnold literally wasn't even supposed to be there. I'm not sure I saw more than one or two mocks where he slipped past both the Browns AND Giants, or some team didn't trade up to 2 for him.

The only thing to really be upset about is that we gave up 3 second rounders for no good reason now IMO, but if Darnold works out fuck it, it was worth it. We draft like shit in the second round anyway.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with our offseason in general;

-We drafted our franchise QB, and got one that wasn't even supposed to be available at that. I mean, we were supposed to get him by going 1-15 before the season started. We have McCown to teach him. AND we have Bridgewater as a young fallback who's still only 25 years old.
-At RB we're suddenly kinda deep with a solid rotation of #2 guys, especially if Rawls can stay healthy. Rawls/Crowell/Powell/McGuire and now this kid Cannon they drafted is insane if you watch his film. It was against third rate competition, but he's VERY fast/quick. Average 6+ YPC his last two years in college.
-Our WR core is highly underrated imo. We get Quincy back who was morphing into one of the better slot receivers in the game in 2016. Robbie came into his own on the outside last year and COULD be the #1 guy we haven't had in god knows how long. And Kearse is extremely reliable and was playing great before McCown got hurt. Getting Quincy back is huge.
-We got our Mangold replacement on the line. I'm upset we didn't draft ANYBODY to beef up here, but that's what getting rid of those second rounders did to us. I think this is where we focus next draft.
-We beefed up the D-line in the draft after losing 3 out of our big 4 in the last two years.
-We got arguably the best ILB on the market in free agency, as well as getting younger and cheaper, compared to Demario.
-Signing Trumaine and resigning Mo is huge for our secondary. Combine that with the development of Adams/Maye, and being able to move Skrine to the slot where he belongs, out secondary goes from a huge question mark to the biggest strength on the team now.

I'm concerned about our OLBs (Lee needs to take a big step this year or he's officially a bust) and we don't have shit at TE with ASJ leaving, but we have a lot of depth everywhere else. We're just missing a "superstar" piece on offense to make some plays out of nowhere.

The schedule is stupid easy next year, with 9 very winnable games on it. Both Phins games are early in the year, possibly before Tannehill is back in a rhythm. The Bills are clearly in rebuild mode. Our bye is right before the home game against the Pats. 10-6 is a real possibility, and that should be enough to get in the playoffs in the AFC. Not bad for a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league last year.
Hell of write up, my dude. As far as the giving up 3 2nd rounders point, think of it this way: We gave up Sheldon Richardson and 2 second rounders for Sam Motherfucking Donald and Jeremy Kerase. Any fanbase that says they wouldn't take that trade 10 out of 10 times is flat out lying.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Hell of write up, my dude. As far as the giving up 3 2nd rounders point, think of it this way: We gave up Sheldon Richardson and 2 second rounders for Sam Motherfucking Donald and Jeremy Kerase. Any fanbase that says they wouldn't take that trade 10 out of 10 times is flat out lying.
It's just nice to be excited for the next season again. The last 18 months have been so agonizing. Going from "we might contend!" to blowing the ENTIRE roster up in 2016-2017 fucking sucked. But the light could be really bright at the end of the tunnel.

And yeah, when you put it that way we definitely made out like bandits haha. Someone posted what the Eagles gave up to get Wentz before and the list was kinda crazy. I mean, it worked out for sure, but it's insane what the price of MAYBE getting a top tier QB prospect usually is.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's just nice to be excited for the next season again. The last 18 months have been so agonizing. Going from "we might contend!" to blowing the ENTIRE roster up in 2016-2017 fucking sucked. But the light could be really bright at the end of the tunnel.

And yeah, when you put it that way we definitely made out like bandits haha. Someone posted what the Eagles gave up to get Wentz before and the list was kinda crazy. I mean, it worked out for sure, but it's insane what the price of MAYBE getting a top tier QB prospect usually is.

Patriots traded a top tier QB for a box of cracker jacks and some gumballs.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wtf did you guys even do with that pick? I was busy all weekend so I couldn't watch live, but how did you guys only wind up with one pick in rounds 2-4?

ob·fus·ca·tion
ˌäbfəˈskāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: obfuscation; plural noun: obfuscations
the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
wzPLvdk.jpg

tenor.gif

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm thinking of buying a custom jets Rosen jersey jersey just so I can say I was right
At least he's on the other coast in the other conference. We'll see him once every four years at most and, if we're lucky, in a super bowl.

I'm still rooting for him. The Cards have had even worse QB luck than us. If there was any other team in the league I would've been okay with seeing him on, it was them.

Might buy his Cards jersey tbh.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Super early depth chart

QB
Tom Brady
Danny Etling

RB
Sony Michel
Rex Burkhead
James White
Brandon Bolden (ST)

FB
James Develin

TE
Rob Gronkowski
Dwayne Allen
Jacob Hollister

WR
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Phillip Dorsett
Malcolm Mitchell
Matthew Slater (ST)
Cordarelle Patterson (KR)

OL
Isaiah Wynn
Marcus Cannon
Shaq Mason
Joe Thuney
David Andrews
Ladrian Waddle
Trent Brown
Antonio Garcia
Ted Karras

Offense 25

DE
Trey Flowers
Adrian Clayborn
Deatrich Wise JR
Derek Rivers

DT
Lawrence Guy
Malcolm Brown
Danny Shelton
Vincent Valentine

LB
Dont'a Hightower
Kyle Van Noy
Elandon Roberts
Christian Sam
Ja'whaun Bentley (ST)
Harvey Langi (ST)

CB
Stephon Gilmore
Eric Rowe
Duke Dawson
Jason McCourty
Cyrus Jones (PR)
Jonathan Jones (ST)

S
Devin McCourty
Patrick Chung
Duron Harmon
Nate Ebner (ST)
Brandon King (ST)

Defense 25

K
Stephen Gostkowski

P
Ryan Allen

LS
Joe Cardona

Special Teams 3

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA
Has any Trojan QB ever won anything in the NFL?

Sanchez won four playoff games, but Carson, Leinart, Barkley, Cassel, Kessler, Booty, Rob Johnson...that guy the LA Raiders drafted in like 93. I don't think Rodney Peete did shit because he was drafted by Detroit.

They're all either bang average pros or garbage. I honestly thought Barkley had the best chance of success since Palmer but he ended up a bust too. Darnold just looks like a loser. He's probably going to have early flashes and then fold like the rest.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I never understand what kind of correlation people try to make out of stuff like "Trojan QBs have never won anything" as a reason to write a guy off. Most of the guys you listed all played in different eras, under different coaches, with different systems, and drafted into different teams. It doesn't mean anything.

I mean, have any Louisville QBs ever won anything? How about any Petrino coached QBs? Does that mean Lamar is going to bust?

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Has any Trojan QB ever won anything in the NFL?

Sanchez won four playoff games, but Carson, Leinart, Barkley, Cassel, Kessler, Booty, Rob Johnson...that guy the LA Raiders drafted in like 93. I don't think Rodney Peete did shit because he was drafted by Detroit.

They're all either bang average pros or garbage. I honestly thought Barkley had the best chance of success since Palmer but he ended up a bust too. Darnold just looks like a loser. He's probably going to have early flashes and then fold like the rest.
Barkley was like a 4th round pick. I'd say he met expectations.

Palmer got ruined by injuries early on.

Sanchez had a horrible offensive coordinator, no receivers early in his career, and an average running game, while getting carried by his defense. He had talent, he was just in a terrible system to develop in and was given one of the best defenses of the decade to lean on. I think he would've been much better if he started out on a different team.

Leinart was a bust for sure, but that whole 06 draft class was just... weird. So much talent that wasn't realized.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Patriots won the draft as usual. While teams were reaching at positions the Patriots were taking football players.

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
I never understand what kind of correlation people try to make out of stuff like "Trojan QBs have never won anything" as a reason to write a guy off. Most of the guys you listed all played in different eras, under different coaches, with different systems, and drafted into different teams. It doesn't mean anything.

I mean, have any Louisville QBs ever won anything? How about any Petrino coached QBs? Does that mean Lamar is going to bust?
Kinda feel the same way about the supposed "Heisman Trophy winning QB" pattern of busts/underacheivers. Like...what's the common factor there other than just winning the award?

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA

Just an observation. It's all obviously anecdotal.

Status
Not open for further replies.