• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 126 77.8%

• Total voters

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
There's no way they will dock them an early round pick in this year's draft. Draft is too close for that. I'm expecting a later round pick this year or more likely a mid-rounder in next year's.

I debated a good while about taking him at 8, but I just don't have much confidence in players from the Pac-12. Didn't even know about the injury issues.

If it wasn't for his medical history, he goes top 10

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Growing up a Lions fan, the draft was always our "Super Bowl" having these high picks and sexy players and HOPE. Brad Holmes has completely taken that away and I couldn't be more happy. I know the Lions will have an un-sexy draft and will get blown up on "dRaFt GrAdE" only to have things pan out down the road. At this point, I don't care who they take and just want to Let Brad Cook.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
2024 NFL Era Mock Draft
  1. Bears: Caleb Williams, QB
  2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB
  3. Patriots: Drake Maye, QB
  4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr, WR
  5. Chargers: Joe Alt, OT
  6. Giants: Malik Nabers, WR
  7. Titans: Rome Odunze, WR
  8. Falcons: Jared Verse, EDGE
  9. Bears: Dallas Turner, EDGE
  10. Jets: Brock Bowers, TE
  11. Vikings: JJ McCarthy, QB
  12. Broncos: Bo Nix, QB
  13. Raiders: Michael Penix Jr, QB
  14. Saints: Taliese Fuaga, OT
  15. Colts: Brian Thomas Jr, WR
  16. Seahawks: Laiatu Latu, EDGE
  17. Jaguars: Terrion Arnold, CB
  18. Bengals: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT
  19. Rams: Chop Robinson, EDGE
  20. Steelers: Byron Murphy II, DT
  21. Dolphins: Troy Fautanu, OT
  22. Eagles: Quinyon Mitchell, CB

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
AB is claiming through CTESPN that the Chargers are trading Herbert to the Vikings on draft night. probably BS but he's been getting every jersey leak right, plus he also was the one who said Diggs to Houston iirc

Well that would be interesting. Trading away one of the top QBs so that they have an excuse to draft the coaches favored college QB. Harbaugh's job would probably depend on if McCarthy actually pans out.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Chargers would be the dumbest morons ever to trade their under contract franchise QB for......who. I think Herbert is overrated but he's still a top 10 QB.

Jim Harbaugh would have to be a complete idiot to do that when he just got the job. You aren't just going to easily stumble on to another good QB again.

If he was on the trading block, I'd have sold the farm for him as a Steeler fan. Damn. What having no franchise QB does to a person.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Chargers would be the dumbest morons ever to trade their under contract franchise QB for......who. I think Herbert is overrated but he's still a top 10 QB.

Jim Harbaugh would have to be a complete idiot to do that when he just got the job. You aren't just going to easily stumble on to another good QB again.

If he was on the trading block, I'd have sold the farm for him as a Steeler fan. Damn. What having no franchise QB does to a person.
I mean he did all that under the ineptitude of the Chargers, he might be underrated.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean... I'm a Vikings fan and I can't even begin to believe that would or could happen, lol.

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. If the Charger's want to give you Herbert and pay a huge chunk of the salary he is owed, you definitely take them up on it.

Same situation as Russel Wilson, but Herbert is actually a good QB.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah his dead cap number is hilarious to trade. And just paid him like 50mil cash on a bonus in March.

The AB tweet mentioned a weird cap hit number that seemed low. Looks like it's from overthecap, which appears to be complete wrong on Herbert's cap hits via a trade.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
2024 NFL Era Mock Draft
  1. Bears: Caleb Williams, QB
  2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB
  3. Patriots: Drake Maye, QB
  4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr, WR
  5. Chargers: Joe Alt, OT
  6. Giants: Malik Nabers, WR
  7. Titans: Rome Odunze, WR
  8. Falcons: Jared Verse, EDGE
  9. Bears: Dallas Turner, EDGE
  10. Jets: Brock Bowers, TE
  11. Vikings: JJ McCarthy, QB
  12. Broncos: Bo Nix, QB
  13. Raiders: Michael Penix Jr, QB
  14. Saints: Taliese Fuaga, OT
  15. Colts: Brian Thomas Jr, WR
  16. Seahawks: Laiatu Latu, EDGE
  17. Jaguars: Terrion Arnold, CB
  18. Bengals: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, CB
Fashanu is an OT.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yeah his dead cap number is hilarious to trade. And just paid him like 50mil cash on a bonus in March.

The AB tweet mentioned a weird cap hit number that seemed low. Looks like it's from overthecap, which appears to be complete wrong on Herbert's cap hits via a trade.

The dead cap no matter when you do it makes it completely prohibitive...

Not to mention, whyyyy would the Chargers do this lol?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
With the 19th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Chop Robinson, Edge from Penn State.

With the announcement of Aaron Donald's retirement, the Rams lost one of if not their best player. Any team knows they can't just patch in and replace a player like that, but this year's draft has some great young rushers that can bring some youthful energy to the d-line.

I believe the Rams will have a shot at the top rushers in the draft in Latu, Verse and Turner. Since they are taken here, and the Rams did bring in Chop Robinson for a pre-draft visit, I gave him the pick. Robinson impressed teams at the combine with a blazing 4.48 second 40-yard dash, and is explosive with terrific first-step quickness.

And with that, chuckddd the Steelers are on the clock.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Rams end up taking Byron Murphy to fill that void left by Aaron Donald in the real draft.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly, I'd like to say this draft is ridiculous. So much great talent has fallen here that I'd trade back 10 slots and still probably get one of the guys I actually wanted, but screw it,

With the 20th pick of the 2024 mock era NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Byron Murphy II, DT, UTAustin.

Sure, defensive tackle isn't the biggest need on the team, but Murphy is the bpa and it isn't close. With WPMOTY Cam Heyward getting long in the tooth, the Steelers need to replenish the defensive line with young studs. Last year's second round pick, Keanu Benton, can now move back to DE and Murphy will lock down the interior at NT or the 3 tech in nickel packages.

Murphy is a muscular, compact, freaky athletic player. Drawing comparisons to Aaron Donald, this man will be an anchor in Pittsburgh for years to come.

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
So glad no one is looking into why the Bears have been the first to instantly sign people during the legal tampering period. Surely they do not engage with any players prior to the legal period.

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
With the 21st pick, the Miami Dolphins Select

Troy Fautanu, OT Washington

Miami is in a weird position, after a strong FA period where they addressed a lot of holes left by players that left, we don't have an urgent need at any single position, Miami had very good oline depth last year and we re-signed our oline players again to continue with a solid group, so this pick allows Miami to bring in Troy to play either backup or even start at LG, C or RG as we need without putting too much pressure on the rookie and he can take over for Armstead in 2025.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo.

The Eagles would run up with the card if Quinyon fell to them at 22. Arguably the best CB / defensive player in the entire class. While the Eagles would love to replenish the OT/G depth and set up a succession plan for Lane Johnson at RT, the real immediate need at CB matched BPA on the board. Similarly, an Edge Rusher here would have made sense but the top 3 guys are off the board.

In Quinyon, they get a CB who can be CB2 week 1 and eventually take over for Slay as their top corner. This would be a home run pick for the Eagles at 22.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Yeah those new Houston uniforms are a miss for me, outside of the script H logo with the spur they're using on the helmet now. Maybe it's just how much black is prevalent on it now or the lighting on some of the pics but I swear the red and blue they're using are brighter than they used to be, which is a shame because I actually liked that combination before. To me the new look kinda gives off UFL vibes.

Whether people like or dislike the Lions bringing back their black jerseys, I do at least think it was a good idea for them to not reintroduce the black into their main unis like what the Texans are doing here.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo.

The Eagles would run up with the card if Quinyon fell to them at 22. Arguably the best CB / defensive player in the entire class. While the Eagles would love to replenish the OT/G depth and set up a succession plan for Lane Johnson at RT, the real immediate need at CB matched BPA on the board. Similarly, an Edge Rusher here would have made sense but the top 3 guys are off the board.

In Quinyon, they get a CB who can be CB2 week 1 and eventually take over for Slay as their top corner. This would be a home run pick for the Eagles at 22.
I think Howie would get run out of town if Mitchell was there and he didn't pick him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I know the Eagles will likely bringing back the All Black Uniforms, question is when is it confirmed?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I think Howie would get run out of town if Mitchell was there and he didn't pick him.

Yeah, but I wouldn't put it past him to take Latham there. First of all, there is no way Latham falls that far. If he is around picks 16, 17, and 18, I see Howie trading up for him, assuming both top CBs are taken.

They value OT that much more than any other position, and the depth behind Mailata and Lane is paper-thin. Steen might not be ready to start at RG. Latham would solve two problems at once.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
With the 23rd overall pick the Minnesota Vikings select Jer'Zhan Newton, Defensive Tackle, Illinois.

Brian Flores did a helluva job last season taking a pretty terrible defensive roster and for 3/4 of the season turning them into something fun to watch. But the defense desperately needs reinforcements and here we get an exciting and disruptive centre piece for the vikings new look defensive front.